k0rbyn
l1am

dogs

k0rbyn
Started: 5/22/2015 Category: Cars

k0rbyn

Pro

Dogs are cool
l1am

Con

Cats are swag
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
S&G - Four out of eleven of con's letters were errored; a cat cannot intrinsically BE swag, however they can be swaggy. This seriously affected my ability to read con's case, so I must award pro with S&G. | Happy to clarify this RFD as always, just PM me.
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
I feel as though this debate brought about a major societal concern that is among the general populace - is a dog cooler than a cat is swag? I hear my local politicians talking about this issue a lot, but now I am very glad to see a debate about this issue really coming forward. | When I am deciding who has a better argument, I have to employ a tactic called "impact analysis", which looks at the probability and magnitude of an argument. | Probability - The probability of a dog being cool is much higher than a cat being swag. This is simply due to the fact that the threshold for 'cool' is lower than the threshold for 'swag', and thus more dogs will be cool than cats swag. This means that I am inclined to vote pro, just looking at the probability of these events. | Magnitude - The overall impact of a cat being swag is a MUCH higher impact than a dog being cool. This is because, again, the threshold is set so high that if all cats are cool (as con does claim, by generalising 'cats are cool'), then the impact is tremendous. This seriously outweighs the impact of dogs, as a whole, being cool. Looking at magnitude and scope of these claims, I am inclined to vote for con. | I award 1 'point' to each side for winning a magnitude and probability claim. Because con and pro both did win 1 'point', arguments are tied. | Happy to clarify this RFD in much more detail if necessary, be sure to PM me.
Vote Placed by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
k0rbynl1amTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments