octo
Nels4Tats

dose the Christian God exists

Nels4Tats

octo

Pro

Lets say you find a pocketwatch in he middle of the woods and you pick it up. One of the first things you would think would be "I wonder who made this Watch" not Look at what nature did. You see just like the watch earth is too advanced to just of happened. I believe God Exists and I will prove it and settel this topic once and for all.
Nels4Tats

Con

I will use the first round of the debate to acknowledge the fact that I am representing the con side of this debate. I hope you do settle this topic for yourself and find how "God" cannot be real. Also, relating to your anecdote, I would have to say that a pocketwatch and nature are two completely different things. One (stopwatch) has a definitive history which can be proven, while nature being created by god has no definitive truths. It has no credible evidence and the argument could be easily struck down due to your lack of evidence. Anyways, I look forward to debatng you! And good luck!
octo

Pro

Okay yes but if you put gears and all the components to make a watch into a bag then trust and shaked to bag around then opened it what is the chance that a clock would appear fully entacted functional and how long and how amy shakes would it take to get a watch out of the bag. I'm so sorry I WILL have better arguments next time.
Nels4Tats

Con

Its completely fine, however, there is the fact of probability. If you shake the bag, there is lets say a 1/10000000 of a chance that everything aligns into one specific pattern. But with that argument said, the earth has been in existence for BILLIONS of years. And humans have not existed for that entirety of years. There is a chance that one out of those billions of years, occurred a production of life. Of course, this was not human life, but it was life. So the chance of humans existing taken into the chance of probability regarding the time that the earth existed, is actually probable. Now, if we could move on from this ridiculous watch debate and move forward towards how the christian god does not exist, I would be glad. Also, may I say that PRO has made no arguments for the existence of his god, but rather made an anecdote towards a stopwatch and the logistics of probability.
octo

Pro

Goodbey and Goodnight
Nels4Tats

Con

Nels4Tats forfeited this round.
octo

Pro

octo forfeited this round.
Nels4Tats

Con

Nels4Tats forfeited this round.
Posted by FathomTheDeep 2 years ago
FathomTheDeep
If you want some possibly more engaging discussion on this subject, have a look at my new debate here:

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
No amount of belief makes something a fact. If one had sufficient evidence to warrant belief in a particular claim, then one wouldn"t believe the claim on the basis of faith. "Faith" is the word one uses when one does not have enough evidence to justify holding a belief, but when one just goes ahead and believes anyway
Posted by theta_pinch 2 years ago
theta_pinch
the problem with the pocket watch argument is that a pocket watch doesn't have DNA meaning it can't mutate. So basically the problem is that a pocket watch can't go through the process of natural selection which is required for evolution.
Vote Placed by zmikecuber 2 years ago
zmikecuber
octoNels4TatsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con refuted Pro's arguments, even if his refutation was brief. Pro did not respond to Con's refutations, so they stand. Both had bad s/g but Pro had worse.
Vote Placed by xXx_Warshak_xXx 2 years ago
xXx_Warshak_xXx
octoNels4TatsTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't see any proof that one "Godly" like figure had come and created anything, have no proof today to show anything like this happened.
Vote Placed by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
octoNels4TatsTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.