Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Communism is Fascistic in Principle

Ameliamk1
Wocambs

The issue of Communism is a divisive one, with a growing number of defenders and sympathizers. One of the most common arguments from that camp is to say that Communism, despite its despotic history, is a free system if implemented "correctly". So here is my contention: by it's very tenants, Communism demands and indeed requires the implementation of either martial law or dictatorship. To accept the Con position, my opponent must support the opposite position. Important Terms: Communism: My...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Marijuana be legalized

Aparker6166
Zmerrell

Should mariejane be legal? or is to dangerous?...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Globalization is good for us

dmmwanzi
Mehul555

Globalization has changed the World- it has literally impacted the way we live! This is because it has led to a dramatic growth in international trade (exports and imports). Hereby, more countries have access to products which before were unavailable. Moreover, firms now have the opportunity to expand their markets beyond one country, which exponentially increases the amount of potential customers available to them. Lastly, due to globalization the World has in a way become much smaller with p...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Resolved: Minimum wages in the United States should be raised to ensure the welfare of its people

gatermouth200
williamfoote

The first round is to introduce yourself and your side on this argument. There shall be no evidence or arguments in the first round. I am Gatermouth, and I believe the minimum wage should be raised. I hope my opponent accepts this challenge....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Is gambling really a "victimless" crime?

gettgot
Jonbonbon

I feel that gambling is an individual's choice and that it truly is a victimless crime....

5 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Should the US protect services from foreign competition?

tspence
MonetaryOffset

Should the US protect (certain) services from foreign competition? Which services would you say should be protected, which are succeeding and why?...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Karl Marx > Adam Smith

CountCheechula
Jack.Jameswood1

I will argue that Karl Marx was a better economist, sociologist, and a more revolutionary person than Adam Smith AKA "Father of Economics" creator of the 'invisible hand'. 1st Round Acceptance Thanks!...

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

America, the home of the free? Gerrymandering.

YEnglish101

According to the Google search, the definition of Gerrymandering is the manipulation of boundaries as to favor one party or class. The question is does our society really know the story behind this word or accusations and how it could affect us? It should be well known that every state is divided into certain districts, which is part of the voting process but according to the Youtube "Gerrymandering 101" video, The United States is the only country that allows politicians to get directly involve...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

should i be allowed to wear a camera for mine and others safety

jamesmatheson
Badman

should i be allowed to wear a camera that can be seen online and have someone watch online if it will: stop crime, give a better educations, stop child abduction allow people to use drugs safely and provide protection to all people My question is who will watch online to offer protection to the people...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 12 Minutes Ago

Capitalism.

a_mysterious_stranger
ElectricLady

What is Capitalism?An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.----I am pro/for Capitalism, my opponent will be against Capitalism. ---...

11 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago