ordiwayselene
BillBonJovi

drop outs

Con Tied Pro

ordiwayselene

Con

high school students should not drop out because with out an education you can not get a well paying job . and most drop outs either do drugs or get pregnant.
BillBonJovi

Pro

I thank my opponent for making this interesting debate, and now onto the debate...

In my opponent's first round she said:

"high school students should not drop out because with out an education you can not get a well paying job . and most drop outs either do drugs or get pregnant".

So she argues that because of dropping out of high school:

1.They cannot get a well paid job in life
2.Most of them will go on to do drugs and get Pregnant

Seeing as I am the PRO in this debate that means I have explain why it can be alright for a high school student to drop out.

I am not trying to encourage anyone to quit school, but I am showing you that an education isn't an absolute necessity to have a successful life. You can also increase your brainpower without going to school. There are many ways that you can succeed and lots of ways to educate yourself.

Using the source: http://www.glamorati.com...
I discovered many successful celebrities that had dropped out of school in the past, but yet are today very successful and well paid in life.

Here are 20 celebrities who are high school drop outs…

1.Jessica Simpson – Dropped out of high school to pursue a musical career. Eventually received her GED.
2.Joe Pesci – he either dropped out of high school at 15 or 16.
3.Jim Carrey – Dropped out of his Canadian high school at 16.
4.Jamie Lynn Spears -After getting knocked up at age 16, Jamie Lynn received her GED.
5.Avril Lavigne – Another one who felt making music was more important than an education. Dropped out in 11th grade after being offered a recording contract.
6.John Travolta – Dropped out of school at 16 to be an actor – playing a high school student in "Welcome Back Kotter."
7.Britney Spears – Dropped out of high school before they began to teach important lessons like wearing underwear and not making left turns at red lights.
8.Leonardo DiCaprio – Dropped out of school to be an actor.
9.Jude Law – Left school at 17 to act.
10.Christina Applegate – Left high school to act and sing.
11.Prince – Left school at 17.
12.Lindsay Lohan – Made it all the way to the 11th grade. Frankly we're proud of her for getting that far.
13.Paris Hilton – Once claimed she "never got to go to college." Perhaps if she stayed in school that might have happened. But then, probably not.
14.Simon Cowell – Dropped out of his London boarding school at 16.
15.Quentin Tarrantino – Though he's considered a genus, he dropped out of high school in 9th grade.
16.Tom Petty – Dropped out of school at 17 to join a band called Mudcrutch.
17.Daniel Craig – Left school at 16 to act.
18.Steve Earle – The country singer and ex-con is a high school dropout.
19.Kid Rock – Dropped out of high school after landing a record deal.
20.Robert DeNiro – Dropped out of school to join a gang.

There you have it! Proof that education isn't always needed in order to become successful in life. Although, I admit, it may make success in life easier. But remember, money does not buy everything.

Now on to the case of most high school dropouts going on to do drugs and get pregnant. I consider CON's argument here to be irrelevant because even people that don't drop out of high school still do drugs and get pregnant. In this case I think CON better prove that they are more likely to go on to do drugs and get pregnant.

I end my first round here, and await my opponent's response...
ordiwayselene

Con

ok ok but not everyone has a natural skill set or the chance to even become famous at this point... drop outs are happening because of per pressure (your friends) so to my opppemnt game on and keep this going I'm willing to prove my points in any way GAME ONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BillBonJovi

Pro

I thank my opponent for the quick response

In my opponent's second round she said:

"ok ok but not everyone has a natural skill set or the chance to even become famous at this point... drop outs are happening because of per pressure (your friends) so to my opppemnt game on and keep this going I'm willing to prove my points in any way GAME ONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

REBUTTAL: Before I should truly rebut this, my opponent really should try prove that argument as well as explain it in better detail.

Seeing as I am a nice guy I will allow my opponent to this, so I will not be posting any major arguments in this round. CON please use your next round wisely.

I end my second round here...
ordiwayselene

Con

nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=16

this site backs up all my comments in this argument...also to my appoment you should think about what happens if high school students do drop out there are only obvious reasons
BillBonJovi

Pro

Well in Round 3 my opponent has provided evidence that there are a lot of high school drop outs these days... but she has failed to argue her case.

The topic of this debate was to argue whether it would be completely bad for people to drop out of high school or not. All that CON successfully did in this debate was state the obvious that there are lots of high school drop outs. And the source CON provided in Round 3 should not count as a reliable source because it was irrelevant to argument of this debate.

She was meant to argue that that because of dropping out of high school:

1.People cannot get a well paid job in life

CON failed to provide any evidence at all for those facts, however in Round 1 I successfully provided evidence to rebut her argument. In Round 1 I showed that there are many celebrities today who dropped out of high school in their past lives, but yet managed to go to have very successful careers. So I proved fact 1 to be incorrect.

As for fact 2 about most of them going on to do drugs and get pregnant, again CON failed to prove that to be true. I gave her a chance to try and prove it but she didn't use it correctly.

I have not bothered to truly rebut fact 2 because of how CON handled this debate there was no need to, and it was only a sub topic. The main topic of the debate was fact 1 that People cannot get a well paid job in life which I managed to prove wrong.

Well anyway I thank for CON for this very quick debate.

However because of all that I have explained in the debate, VOTE PRO
Posted by allretardsshoulddie 6 years ago
allretardsshoulddie
I think they should get to drop out of school that way there are kids roaming the streets that will do anything for money ANYTHING
Vote Placed by tyler90az 6 years ago
tyler90az
ordiwayseleneBillBonJoviTied
Vote Placed by SuperRobotWars 6 years ago
SuperRobotWars
ordiwayseleneBillBonJoviTied
Vote Placed by danny 6 years ago
danny
ordiwayseleneBillBonJoviTied
Vote Placed by Sky_ace25 6 years ago
Sky_ace25
ordiwayseleneBillBonJoviTied