akshat
zgb1997

exam should be aolished

Started: 5/15/2013 Category: Arts

akshat

Pro

good morning
zgb1997

Con

I accept the challenge and I look forward to a good debate.

Since my opponent didn't take the time to define the term "exam", I shall take the liberty of doing so:

EXAM - a written or oral examination used on all levels of learning institutions to determine the knowledge and competence of an individual in a certain subject or field.

Now, since my opponent stands in proposition, I will now wait for him to present his opening statement.
akshat

Pro

akshat forfeited this round.
zgb1997

Con

Since my opponent has unfortunately forfeited this round, I shall now make a short opening statement to which I shall then await his rebuttal.

Exams have been, and are, a globally accepted method of determining one's qualifications and capabilities. On all levels of education, exams are a way to determine the preferences of an individual, as well as their aptitude in certain fields and areas.
Not only is it a way of aiding an individual's self-actualization, as well as making their peers aware of their preferences, but it is also a way of grading one's skill and knowledge which is necessary to establish a clear hierarchy of qualification from the very beginning.

Through use of said hierarchy, society can profile its best members and undertake the policy of "to each according to his contribution". Only in such a way can the members of a society achieve equal distribution in all strata and maximum functionality.

Furthermore, exams are also a way of self-checking the educational system, because they demonstrate the average collective knowledge of a group of people, and in so doing, lay bare the flaws of the system, which can then improve by acknowlegding its flaws and working proactively.

All this points to one conclusion - exams should not be banned.

Since my opponent, who stands in proposition of this motion, has failed to offer his exposition, I shall proceed with mine no further, but rather await his arguments and points, after making this short statement.
akshat

Pro

akshat forfeited this round.
zgb1997

Con

zgb1997 forfeited this round.
Posted by sherlock.holmes221B 3 years ago
sherlock.holmes221B
Arguments on Con's side I thought was very logical. I am sure that Pro simply did not have enough time to do this debate.