Entertainment Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Star Trek is better than Star Wars

pokemaster117
kdcogle

Star Trek(by the way, I'm talking about all the TV shows except Voyager and Enterprise. Yes, even the animated series) is better than Star Wars. Yes, Star Wars is an excellent movie, but Star Trek is better. Before we begin this debate, we must realize a distinction between the two. Star Trek is purely science fiction. Star Wars has elements of science fiction, but it falls under the a sub-category of fantasy, the spa...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Lord of the Rings is better than Harry Potter

gryffindor4life
Minjo

Lord of the Rings is the better of the two in my mind however there ore people who think it is Harry. The books are close in plot lines and character But in this debate I want to determine whether the where Harry Potter varies from Lord of the Rings make it a better or worse series....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Schools should have website blocks

TheSymbiote
mdc32

First Round is acceptanceRest r debate stages ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 48 Minutes Ago

Batman defeats Spiderman

CainAbel
BoggyDag

I have seen many debates about why would Spiderman win Batman, but this time i go with my knowledge of comics and geekyness to decide this once for all, Batman would surely beat Spidey with or without preparation time....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Cyanide or happiness?

Talha7680
Jation

Which one would you take cause both of them lead the same place...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Advertising should be BANNED from TV and Radio

tinydog2473
republicofdhar

I stand against advertising from being banned from TV and radio. One of my main arguments includes jobs. The amount of jobs that will be lost from no advertising is astonishing. If there weren't any advertising for radio and TV then roughly 27,000 people will be unemployed from the advertising. As the Bureau of Labor Statistics states. Many of these jobs include directors and co-directors, set designers, actors, stunt doubles, musicians that write the jingles, and many more. To hear the rest...

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

time to put the simpsons to bed

sammybow
tonyrobinson

The Simpsons has been on our screens since 1989 and has always been very popular. However the shows style today is barely recognisable from what is was 20 years old. The Simpsons hey day for me was between 1992-1999. The quality of the programme has been dropping steadily since the turn of the millennium is now noticeable even to the occasional Simpsons viewer. Its has transformed from its original format that made it one of the greatest ever shows to a show that appears to try to hard to be...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Edward Norton was a better Hulk than Eric Bana

LatinaGirl8894

Round 1 is acceptance Round 2&3 are arguments and rebuttals Round 4 is rebuttals and conclusion...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Celebrities do NOT influence people

chloeistephens
notyourbusiness

I think that celebrities do not influence someone to e.g. participate doing a sport or listening to music. I think that a person does it because they like it as a thing rather than because a celebrity does it. I think that leisure participation is increasing because of new leisure activities being introduced- active and non active. 1/3 of the world is obese and so I think people no longer care or are influenced by celebrities....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The celebrity media culture is having an impact on the leisure industry.

chloeistephens

I think that celebrities are affecting the leisure industry. I think this because celebrities influence people and as a result this causes people to be influenced to participate in leisure activities. This includes activities such as yoga, listening to music, watching a film, football etc. When many people see celebrities doing these things especially positive celebrity role models they want to mirror it. This is based on a study conducted by Dr Drew Pinsky called the 'The Mirror Effect'. I am a...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago