Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

should the government drug test before giving out food stamps

lhesprich
Zanomi3

They shouldnt because it cost a lot and people can cheat the test...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

The Death penalty is wrong

diamondinbound
DavidMGold

http://www.city-data.com/zips/30120.html-reaserch...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

"Using foreign products in India" is good or bad?

muthu_kumar

Brought a foreign product is not bad......

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Communism is Fascistic in Principle

Ameliamk1
Wocambs

The issue of Communism is a divisive one, with a growing number of defenders and sympathizers. One of the most common arguments from that camp is to say that Communism, despite its despotic history, is a free system if implemented "correctly". So here is my contention: by it's very tenants, Communism demands and indeed requires the implementation of either martial law or dictatorship. To accept the Con position, my opponent must support the opposite position. Important Terms: Communism: My...

Debating Period
53 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Marijuana be legalized

Aparker6166
Zmerrell

Should mariejane be legal? or is to dangerous?...

11 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Resolved: Minimum wages in the United States should be raised to ensure the welfare of its people

gatermouth200
williamfoote

The first round is to introduce yourself and your side on this argument. There shall be no evidence or arguments in the first round. I am Gatermouth, and I believe the minimum wage should be raised. I hope my opponent accepts this challenge....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is gambling really a "victimless" crime?

gettgot
Jonbonbon

I feel that gambling is an individual's choice and that it truly is a victimless crime....

5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should the US protect services from foreign competition?

tspence
MonetaryOffset

Should the US protect (certain) services from foreign competition? Which services would you say should be protected, which are succeeding and why?...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Karl Marx > Adam Smith

CountCheechula
Jack.Jameswood1

I will argue that Karl Marx was a better economist, sociologist, and a more revolutionary person than Adam Smith AKA "Father of Economics" creator of the 'invisible hand'. 1st Round Acceptance Thanks!...

9 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Capitalism.

a_mysterious_stranger
ElectricLady

What is Capitalism?An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.----I am pro/for Capitalism, my opponent will be against Capitalism. ---...

11 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago