Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Homework Should Not Be Required

Danielle
famousdebater

Many thanks to my opponent for accepting this challenge. I'll be arguing that on balance, teachers should not assign homework. My opponent can use Round 1 for acceptance and I'll begin my contentions in R2. Thanks!...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

The Common Core should be Abolished

Crimson_Lion
Cobalt

Before we begin the debate, let's set some rules/standards Debate Period: 1st round: Simply greetings and acceptance (i.e. Opponent agrees to the debate and terms of the debate. Opponent may add on to the terms, and the Host (i.e. me) may accept them or reject them.). 2nd round: Main arguments only. 3rd-5th round: Arguments/Rebuttals/Counters/Additional Points. Rules: - No trolling. - No insults - A forfeit is an automatic loss. -Cite sources. (You can chose not to cite sources, but...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Do school rely too much on technology??

Tullyman01
David_Debates

I personally think that schools don't rely too much on technology....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

#BringBackHeelys

Corm_onthe_Cob
ReeThoughts

This debate will be about whether or not Heelys should once again become a part of society. The first round is acceptance, the next three are bloodbath. I will be debating that we SHOULD bring back Heelys....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

English spoken by today's youth

laraosorio
Danielle

Last week, on my way home from an old friend"s house, I expected to sit in peace in the bus and relax through the forty minutes ride home. Unfortunately, my quiet time was suddenly interrupted when three adolescents entered the bus and started speaking in an almost unrecognizable way to each other. I could not help but wonder how English became such a strange language to me. English, the language I have used to communicate with thousands and thousands of people throughout my life, the language I...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Schools Have Longer School Hours?

Joey888
124275

Most schools start at eight in the morning and end at half past two in the afternoon. Some people believe that school hours should be extended, but I don't think so. School hours should remain just the way they are. This is because long hours of school will lead to stress and cause students' academic performance to drop. We do not want this...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

was osama hussain obama a good man?!?111

will9925452
SoulTechNameIII

He was the 1st president of iraq. he was a good man now he is dead. He united iraqamerica, by doing 9/11. any arguments against my statement is a logical fallacy....

4 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Homework given to students' by teachers is a waste of time.

ZeldaMafia
Ockham

Self explanatory topic. No specific rules for arguments, except that the last round has to be a conclusion round (no new points). The first round is acceptance round. Best of luck!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Liberal arts are more important than STEM.

jscher
officialkwade

R1: Acceptance R2: Main arguments R3: Counter argument R4: Rebuttals and closing statements STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math Liberal Arts: Social Sciences, Humanities, Performing Arts...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should zoos be banned or abolished?

Dark_Soul943
jscher

I feel that zoos should not be abolished, and therefore, I am taking the con side of the argument.1. Zoos save animals from extinction, and they reproduce the endangered animals so that they can release them into the wild later. Zoos also provide a safe environment for many endangered animals. In the wild many of these animals would die because of illnesses, hunting, and starvation. Without zoos caring and breeding the endangered species of the black rhino, they would have been...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago