boogyman105
LayTheologian

drugs should be legalized

boogyman105

Pro

I will be arguing that drugs should be legalized. first round will be acceptance. each one of us will get 1 round to argue, then 1 round each to rebuttal. Last round will be closing statements. I am looking forward to a very good debate.
LayTheologian

Con

I accept this debate on the condition that, being that "drugs" is nebulously-defined, the resolution be amended to provide a fair and controversial topic for us to argue. My rationale for insisting on this is as follows:

The resolution, as currently written, could be fairly interpreted either in a way that is unfairly favorable to pro or a way that is unfairly favorable to con. By way of example, one could insist that the resolution means, "there exist some drugs that are not yet legal for consumption that should become legal for consumption," which would be trivial for Pro to demonstrate, given that there exist many pharmaceutical compounds that have not yet been approved but that would have useful therapeutic effects. One could also insist that the resolution means, "every compound that can be classified as a drug should be legal for consumption," which is a resolution that is very favorable to Con. One could also take a middle-of-the-road approach, which is what I believe was intended, and say that the resolution means, "the substances that are currently used as recreational drugs should be legalized, with some conditions, for human use."

I invite Pro to clarify the resolution according to the guidelines I have provided, and to begin his argument. I look forward to our debate.
boogyman105

Pro

boogyman105 forfeited this round.
LayTheologian

Con

I have no response to the absence of an argument.
boogyman105

Pro

boogyman105 forfeited this round.
LayTheologian

Con

boogyman105

Pro

boogyman105 forfeited this round.
LayTheologian

Con

Well this has been fun.