Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should religion be allowed in school

Chanbing62
somerandomguy98

Just to start: We should bring religion back into school...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Are single-sex schools better for childeren?

YummyBurgers
Mark_Brand123

I will start this debate by defining the motion. By single-sex schools, I mean schools with only girls or only boys in one school. As I am done defining to motion, I will begin my arguments. 1. Distraction Children of he opposite sex can be a distraction. Especially for middle and high school students, there could be students who date each other, and this could be a big distraction for students who need to study. As you know, middle and high school is the time to study to o to a better high...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Should schools wear uniforms?

flin2408
HAwoman

Students should wear uniforms so it would cost less money. Parents don't have to use money for the clothes you want....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Examinations should be banned

Darren.K
TheDebateGuru1738

Exams definitely should not be banned. " The affirmative side said that exams are only a snapshot in time, and that if people remember an answer after a test, then that could stop them from getting the results they desired. Clearly, this is incorrect because if they cannot remember an answer during the exam, then they did not study it enough for it to be permanently existent in their minds, and maybe they do not deserve the results they desired. " The affirmative team also said that exams bring...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is single-sex schools better for students?

YummyBurgers
ewfewfewdf

Hello, I will start this debate by defining the motion. By single-sex schools, I mean schools with only girls or only boys in one school. As I am done defining to motion, I will begin my arguments. 1. Distraction Children of he opposite sex can be a distraction. Especially for middle and high school students, there could be students who date each other, and this could be a big distraction for students who need to study. As you know, middle and high school is the time to study to o to a bett...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Resolved: the United States should end Plan Colombia

CarterDomagalski
Carterdomagalski2

The United States can't end Plan Colombia for the following reasons: We can't afford to end the Plan because it creates peace and lowers crime rate and if the U.S were to end the plan their could be a war and the crime rate would increase....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Should teenagers be allowed to have smart phones?

YummyBurgers
JSMG

Hello, ladies and gentlemen, I, as the opposition team, am strongly oppose the motion being debated, 'Should teenagers be allowed to have smart phones?' and have 3 arguments that opposes the motion. The first one is Addiction, the second one is Inappropriate content, and the third one is Distraction. Before I get into my arguments, I would like to define the motion. I would like to define teenagers as children from the age of 12 to 17, and smart phones as a mobile phone with an advanced mobile o...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Home or Schol

The-Debater100
YummyBurgers

Is educating at home right? I say the right to decide on the education of your children/grandchildren is important. Contention 1: Price Sure, if you have evidence to back up your claim that homeschooling children perform better, I agree. However, what happens in high school? Do the parents continue to teach, and if the child's intended major is not his parents, what will his parents do? In elementary school and maybe middle school, homeschooling is fairly easy as most people know how to teach...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The old novelists are greater than the new novelists

ALTeRNaTor
TheNightmareCharade

The ideas and how the old novelists describe and imagine are way more better. Unexpected plots, suspense stories and incredible ending show that the old novelists are ingenious in writing. Just look at the Harry Potter's book and William Shakespeare's book....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Was truman's decision to drop the atomic bomb on hiroshima and nagasaki right

csnyder1084
Ncunningham4538

i think that truman's decision to drop the atomic bomb was a good decision because this put us on the top of the world when it came to military power. It is also a good decision because it stopped the war in its tracks. Then this caused us to create a treaty taking away japan's military making them the current leading economic power in the world....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago