volleyballer23
Megalobrainiac

euthanasia

volleyballer23

Con

We have been talking about euthanasia in our health class this year. Not everybody in my class agrees with me when I say that euthanasia isn't right. But as a Christian, I am standing my ground that euthanasia isn't right. You're basically killing a person. I need someone to debate me.
Megalobrainiac

Pro

Your Christianity allowed witch lynching, military enforcement and the brutal murder of Jesus himself on the cross, which was indirectly a euthanasia of its own sense.

So, please, enlighten me as to the atrocity that euthanasia really is.
volleyballer23

Con

well technically the bible is not supporting these facts but is showing the brutality and cold bloodedness of man which is why I say that euthanasia is not right because it is the killing of a human which In my religion is greatly frowned upon and punishment is dealt upon those who do kill another human.
Megalobrainiac

Pro

Megalobrainiac forfeited this round.
volleyballer23

Con

volleyballer23 forfeited this round.
Megalobrainiac

Pro

Megalobrainiac forfeited this round.
Posted by Outspoken 2 years ago
Outspoken
It'd be nice to see quotes where the Bible forbids the taking of one's on life. Also, take into consideration when a person is brain dead and no longer able to speak, function or open their eyes. What is it that the Christian religion asserts one should do? Allow the person to remain alive with machines?

What about vicious animals that have killed or maul human beings and there are very little resources or one is unable to rehabilitate that animal? Should we let them roam free or spend money on food and shelter for these animals while others more deserving of homes starve?
Posted by demonlord343 2 years ago
demonlord343
Depending on the situation, Euthanasia can be assisted suicide.. I.E. You have a close friend who has lung cancer and begs you to end it.. say stage 4. You follow through. Assisted suicide. That is not murder. I would look up the definition for this term and use it in the argument.