The Instigator
cxman123
Con (against)
Losing
0 Points
The Contender
Erossucks123
Pro (for)
Winning
6 Points

does social media effect society in a good way

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 1 vote the winner is...
Erossucks123
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 3/10/2015 Category: Society
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 801 times Debate No: 71455
Debate Rounds (4)
Comments (0)
Votes (1)

 

cxman123

Con

I cxman123 challenge you Erossucks123 to a social media argument.
The rules of this debate are the following:
by social media I mean online, or handheld media like; Facebook, Twitter, or Snap chat. Not the news or any "TV" social media like the news.
The rounds will go like this:
-Round 1: Rule stating and acceptance of rules
-Round 2: opening arguments
-Round 3: First rebuttal
-Round 4: Last rebuttal and closing arguments
-sincerely cxman123
Erossucks123

Pro

i shall forward hence accept thy debate fine sir for thy shall parish in the fiery depths of tartarus.
Debate Round No. 1
cxman123

Con

First off I thank you for accepting my debate
My Point is that social media bring forth antisocial behaviors. some examples of these are; suicidal thoughts, depression, loneliness, and the need to cyber bully.
First off let me explain my point, without any actual human contact your brain will start to thing being alone is normal and good, so the next time you have a choice to hang out with friends or go update your blog. your brain will most likely choose the second option creating a vicious circle pulling more and more people in. No-one can help it but we can fight against it by going outside more and leaving Facebook for another day.
We do not need social media to punch a hole to all of our "Real" relationships goodbye and good day.
Erossucks123

Pro

POINT 1: Well you may not know this but 59% of children who have used social media report that they have used it to discuss educational topics with their friends and the other 41% use social media to complete assignments with their friends. George Middle School in Portland, Oregon introduced a social media program to engage students to be with their friends and still be working together and after they did that students grades went up by 50% and skipping school went down by 33% and 20% of students school wide voluntarily completed extra credit assignments. http://socialnetworking.procon.org...
Debate Round No. 2
cxman123

Con

cxman123 forfeited this round.
Erossucks123

Pro

I will give a short rebuttal wich is the fact that ddo is a social networking site. Are these people antisocial? The answer NO they are far from it with many debates on countless topics. The forums where people comunicate about everything there are even ddo hangouts on google+ where people like you and me socialize. Plus we don't spend all day on these sites and a lot of us go to school or work for the most part of the day where we socialize all the time so I disagree with the fact that social media causes antisocial behaviour
Debate Round No. 3
cxman123

Con

cxman123 forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 4
No comments have been posted on this debate.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by DarthKirones 1 year ago
DarthKirones
cxman123Erossucks123Tied
Agreed with before the debate:-Vote Checkmark-0 points
Agreed with after the debate:-Vote Checkmark-0 points
Who had better conduct:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Made more convincing arguments:-Vote Checkmark-3 points
Used the most reliable sources:-Vote Checkmark-2 points
Total points awarded:06 
Reasons for voting decision: FF and Pro had a source.