Entertainment Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: The movie Frozen is connected to other Disney movies.

lannan13

This is a debate on weather or not the Disney movie Frozen is connected to other Disney movies. I have made this debate impossible to accept. I you wish to accept please say so in the coments. If you find a way to accept this debate you will automatically forfeit all 7 of your points. This is also mainly a picture debate. Pictures will be key evidence in this debate. Rules Round one is acceptance. Round 2-3 is arguments. Round 4 is Conclusions only. No swearing No SemanticsViolations of th...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

You Choose The Resolution! (Or Not)

Dakota-Hiltzman
AsianGenius

= Introduction = Whoever accepts should offer three different debate topics in the first round. I will chose one of those three, and we'll debate it starting in round two. Con may offer No resolutional analysis, framework, definitions or arguments in round one. Nothing may be posted aside from Con's three resolutions and a short Greeting. It will be my right to interpret the resolutions the way I want to, and Con should not violate my right to interpret these resolutions by offering additional...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Rap Battle

Phoenix61397
9spaceking

This is a rap battle, self-explanatory. Censored cursing is allowed, but some things are over the line, such as very aggressively sexual or racist lyrics, etc. I'll let voters decide what crosses this line. There's a 48 hour debating period and a 2,000 character limit. My opponent must pass on a round, either first or last, depending on preference. Thanks in advance to whoever accepts....

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

You Choose The Resolution!

Dakota-Hiltzman
Conservative101

= Introduction = Whoever accepts should offer three different debate topics in the first round. I will chose one of those three, and we'll debate it starting in round two. Con may offer No resolutional analysis, framework, definitions or arguments in round one. Nothing may be posted aside from Con's three resolutions and a short Greeting. It will be my right to interpret the resolutions the way I want to, and Con should not violate my right to interpret these resolutions by offering addi...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

It is a preferable environment for a mermaid to be under the sea rather than a human on land

9spaceking
inaudita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA&noredirect=1PREFACEI have spend much time of my day getting Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid stuck in my head. After a long long thought, I realized that in fact, Sebastian has a lot of good points about how it would be preferable under the sea compared to on land, and...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

tv should be turned off and books should be cheaper

googlebear4
TorqueDork

i believe we need to sack the technology and read more books. you will find out why. I look forward to this debate....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The problem of Slytherin

thett3
tulle

Resolved: The portrayal of Slytherin House in the Harry Potter books, on balance, detracts from the series as a whole. For the purposes of the debate, only information contained in the original series (not Pottermore or the movies) is canon. I am affirming. The first round is for acceptance, second for constructives, and third and fourth for rebuttals. No new arguments in the last round. I look forward to the debate!...

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Eminem (pro) VS Kanye West (con) Rap battle

Daftpunkfan96
aburk903

Now listen here, Kanye Try not cry like a baby! How good is rapping? 4/10, maybe North west, what a dumb name for your child. Unlike you my raps aint mild. Try to knock me down I'm the best in town Forget that, the best in the world Cause I'm busting out that platinum and gold!...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Can Raito Yagami from Death Note outsmart and defeat Lelouch vi Britannia from Code Geass?

General-Z
near

Assuming the two are put in the same world, initially lack knowledge of each other's true power, but still have the power they had in the anime they appeared in. I believe Yagami would manage to triumph over Lelouch since Yagami has accomplished much more with fewer allies and fewer resources. Lelouch's strategies involve his armed forces or luck to save him most of the time. Con may argue that Lelouch can easily eliminate Raito from the start using Geass. However, Lelouch would be un...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Violence in video games does not significantly contribute to real world violence.

debatability
Wylted

Wylted and I will be debating this topic.DefinitionsSignificantly- in a way that is relevant or has an important effect on somethingObservationsThis debate is about the impact of violence in video games, not about the impact of video games themselves. I am looking forward to a great debate!!...

Debating Period
56 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago