Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should the Media show how the Super Rich are getting away with practical murder?

Rosemerta
Asashin509

We look at these scams of the benefits systems. Yet Starbucks are paying taxes to another country instead of the UK? I think this is absolutely appalling, if these companies and the Super Rich e.g. Jimmy Carr and his tax evasion. Then there would be no recession and things would be easier to buy, homes would be affordable and everyone could get a mortgage and get the home they wanted. Without this money there are cuts everywhere in the UK including Police, NHS and even local councils! We'...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Should other states in America model their economies after the state of Texas?

RepublitariansUnite
MyDinosaurHands

Texas has the most economic freedom in the United States of America, and it has been considered for more than a decade to be the best state to start a business and build up your life. No longer is the economy here dependent on the oil industry. We have large corporations, small businesses, lots of manufacturing, the best technology industry in the entire nation, and one of the best education systems. There are no state income taxes, and corporate taxation is nearly non-existent. Shouldn't Texas...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

children should not smoke

posy
JordanCJKM

If children smoke it can damage their brain and lungs.It can also hurt others around them and kill them....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Everyone should donate to charities and fundraisers

asdfghjklqwertyuiopzxcvbn
TBR

You know at your school or workplace, whether you're an adult or teen, there are always fundraisers going around? You also know how there is always that one person or group of people who never donate, who also happen to always have and excuse? I say that everyone should contribute to fundraisers because first of all, even 1 or 2 dollars can make a difference. At least you can say you donated something, right? Some people sadly say that they can't afford even the smallest donation, but if you're...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

people under the age of ten be left at home for more than an hour

posy
ButterCatX

it is DANGEROUS!!...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Communism(Con) v Capitalism(Pro)

Hanspete
maydaykiller

So as Pro I will be arguing for Capitalism vs. Communism, First Round is Acceptance only, Second and Third Round are arguments and rebuttles, and Fourth Round is Stating why you did better than your opponent. No Racial Slurs, Swearing, the whole thing. I wish good luck to my opponent! ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Andrew Jackson really be on the $20 bill, although he was a bad president?

yomamagoogle9999
fasttrack

Andrew Jackson was a bad president. Should he really be on the $20 dollar bill. I thought only good presidents should be coined or minted....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The US Penny Should be Taken out of Service

Pokemonzr
o0jeannie0o

I have not debated on this website for a long time. Glad to be back! Moving on, this is the debate of the topic: "The US Penny Should be Taken Out of Service." The first round is simply for acceptance. Rules: 1) No trolling/semantics. 2) No offensive content/swearing 3) Keep arguments within the spirit of debate/no personal attacks. In the event of a rule being broken by either side, it will result in an automatic loss. I eagerly await an opponent....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is Barack Obama shattering USA's competitiveness?

Economicsgeniusorsoithink
gannon260

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/11360315/Barack-Obama-is-shattering-the-competiveness-of-the-US-economy.html The article that brought this to my notice. My points against the article (i.e. i say barrack Obama is NOT shattering the LONG term competitiveness of the US economy. The article speak of a Capital gains tax increase, which somehow leads to a fall in companies(specifically start ups). It says that the number of start ups are falling and more of them are failing. but that is...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Minimum Wage

johnnyboy555
BrandonRoe

Minimum wage should be passed because it would help people out of poverty. Try to debate me on it....

3 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago