Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is staying at college after classes and during long gaps a good thing for a student that commutes.

lcdrajhale

Staying at college after classes and during long gaps is good for commuter students. They can do things that they need to do like homework and exercise so they can get these out of the way when they get home. Another good thing is that they can make friends with other students at the school....

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Should High School Students have partime jobs?

ksugar1
ConservativeLiberal101

I am a high school student. I need a part time job to get extra money to pay for university/college, and other things such as trips, student class fees, and other things that I need. I will also move out when I am older, so this will give me responsibility which will make me more independent,. What do you think??...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

Education system needs reform.

TomWarner
cipeylsrs

Let me preface this with the elementary grades are good and should stay as they are now, but Middle school and high school need to be reformed. The main reason the school system needs to be reformed is because students aren't learning. Not learning means most of the information that students are supposed to learn isn't being remembered after they aren't learning it any more. This is a problem because when students apply to college they may have good grades, but they don't know most of t...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Do grades measure intelligence ?

Bestivitiness
Mopi

What are your opinions?...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Evolution should be taught in all schools, contrary to creation.

SnowyOxygen
LubricantSanta

I will be arguing the point that evolution and related scientific theories and/or facts (age of the earth and universe for example) should be taught in schools, contrary to creation which should be excluded completely. Round 1 - Rules and acceptance (Do not post an argument in this round) Round 2 - Opening argument Round 3 - Rebuttals / arguments Round 4 - Rebuttals / arguments Round 5 - Conclusion and/or rebuttals....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Biologival evolution is observable

Sommerville
radz

Definition of Biological Evolution "changes in gene frequencies in populations." Evolution is observed every day and even us humans are a part of evolution....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abeka is biased.

harrymate

First round is to accept; there are two other rounds for debating. Abeka Book is a publishing company. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Beka_Book...

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Biological Evolution is a scientific theory

Sommerville
callmenerdy

Scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation....

0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Is College Worth It For Everyone (USA)?

Snuphalem
shubhamsj

The question at hand is "Is college worth it for everyone (USA)?". Pay key attention to the word "everyone". It plays the most important role in the question and if absent would completely change the meaning of the question. I added the "USA" in parenthesis because college is much different in the US compared to other countries. Many other countries have different requirements and much cheaper costs for college. College is not for everyone. To understand the purpose and meaning of col...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Sex Education Should be Mandatory in Schools

rh198191
jallen1998

Sex education should be mandatory in school. Students reported low levels of confidence to discuss sexuality or contraception with parents. There have been rising cases of teen pregnancies and it is important for teens to be aware of the costs and risks of carelessness. According to CDC,gov, "In 2012, a total of 305,388 babies were born to women aged 15"19 years [old]"" Due to the lack of sexual education, 65% of LGBTQ students have reported being harassed about sexual marks and even their sexua...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago