Aditya2000
fidelacchius

examination is an essential part of education system

fidelacchius

Aditya2000

Pro

examination is an essential part of education system because we get to know our understanding skills with our books and our co-ordination wwith our teachers so examination is main and we will enjoy while writing the examination because we read..... but some read at the last movement so this is what pulls them back from reading. we should enjoy reading i say that we should enjoy, understand and read our subjects and mainly do our home works properly and there are still many more points but i have mentioned some important points above....... and like this i end my arguement for 'FOR'.
fidelacchius

Con

I assume you are arguing for standardized testing. I will rebut from that angle. If i am wrong feel free to correct me.

My biggest issue with standardized testing is that it forces the teachers to teach to the test. I was the first generation to feel President Bush's No Child Left Behind Legislation. From 8th Grade to Senior year all of the Curriculum was set so that students would pass the Ohio Graduation Test.

On the face of it this doesn't sound bad. You have to know X to graduate. The problem with this is the teachers and students to pass the test have to regurgitate memorized information. The test have a hard time with critical thinking. The ability to think outside of the box and analyze is more important in real life and in undergraduate work. It made it hard for teachers to make a good learning environment. It was an environment with a constant threat hanging over everyone's head.

That is not to say that you should be able to graduate no matter what. I think the decision on where a child is should be determined his/her teacher who spends so much time with them not a bureaucratic test. Schooling is a STATE issue, the federal government has no business interfering.

"A five-year University of Maryland study completed in 2007 found "the pressure teachers were feeling to 'teach to the test'" since NCLB was leading to "declines in teaching higher-order thinking, in the amount of time spent on complex assignments, and in the actual amount of high cognitive content in the curriculum."
- http://standardizedtests.procon.org...
Aditya2000

Pro

Aditya2000 forfeited this round.
fidelacchius

Con

I will wait for my next turn.
Aditya2000

Pro

Aditya2000 forfeited this round.
fidelacchius

Con

Its lonely out here 0_o
Vote Placed by NiqashMotawadi3 2 years ago
NiqashMotawadi3
Aditya2000fidelacchiusTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.