natoast
RationalMadman

exploration of the elegant application of the english language

RationalMadman

natoast

Pro

This is a competition to see who can talk in the most show-offish and snottily condescending manner. The competitor and I will try to explain why each of us is the best at making others fell stupid in the most smart sounding way possible. The first round doesn't count and can be in the peasant speak. It is most likely that convincing argument points will be synonymous with the spelling points. First round is acceptance.
RationalMadman

Con

As a peasant might say, I accept m'lord.
natoast

Pro

Over the course of these 5 rounds, I shall affirm that I hold within me a prodigious level of rhetoric versatility. For throughout my being, I have annexed for my utilization a prodigious assortment of words and phrases. This vast glossary is what allows me to proclaim my ideas in an elegant and ornate manner, as you may observe already from the text preceding. It is unlikely that any individual such as yourself could hold a vocabulary nearly as adept as mine. In fact, it is my humble opinion that through the comparison of our respective grasps of the finer points of the written language that we are now participating in, your meager abilities will become null in relative to my own. That is not to say I do not respect those like yourself who attempt to assert that they are of a higher class of intellectual thought, but those of us who are in such a position ultimately triumph over those who only feign this endowment. For the time being I have little else to declare, but I wait expectantly for my opponents argument to, as they say, speak for itself.
RationalMadman

Con

You collapse at the precise contemplation of my well-endowed faculty for English etymology. I subsist the supreme essayist of all whom exist and recurrently shall be. I am lordlier than you in every reverence. That is all for now, underdog

natoast

Pro

natoast forfeited this round.
RationalMadman

Con

RationalMadman forfeited this round.
natoast

Pro

Holy crap, I never thought of it like that. I guess I have no choice but to concede.
natoast

Pro

This one should be in the hall of fame. Heck, it should be the new example debate. Truly one for the ages. Good show.

nothing to see here.
RationalMadman

Con

Fine match sir. You put up a fine fight my good chap!
Posted by natoast 4 years ago
natoast
oops.
Vote Placed by Hemanth_Nambiar 4 years ago
Hemanth_Nambiar
natoastRationalMadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession