yoonaclaxxy
bman7720

does homosexuality consider a sin?

yoonaclaxxy

Con

im just trying to have a debate about homosexuals as a sin or not. this is my project and im tryinn to ask help from u guyss to argue with me. and see if i can really stand my side,
bman7720

Pro

I will argue that homosexuality is considered a sin, specifically looking at the Torah and the Bible.

Sin: An action that goes against the will of a deity.
Homosexuality: The state of being attracted to one's own gender.

I would like to point out that I am personally homosexual, and an atheist, however I will be arguing from analyzing the texts of Judaism and Christianity, since the two are similar. I will refrain from using testimonials from modern religious figures (i.e. The Pope, priests, or any clergy) and followers. This will be completely founded on the texts of these two religions.

Let's begin looking at the book of Leviticus, followed more in Judaism than Christianity. In Leviticus 18:22 it states, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is an abomination (1)." Now, the argument that the book of Leviticus is not valid in modern theistic practice, but many standards on sexual tendencies mentioned in Leviticus 18 are still considered sinful. For instance, Leviticus 18:23, " Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion." This reference to zoophilia, or the act of sexual intercourse with animals, has kept its place as negative in society's morals to this very day. As well as mentions to incest, stated in Leviticus 18:6. Leviticus is a set of standards that God was said to have spoken to Moses, as guidelines for purity.

(1.)http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...
yoonaclaxxy

Con

yoonaclaxxy forfeited this round.
bman7720

Pro

bman7720 forfeited this round.
yoonaclaxxy

Con

yoonaclaxxy forfeited this round.
bman7720

Pro

bman7720 forfeited this round.
yoonaclaxxy

Con

yoonaclaxxy forfeited this round.
bman7720

Pro

bman7720 forfeited this round.
yoonaclaxxy

Con

yoonaclaxxy forfeited this round.
bman7720

Pro

bman7720 forfeited this round.
Posted by A341 2 years ago
A341
Do you mean biblically considered a sin?