Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Math is more important than English Language Arts

Pence27
threadandneedle

I will start off with stating the obvious. Math is essential to any REAL job in the world. I understand basic grammar such as: "I is gooder then you is" to "I am better than you are." If you want to be successful in life and have a family, you must have a decent job to support your family. Math is important to most REAL degrees excluding teaching to get a job in the world....

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 31 Minutes Ago

Summer break shouldn't exist

Xenoth
DNehlsen

You probably know the routine. I will be arguing that summer shouldn't exist and con will be arguing that it should. Also use the check your spelling button before submitting your argument. Rules: [1] No trolling [2] Be civil [3] Try not to use logical fallacies [4] If you need extra time or want to continue this debate, message me. [5] You have to answer in 72 hours in order to prevent bugs. [6] You have a max of 10,000 characters. If you need more, put your argument on a Google docum...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Should History in school be dropped or compressed

DboPoint
TrumpFan

In school, there is tremendous time spend by teaching kids the history. All the names, dates, etc. outside of just knowing the basics and having access to Google, should we teach History in school? Should we instead compress history curriculum by 90%? With World getting smaller, and with so many valuable insights we can learn from our past, History is really important. Kids need to understand history as they will be future leaders of our country....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should A Second Week Of Half Term Break Be Granted To Children After The Poor Weather In The UK?

MattWilliams100

The weather has been rubbish! Children should enjoy the breaks....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Public schools Should ablish The current numirucal grading system

figs
jonathonave

Public Schools should abolish the grade system because it can cause lots of stress and cause low self esteem. also the amount of homework some kids can get all at one time is insane and all it take is the homework to be wrong and to lower their grades dramatically. In a study the more homework that a child has can lead to a higher chance of stress, depression, and lower grades http://tinyurl.com/homeworkgrades Also low grades are not just stressful for kids it is also stressful for parents too...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Does our English schooling system allow individuals to thrive?

Jake26
Mikalisgay

Quick debate - as an English student I am interested to hear an alternative viewpoint....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Should students be allowed to listen to MP3 players on headphones during study hall?

Bonogoblin
shadow3600

I think kids should be able to listen to music during study hall for several reasons. For example, it helps you focus, and can make you happy depending on what kind you listen to. Then, the happier you are, the better grades you get. Better grades means a better job with more money. So, what do you think?...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

for students that have the free lunch program should snacks be included

pickleoverlord
Iacov

I am a 13 year old boy and my family is a little poor, but they still find it in their hearts to put money in my account and I don't think that that is fair for them. so that is why I'm making this my first debate. please make a comment...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

extra recces should be banned

desttoyer
dsjpk5

Legal liability is another justification for cutting recess times. Children could fall while jumping rope or get hit with a baseball. Some administrators are skittish about making themselves vulnerable to any legal action. " As schools cut back on expenses because of budget cuts, paraprofessionals are often cut from the staff and supervision at recess becomes a problem. Volunteers are difficult to find for a recess duty. " Strangers can access a playground easily at some schools and sexual...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago