Genivia
JakubNohavica

dogs are better than cats

Genivia

Pro

Well, I personally stand for dogs. 'Cause they look adorable and they are very loyal. But all cats do is scratching sofas, yourself, chairs, beds, tables and sneaking around . Which means that you will have to pay for a new sofa, chair, bed, table (well, you might find it okay.) But, it's hurting you so that you will have to go to the doctor's or even worse, to the hospital. Remember: You paid to buy the cat!
(All the above costs money! )
The above shows that you are paying for something (the cat )which is bringing you trouble and harming you. Whose gonna be such a silly billy? Right?
JakubNohavica

Con

Although, being a man, I am a teensy bit more fond of dogs, I would beg to disagree with the statement, as it is essentially flawed. I have two cats and I occasionally look after a dog and I have to say that there is basically no difference between those. Both welcome me joyfully when I arrive home and sit motionless when I am leaving. I have seen a lot of mess made by either, in each and every case followed by an innocent - and needless to say adorable - stare.

There certainly are substantial differences, based on achieving goals - or the state of euphoria. While it is fetching sticks that makes dogs happy, cats are going mad about scratching their posts, or literally anything at hand. It is not a matter of being hostile, it is a matter of feeling good.

More to the point of scratching and devastating, it is vital to consider the fact that while dogs tend to spend a lot of time outside, cats, especially if living in urban environment, generally spend their lifetime in a confined area of a flat. All animals are mischievous, so they do their monkey business wherever possible: in the case of cats, in the confined area;"in the case of dogs, outdoors (chewing branches) and also indoors (chewing sneakers).

Cats and dogs are different in the way they manifest their affection, but it boils down to the fact that both try to make our day, and that's what it's all about.
Genivia

Pro

Genivia forfeited this round.
JakubNohavica

Con

JakubNohavica forfeited this round.
Genivia

Pro

Genivia forfeited this round.
JakubNohavica

Con

JakubNohavica forfeited this round.
Posted by Old_Saxon 11 months ago
Old_Saxon
I am pro dog, much more loyal. The thing with cats is that there's a little Egyptian in many of us, and if you remember, they worshiped the animal. That's a common thing to be passed down, a mentality of sorts.

Cats are a very passive aggressive animal, while dogs are much more confrontational. In the end a dog will teach you more about yourself than a cat. Dogs take much more work to take care of. They demand a lot more respect too. Dogs tend to flock to stronger people, it;s just how it has always been. Cats are more of a novelty to many than a partner, and many don't realize it.