Cera_MSHS
PlasticSalamander

dress codes in public schools

Cera_MSHS

Con

Kids should be allowed to express themselves openly and freely through there clothing choices. As long as it is appropriate, non offensive, and no cuss words. People always say "they can express themselves through sock choice and hair styles, but is that enough for you? Its not for me. Some days I feel lazy so I ware sweatpants and a tee-shirt, but other days I feel awake and ready to go so I ware I nice sweater and leggings or a skirt and fancy top. I don't wat to look like everyone else.
PlasticSalamander

Pro

Cera, that is an extremely good point. Uniqueness is important to students. I should know, I currently attend a uniform school. Sometimes I feel like you do, but I do believe there is a good reason for uniforms. They help create an environment dedicated to learning and school-related activities. Uniforms also help take student's focus off of what the others are wearing and hence stop people from not including others or judging by how one looks.
Cera_MSHS

Con

Cera_MSHS forfeited this round.
PlasticSalamander

Pro

PlasticSalamander forfeited this round.