Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Students Should be Allowed to Use Their Cell Phones at School

Intrepid
MasterDebated

First round is for acceptance. All definitions will be used in context of the resolution. Standard conduct applies, including no trolling. "School" in context of the debate resolution means K-12th grade in standard education.

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 32 Minutes Ago

Does the US Education System Need Reform?

Seido
ManofFewWords

As the title suggests, this debate is about whether or not the education system of the United States of America needs to be reformed. I will be taking the pro stance on this issue, meaning that I believe the US education system needs to be changed. The person who accepts this debate will be arguing that the US education system is fine as it is. In this argument, proof and sources would be nice, but considering that this is a debate regarding the theories of possible education systems, they won't...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 57 Minutes Ago

Classroom Education is Inferior To Personalized Education (like KhanAcademy)

BradK
Darthsquidge

By classroom education, I am referring to the k-12 school system where people are grouped into a class of a few dozen, and a single teacher instructs the class with a few hour long sessions per week. By personalized education, I'm referring to something like KhanAcademy, where the student is allowed to progress at whatever pace they wish, and can jump ahead or spend more time with topics. In both cases, a syllabus should be presented to the student, and there should be testing. Students w...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Should Military Services be Mandatory?

HazeyQ
Jevinigh

Doing it for research project, is it? I Say it's not (I was forced into this topic)....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

A College Degree Is No Longer Enough

bddowner
Carthage

I would like to debate on whether or not having a college degree is enough to get a job in today's society. Please do not accept the debate if you do not mean to actually debate. Thank you....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Should they encourage kids in school that everyone is a winner?

I-am-L
Diqiucun_Cunmin

Should adults encourage their kids that everyone is a winner? Learning to fail is something that all children to know, so later on they can learn from their mistakes. They shouldn't be rewarded with participation if they did something wrong. I am against the "everyone is a winner" aspect. What about you? Let the debate begin!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Should students take exams to pass test

rwhitcher
Carthage

I think students should take exams to pass a grade...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Should examinations be removed?

leoprince
Bailey1213

Round 1: Stand Round 2: Reasons Round 3: Rebuttal and Conclusion Stand: Examinations should be removed....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Students Should be Allowedto Use Their Cell phones At School

Intrepid
wtfisthatkid

First round is for acceptance. All definitions will be used in context of the resolution. Standard conduct applies, including no trolling....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

student should leave school at 9th grade and work

chilli0919
Mr.sarcastic

student should leave school at 9th grade and work. this is very useful because most students dont like to study, which is a waste of time, this will help them learn how to use their time and also help them make money instead of asking for money from parents. thank you....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago