Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is Shutting Down Club Penguin to Start Anew a Good Idea?

Sinque
EverythingIsMacabre

When I was younger, I played a lot Club Penguin. Recently, I heard they are shutting down the game after 11 years to start 'Clup Penguin World', a 3D version of the game. I was of course a bit sad, but mostly curious how the game would do, business wise.My argument is that Club Penguin World will be a failure, and Disney should have kept Club Penguin and done something to it, e.g. an update.-Round 1 is accepting the challenge. After that, anything goes.-B...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Should the Minimum Wage be abolished in the United States?

KingHades1722
Andrew-Cheng

Prerequisites: Be somewhat polite. This does not mean that you have to tip-toe around disproving my points, if you find yourself in a position to disprove them; merely, do not resort to insults and general degradation. As to my position, I am a firm believer that an abolishment of a minimum wage would be beneficial for the economy of the United States....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Is capitalism the best economic system?

Trump27
Capitalistslave

Capitalism is what makes America the greatest country in the world. It is one of the reasons we are made almost entirely of immigrants, because people, whether fleeing communism, socialism, or other weak economies, want to come to the U.S. because they know we have jobs. We have a solid, open, and opportunistic economy. The American Dream! Capitalism drives us to make money, to make corporations that provide jobs, and to create the goods and services which gives Western society its high quality...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 28 Minutes Ago

We should adopt Gold Standard

tahirimanov
tejretics

Definitions :1. The gold standard is a monetary system where a country's currency or paper money has a value directly linked to gold. With the gold standard, countries agreed to convert paper money into a fixed amount of gold. A countr...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Cooperative individualism(pro) versus your choice of economics(con)

Capitalistslave
Plexon_Warrior

Rules of debate:1) No ad hominem, insults, or personal attacks2) The total number of rounds minus one should be used for debate, since I am not using round 1 for debate. 3) The first round that is used for debate should just be your main arguments: no rebuttals to your opponent's first round of argument.4) The last round used for debate should only be rebuttals or conclusion, no new arguments allowed in this round. New facts can be brought up, but on...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 20 Minutes Ago

America is a Communist Country

TheMarketLibertarian
Capitalistslave

The resolution is that the United States is a Communist Country: communist wil be defined as the propositions and theories espoused by Karl Marx....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Capitalism

Rearden
lolking78

You've made the following comment a few hours ago about capitalism:"it can be a good idea if you have a bad country and everyone is poor. but if u are living in a wealthy country it will be unfair on the people who are working hard but are getting the same amount of stuff as a dust bin cleaner "In this, you've affirmed that capitalism is a great system for bringing a third world country out of poverty. But if you can see that this system is so great at creating pr...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

india and pakistan partition

yashwant
Sonofcharl

topic against partition of india and pakistan http//wikipedia.com...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Anarcho-capitalism is theoretically impossible to have for large societies

Capitalistslave
Gregg_Hyde

I am arguing in favor of the resolution, so I will argue it is impossible to have an anarcho-capitalist society in large societies.Rules of debate:1) Be civil, no insults, ad hominem, or personal attacks2) The total number of rounds minus 1 should be used for argument since I am not using round 1 for argument. I would suggest that con use the first round just for acceptance, but they could still use it for argument if they want, but in...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should the rich help the middle class and poor???

cweagle7712
ConservativeGiraffe

I have 2 main arguments in support of this issue. 1) i believe the rich must share in the profits they produce, and not hoard it all to themselves. It does not make sense for them to keep every single dime they make. They are the reason we have so much corruption in this country, and they are the reason the economy has been virtually stagnant. 2) class division is completely unethical. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that there are LITERALLY people who seek out the poor, and m...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago