Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Defined contribution pensions are better than defined benefit pensions.

jakscrow

The Khan Academy has two videos, pension obligations and Illinois pension obligations that I ask the opponent to watch prior to taking the debate. They're free to watch as a guest. https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/history/American%20civics/american-civics/v/pension-obligations...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Gay marrige

Maciebaker
Zarroette

Hello, to whoever may read this. I do not mean to offend you but these are my beliefs and I do feel strongly about them. So, be prepared lol. I have always felt gay marrige should be legalized. Quite frankly until this week when it finally was, I never thought it would happen. I'm not a member of the LGBT community, but I'm 100% for it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a total shock to me when people want to use bible verses and Jesus Christ as reasons gays shouldn't marry. I understand completely....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Government provided health-care sucks

ryanziegler
Sharku

I believe health care provided by the government is bad. I am willing to have a friendly debate with anyone who disagrees with me....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Sound Money is better than Fiat Money for the average citizen.

tlockr
jvlbasic

A sound currency is the foundation of a truly strong economy. By sound I mean to say the currency is dependable, consistent, only imperceptible changes in value over long periods of time, and cannot be easily counterfeited. Typically this is achieved by connecting its value to some rare commodity. Fiat money is typically paper currency that is not redeemable for any sort of commodity. Because it is inconvertible, the preceived value is ever changing in a way that can be very tragic for averag...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The US economy is in good shape

Teaparty1
PoliticalGenius

I will be arguing that our economy is doing poorly and is heading down a bad path. My opponent will be arguing that our economy is doing fine/well and we are on a stable track....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Is the EU on the verge of collaspe

Nightengale101
Capitalism101

If Greece leaves the EU is it possible that a "Domino Effect" could start to unravel the fabric of all EU Countries?...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Socialism is better than Capitilism

KingEnder101
stargate

I will be arguing that socialism is a better form of economy than Capitilism. Here are my terms: 1st. Round: Acceptance of Terms 2nd Round: Opening arguements 3rd Round: Counter Arguements 4th Round: Conclusive arguements/Rebuttals My opponent cannot use any Communist/Communistic economy's in their debate since communism isn't Socialism. If you have any objections, state them in the comments, and we can work out fair terms...

Voting Period
14 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Socialism

LaylaCommunoso
64bithuman

In a socialist economy no parents have to worry about rather or not they can feed there children as well as medical bills. The economy also is better for our children and the generations to come since all are equal and are not subject to a level of class. Also the economic system calls for a 5 year plan this is a great way to structure the growth and focuses of the economy....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

The Concept of Money Does More Harm than Good.

TheLegitObesePanda
Cotton_Candy

The concept of money has been around since the dawn of time. However, as many people know, money is often the cause of greed and corruption. I find that the world would be a much better place without money. I've put a lot of thought into this, and I have to admit, I have a feeling that having such a complex topic for my first debate will come back and bite me in the neck. Leave a comment or message me if you'd like to take up this challenge. Bear in mind, despite my "rookie" status on this...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Southeastern China should put more resources into developing heavy industries than light.

Diqiucun_Cunmin
THEBOMB

THEBOMB approached me about doing China debates, and we both agreed that this would be a worthwhile venture. We hope this will be an interesting and fruitful debate.ResolutionThe full resolution is as follows: 'Resolved: Southeastern China should devote more resources into developing heavy industries than into light industries.'

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago