Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

School prepares us for the future

Volg

Hello my friend, First of all, I am secondary school student. I will defend "School doesn't prepare us for the future" Because of I got bad experience and I tell you. In my school, I chose language class but it wasn't opened and they throwed me maths-science class. It wasn't even my choice. I tried to go another school which has language class. But There is no school has language class. And I have been studying maths-science. After all, I can't be what i want. With such a system, How they can p...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Cyber School v. Public School

kkkKatieekkk
RXR

Let me start with this. Cyber schooling is not for every family. It requires a unique commitment from the parent to act as the learning coach with you home student. While the teacher will teach the lesson the learning coach will act as an extension of the teacher to assist the student. It can be a large time commitment from a parent to fill this role. But it does have it's rewards....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Are Year Round Schools Good or Bad

mikilove
ThatLezChick

Which One Should I choose?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

should scientists research string theory

nstav
RXR

it should be taught even though it is dead...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Should there really be school uniforms?

mikilove
standoutbeth

I have heard that school uniforms have pros and cons,Which one should I choose? ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should students wear uniforms or not

speeches45
Pride02

I personally don't think that students should have to wear uniforms. I think that because the students can't express themselves have their own individuality that every person has. One reason why there are uniforms is because of bullying, but bullying happens whether your in a uniform or not. Another reason is some people can't buy the most expensive clothes other people may have. But uniforms can be very expensive and when that problem is solved there is another contest that starts the who fills...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Free Tuition at Community/Technical Colleges

debatability
WillYouMarryMe

Finally finally we are debating after considering doing a debate for over half a year XD The full resolution is: In the United States, students should be guaranteed two years of free tuition to a technical or community college. RULES 1. the resolution debated will be the full resolution noted above 2. there will be no new arguments made in the final round VOTING You must have upwards of a 2000 elo to vote. STRUCTURE r1: acceptance r2: cases r3: rebuttals r4: rebuttals/conclusi...

Debating Period
26 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Gender Segregated Classes Should be Enforced.

niltiac

This first round is just to explain the debate, and search for somebody to accept it. I do NOT support gender segregated classrooms. I am looking for an opponent willing to argue that gender segregated classrooms are good. Thank you, please do not argue until round 2. I look forward to this debate!...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Evolution should not be taught at school

A.Starr
Futurepresident2048

Evolution is just another theory and takes up class time. There is no physical evidence that backs up this theory other than atheists scientists who state that this had occurred some billion years ago. Because so many science teachers believe in this false belief, they often (according to my classes) try to convince the students into believing it. Yes, most people argue that it should be taught to show the theists know the other side of the argument so they can decide, but dose that mean th...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Should rugby and other violent sports, wrestling boxing be compulsory in schools

TheRightOpinions
EAT_IT_SUKA

No of course it shouldn't, some kids are not up for this and it embarrasses them, we must also take into account physical harm could be caused. It is child abuse and a way of embarrassing kids. I know some dummies will say its about toughening people up but its unlikely it will happen in real life. Also IT IS NOT EXERCISE AT ALL BECAUSE WRESTLING ISN'T RUNNING AROUND, AND RUGBY IS PHYSICAL ABUSE. although its not that serious physical abuse but people could feel uncomfortable doing it so there a...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago