Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The economics system is not biased against poor people.

397492387
philosophicalnutcase

According to the Brookings Institute the three things poor teens need to succeed in life are number one get job number two get through high school and finally don't marry too early. Once people follow these simple rules they have only a 2% chance of being poor and a 25% chance of not making over 55,000 dollars. Sources: https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/three-simple-rules-poor-teens-should-follow-to-join-the-middle-class/ Happy debating! (P.S No ad hominems)...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Flat Tax is bad

Blahwheel
ElPinguinoPapista

I don't believe people living in an apartment should be taxed more than people living in a house. Convince me otherwise....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

employers should adopt a four-day working week

kkhadija
ArguingPerson123

I believe that we should not adopt a four-day working week because having a shorter workweek can ruin the competitiveness and it produced billions in additional costs. stress levels will rise when working those long hours and people will become mentally drained...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Universal Basic Income

bsh1
MurdocNiccals

IntroMurdoc kindly responded to my public plea for a debate, and I am grateful to him for making this round possible. This topic is also of great personal interest to me, and so I am happy that this was one of the two Murdoc identified as ones he was willing to debate. In order to ensure quality judging, I have set a voting ELO threshold at 3,000. Comments are required and the select winner system is in force. The voting period lasts 14 days. <...

Debating Period
25 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Anatidaephobia

Anatidaephobia
MrDebateKing

Anatidaephobia (the fear of somewhere, somehow a duck watching you) The ducks are watching...+48 I mean that's pretty stupid. But when you think about it... It's kind of really scary to have that in your mind all the time. :I+29 The fact I can get it right away with a lot more to come back and I don't think that it was not immediately available to comment on the way I am so excited to be able and willing and able to do it again I have a great way of saying it is not an issue of whether it...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Capitalism is bad!

TheJuniorVarsityNovice
eagleman21

yes, interested? I would prefer if you would have your argument fully written or at least fully planned before accepting the debate. I did leave the debate open so you can technically do whatever you wish but that's what I would prefer. rules1.) My opponent must argue capitalism is good or neutral in terms of over-all effects. I will argue that it...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Disabled People Should Pay More Taxes

icebeartheawesome
asta

I believe that physically and mentally disabled people need to pay more taxes to atone for their disability. Disabilities are punishment from God for one's sins. Those sins could include, but are not limited to, rape, murder, theft, and bullying. Sometimes, the sinner/criminal's kids receive a disability. That is why disabled people need to pay $100,000 USD, or the equivalent of their currency, every year they live. Also, disabled people use stuff like wheelchairs and crutches, which reall...

9 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Is the minimum wage helpful to workers and the broader economy?

Jhhillman
conservative.justice

The minimum wage is necessary to protect workers. It's simple. A full-time job should be an escape from poverty. Additionally, minimum wages improve overall economic health, because people have more purchasing power, which is good for businesses as well. Prove me wrong....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Foreign aid is a luxury we can"t afford.

pall
0022debate

Foreign aid is a luxury we can"t afford....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should Seattle Introduce the "Progressive Tax on Businesses?"

Emperor_Edward
ABC123TT

First round is acceptance round...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago