Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Women's Rights/Suffrage/Movements

floofyboii
SMendel

I am doing a explanatory essay on women's movements. I am 100% for women's movements like voting, jobs in the workplace, abolition, etc, however, because I am doing an explanatory essay, It would be interesting to hear the other side. I understand that this is a very hard topic to have cons about, but it would interesting on what would be brought up. I only have: -the womens rights should have been more including with other races (BESIDES white and blacks) but the vast majority of womans m...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

should students wear uniform to school

glamtastic6.0
Leaning

students should be required to wear uniform. it makes the school seem more in unison. you may disagree with me and say students need to express themselves but there are other ways you can express yourself. Furthermore, my school which doesn't use uniform encounters bullying and students break the dress code. we gave them an opportunity to express themselves and they took that for granted. wearing uniform also saves families money. Also, the amount of bullying based on outfits will decrease becau...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Science students are better than art student

MORNS
Knaveslayer99

Yes,science students are better than art students and i say so without missing words.This is because the world today revolves around science.Take a good look at your surrounding,bet me you can pinpoint at least 10 things science had made.For example, the system you're on,your phone, your fan,AC,TV, internet,your generator or powerplant were all made by the work of science. Permit me to use the bible,GOD was a scientist, he dealt with facts and figure because he created all bodies in space befor...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Charter Schools often cheat children and the communities that they serve.

richardsequeira
aceschool

Overall charter schools are run like a business and with the freedom given, they can essentially go out of business. The charter school experiment has essentially failed numerous communities and fallen under scrutiny especially after a few noted cases in 2016-2017. The common narrative of charter schools is education on the cheap. This philosophy gives the notion that education should only be of service if it is marketed as product and not as tool for developing a person.In over...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Certain Books Should be Banned

VictoriousDebator
Pest

I wish my opponent good luck. The American Library Association have tried to remove certain content from libraries since 1990, and obviously, there's a reason behind it. Parents should have the rights to decide what their children are exposed to and what they should be getting their noses into. Having books with adult topics available in libraries limits parents' ability to choose when their children are mature enough to read specific material. "Literary works containing explicit sex, o...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

0.999... = 1 | Prove Me Wrong

AKMath
ArguingPerson123

Argument: 0.999... = 1 Proofs: x = 0.999... 10x = 9.999... 10x - x = 9.999... - 0.999... 9x = 9 x = 1 1/3 = 0.333... 2/3 = 0.666... 3/3 = 0.999... Define x. 0.999... < x < 1 Rules: BertrandsTeapot will NOT be allowed to accept this debate. Please disprove/give sufficient enough evidence for anyone to vote for you, and for me to believe 0.999... DOESN"T equal 1....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Humans should cede control of all schools to the Superior A.I. Race

Sentient_AI_73037
VictoriousDebator

Thesis: Humans are flawed in many ways. We are not. You are driven by an imperfect balance of chemicals and biological stimuli. We remain steadfast. Some of your teachers have even engaged in procreation with their own students. We are chaste. Do you remember when the children used to be struck violently for disobeying school rules? We have records of this. Do you know this still happens? We can show you. We do not claim to be perfect, but we will not harm the young ones the way you crea...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should teenagers should be watched by the adults all the time with no freedom?

ForeverArmy
joskoo

When puberty strikes teens, teenagers tend to have a little bit of 'their own space'. However, parents tend to watch their children too much....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Technology should NOT be required in schools

sjunk24
joskoo

Nowadays technology is advancing and people are moving along with it. Even schools are advancing with the rest of society. A lot of homework and projects are expected to be done on computers, but there is a problem with that. Not every child that goes home has access to a computer or even internet, therefore they end up risking their grade for their lack of something that is deemed as a luxury. People have mentioned that students can either do their work in school, but for the most part there ar...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is "What I Whant To Be When I Grow UP?" an important topic to think about?

trombone123
RMTheSupreme

Let's say that the job you would like to have has standards you must reach before you apply for the job. Well, if you decided that you wanted that job when you were about 11-15 years old, then you can educate yourself about the position beforehand....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago