eksdee
OvidM

existence of soul

OvidM has forfeited round #3.

eksdee

Pro

the existence of soul is proven by many ancient religions until today, many miraculous cases of people being capable of getting into spiritual states, cases when people were traveling some kind of other dimensions being asleep and feeling the divine power.
OvidM

Con

First, I don't understand how the idea of "soul" was proven by ancient religions. I find it ironic since no religion has ever proven it's basis to be correct(prove it with facts, not irrelevant feelings that can be lied about), so how could they prove the soul. No one has ever proven that soul exists(Obviously, we have had people "proving" soul exists with bad facts and facts, but all of that was refuted by others.

Secondly, cases when people being asleep travel to other dimensions are called dreams(I don't see how they prove anything, let's not forget how much people like to lie). Also, I recognize that people that have had Near-Death Experiences might have experienced some kind of state where they really feel like they are close to God or things like this. But, this is obviously because of a drug called Dimethyltryptamine. It is produced inside of us and gets activated when we are in a really big danger. It's effects are very powerful and real hallucinations.

I think I have addressed everything you have said in your argument. So many people, believers and nonbelievers have tried to prove the existence of the soul, but all of that was in vain. Everything we feel is inside our little brain, once the brain dies, we die, and everything we have ever known dies with us.
OvidM

Con

Nice argument.
Posted by LeeJohnson 3 months ago
LeeJohnson
I agree with Con. Being Christian myself, I don't believe it will ever be possible to prove the existence of a soul.

If you'd like to know why I'd be happy to oblige.