Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should Montgomery County Public Schools (MD) school year should begin after Labor Day?

KJ456
chocninjaman

Montgomery County Public School(MCPS) has a bunch of good schools for us, but I wish they could start after Labor Day. So I want you to give me good or bad things about this debate , yes or no/good or bad....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Public colleges and universities have the right to restrict campus speech.

SinsOfTheCity
QueenDaisy

I believe that the right for public institutions like colleges and universities do not have the right to restrict the speech used on Campus. College is a place to get introduced to new people and be challenged my new ideas. Feel free to debate me on this....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Community college should be the first college people attend

DeskDriver201
He_Needs_Some_Milk_69

I argue that more people would benefit from going to community college first rather than going straight to a four year university.Definitions:Community College will be any college that is state/government funded and is a 2 year institution.By benefit, I mean that it would cost less money for students over the time it takes to get...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Being fluent in english is an asset for a better job

kimshinbu
DawsonBruno

Is it true that we need to be fluent in english in order to get a better job?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is Creation real?

BigBadBoyBen
Political.Questioneer

I am a man who is all for Creation. I donate to Genesis Science Ministries, and dislike Darwin. I believe that Genesis is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Let me put it this way: The BIG BANG theory states that in approximately 3 minutes, the majority of the universe. However, in Genesis 1:1-5 say that the light turned on. And according to science, light travels at 186,000 miles per second(300,000 kilometers per second), so the light was active in 1 trillionth of a trilli...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Schools should be required to teach a trade skill class.

Sdewalden
JMartinez21

The focus in primary education has shifted in recent decades. With common core policies across the nation, primary schools main focus has turned towards "making the grades" needed to be accepted into a university system to continue education with an importance focused on continuing for a bachelors degree. According to collegedata.com college board, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2016"2017 school year was $33,480 at private colleges, $9,650 for state residents at public colleges, an...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Should children with autism be taught in mainstream schools?

GoodySam
MasterDebater5

I believe it depends on what end of the autistic spectrum the child falls into. However I would like to here others opinions on the topic....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

"Art projects" in English classrooms do not help students and weaken their writing skills.

Electric
dipper

Art projects in English classrooms at the high school level do not help students learn how to write well. Students can barely put together a sentence in college, and the first few weeks of many college classes are wasted re-learning basic grammar and writing techniques because frustrated professors want students to write at a college level when many of them cannot. I personally find these "Art Projects" frustrating because they hurt my grades in high school. We were graded on our ability to d...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Evolution is tried and true and should be taught in the modern school system

TheMinorMiner99
FollowerofChrist1955

Hi. I am an evolutionist and an atheist, and enjoy talking to people who disagree with me. The way in which we avoid the topic of creation science in school is ridiculous, and needs to be rebuilt, taught using a modern scientific method, which evolution by natural selection provides for us. As multiple lines of evidence shows, the evolution model of life can be tested and has been proven. There is a mosquito in Hawaii who lays its eggs in between the ridges of crickets wings, and when they h...

Debating Period
94 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

"What If" questions need to burn and to never be used.

KingofTheSkullServants
PsychocisTheory

"What if" questions give no real reason to be in anything in this world, especially in arguments. "What if' questions only put whatever someone is doing to a grinding halt. They do nothing in an argument and they do nothing in a conversation....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago