Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should all types of money be gotten rid of throughout the whole world

Ginny
jaime.izaguirre

I think that money should be put a stop to. We should all live peacefully together, and work for each other. Repay the good deeds with good deeds....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

cookies are the best

footballmaniac34
CJJ80

they are yummy!...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Raising the Minimum Wage

pjh816
AVPC

Though at face value the raising of the minimum wage may seem like it is a good idea, the future economic repercussions are vastly more costly. Think of the people that the raise of the minimum wage will hurt. The small business employer has to pay more in an already tough market with lots of expenses. He or she now has some options on how he wants to deal with workers needing to be payed more. He could either pay them and cut other costs like product value, resulting in loss of sales, which the...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Should we be more worried about the economy than the environment

Blaine66
SCOTSKNIGHT12

The reason i say we should be more worried about the environment is there are at least 8.7 million species on this earth only 1 of which is affected by the economy. All of them are affected by the quality of the environment, including humans. Of we screw up the environment too bad we will only ensure our extinction...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

communism doesnt work

Sphynx111222
benko12345678

Let me start by saying that i know a lot about communism.I read a lot of books and watched a lot of movies about it.I want to say that communism doesnt work because when you put something into everyone's property, they abuse it and they will get too big pays even though they dont deserve it! Im extremely smart and good at debating and i cant wait to hear my enemy....

Voting Period
18 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Money is the root of all evil

pages123
9spaceking

Money is the root of all evil...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

I had a tuna fish sandwich for lunch

iamjeyuf
CentristX

david is a seagull?...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Do you think the government should provide free medical care for everyone?

descield
Vesero

[I choose SPAIN as reference] The fact that the government doesn't provide enough medical care (public) for everyone it's because a lot of people doesn't pay taxes, such as illegal immigrants. They work and they don't collaborate anything with the government, so... Do they still deserve to have free supplies taking into account that they act as a free riders? In other words, they take advantage of the service of medical supplies from the government without paying taxes....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Negative Income Tax

W1ll1ph0n3
Oliark

I would like to debate the idea of a negative income tax. The idea is simple: The Gov sets a poverty threshold of X$, anyone earning below X$ would get the difference paid by the Gov. I recently made a poll about this topic and was surprised by how many people were against it. I also noticed that most people made claims that are simply not true. Therefore, I'm asking anyone interested, to debate this topic with me. Here are the rules: -First round is acceptance -If possible, all clai...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Nothing says american more than guns

Glitch_brown
9spaceking

guns are the best thing ever and without them we would never have are independents we would just be another one of Britain's colonies....

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago