Bissonnettemsc2014
boycemsc2014

dress code

Started: 11/18/2013 Category: Fashion

Bissonnettemsc2014

Pro

I think that with the bullying that happens, more than 80% are over things other than what people wear. People are bullied no matter where they are no matter what. Expression at our school has slowly been declining because of the new strict rules which are making self expression harder and harder to make happen. Uniforms are not what changes the bullying aspect, the same exact things happen at a school without uniforms. Many times the argument is made that uniforms change the way a school is run and how kids are treated. People compare Mount Saint Charles to Woonsocket High School to prove a point. That point is completely invalid, the difference isn't the uniforms its the difference between private and public! Uniforms try to cover up the problems of society not fix the problems. Uniforms don't determine equality they determine what school you go to, they prove a stereotype.
boycemsc2014

Con

As far as the 80% is that a proven fact? If not, I do not agree with this. A lot of bullying has to do with what people wear. That's why at my school, Mount Saint Charles Academy we enforce a dress code to reduce bullying. Yes, it is harder to express yourself but you are free to accessorize as you please and wear your hair however you desire. Yes, the rules have become much more strict, but they are doing it for our own benefit. Uniforms prove what school you go to simply because they are all different according to principal's choice. I agree, yes bullying still does happen, it's inevitable and almost impossible to stop, but you can dramatically increase it by enforcing a dress code at school. Many kids may not like it because they feel as if they cannot fully express themselves, but it is beneficial.
Bissonnettemsc2014

Pro

I disagree with your statement that we are allowed to express ourselves through uniforms. How am I supposed to express myself with I have to wear certain shoes, shirts,pants,skirts and socks for example. You need to realize that kids are getting bullied 24/7 and that things will not change due to a uniform or certain dress code. One of the most prominent causes that cause bullying in cyber bullying. Cyber bullying can happen any time of the day, anytime time and multiple causes no matter what the thing could be. The reason behind bullying usually because the insecurity of the person who is bullying who feels they need to take it out on a student or so called friend. I believe that putting a uniform on both of these students would by no means change the situation or make bullying go away. Uniforms cause things to see like they are put together when in all honestly they cover up the problem.
boycemsc2014

Con

Some uniforms are very lenient, they allow you to accessorize and style your hair in any fashion that you feel is suitable. I understand that we have to wear a specific set of shoes, pants, shirts, skirts and socks, but we have a plethora of options that we are able to choose. This way we can choose to our own liking. Having a uniform would help bullying and other people judging others, it would decrease a great amount. Cyberbullying has nothing to do with a uniform! Enforcing a dress code in schools, I firmly believe would decreased bullying and also make morning a lot easier.
Bissonnettemsc2014

Pro

Bissonnettemsc2014 forfeited this round.
boycemsc2014

Con

boycemsc2014 forfeited this round.
Bissonnettemsc2014

Pro

boycemsc2014

Con

boycemsc2014 forfeited this round.
Bissonnettemsc2014

Pro

boycemsc2014

Con

boycemsc2014 forfeited this round.
Posted by woodchuck37 3 years ago
woodchuck37
Both of you should post more statistics to prove your point. The opening for both sides are very strong