Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Slavery

themightyindividual
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Debate perimeters: This debate is on the subject of slavery, the act of physically keeping a person in a labor environment he/she does not want to be in. Slavery essentially has nothing to do with wages, only whether or not a person has the decision to leave his work environment. This debate will be argued using fact and reason, no emotional opinions or subjectively heavy thoughts are used in the debate. .........................................................................................

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Dogs>Cats

TheFakerOfDebate
dankmemes42o

Suhp...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

My opponent should go Fvck himself.

Wylted
CommunistDog

My opponent should go fvck him or herself.(The V is meant as a U)Rounds are 12 hours long, go fvck yourself. 500 characters, now again go fornicate yourself, jerk....

Voting Period
23 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Starbucks and other big companies are lying about helping farmers with the CAFE program

le0

Starbucks says that they are helping people in places like Norman Columbia while most farmers there don't even know what Starbucks is!...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

The Federal Reserve should be abolished

RoyalFlush100
Chang29

I made this impossible to accept, if you're interested make it known in the comments. Pro introduces his/her arguments in the first round and waives the final round. Up to 72 hours to respond and up to 10,000 characters....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

is gay marige realy ok?

suppakappa
nonon0

religion may say its not but is it?...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Gold Standard

Schuman8rr
vuwij

The first round will be for acceptance only. Please take note of the rules as breaking them will cause you to lose points at the end of the debate. 1. No new arguments in the last round 2. Cite every source 3. No trolling 4. No logical fallacies In this debate my position is that all currency should be supported by gold. I hope to have a formal debate with my opponent. If you do not feel you can give adequate arguments relating to the topic please do not accept. Leave questions in the c...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Social Darwinism

themightyindividual
iqpiblog

Debate perimeters: This debate is on the subject of social Darwinism, the economic idea and philosophy that people act individually and compete within the market for resources and in doing so create wealth. Those who create the most wealth have done so by their own free will and those who have created the least have also done so by their own free will. This debate will be argued using fact and reason, no emotional opinions or subjectively heavy thoughts are used in the debate. To my o...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

The UK should dispose of all its nuclear bombs.

biggest_pro_going
RonnyJ

This will be a short debate because i have debated in the past and some of the responses i received were not pleasant. I will be arguing that the UK should dispose of ALL its nuclear bombs by 2016. here are my reasons 1- Nukes cost lots of money to maintain and the old Brits don't have to much of that. Selling them would be great for the economy 2- Its NOT the cold war anymore. The soviet union is no longer here, and the only possible nuclear threats (even this is debatable) today are...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Resolved: The United States Should Implement a Progressive Consumption Tax

16kadams
ShabShoral

Select winner. Minimum voting Elo of 2k. As this is bsh's tournament, it seems appropriate to use his rules: == Rules == 1. No forfeits

Debating Period
57 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago