asiandebater
studentathletechristian8

failed nations are a greater threat to the U.S than stable nations

Started: 10/24/2009 Category: News

asiandebater

Pro

I'm pro on this resolution
I would like to thank my opponent and wish the best of luck
to better help you understand this topic we will be debating I will define some key terms
Failed state-characterized by the Fund for Peace, Their 2009 index characterizes failed states thoroughly "A state that is failing has several attributes. One of the most common is the loss of physical control of its territory or a monopoly on the legitimate use of force. Other attributes of state failure include the erosion of legitimate authority to make collective decisions, an inability to provide reasonable public services, and the inability to interact with other states as a full member of the international community. The 12 indicators cover a wide range of state failure risk elements such as extensive corruption and criminal behavior, inability to collect taxes or otherwise draw on citizen support, large-scale involuntary dislocation of the population, sharp economic decline, group-based inequality, institutionalized persecution or discrimination, severe demographic pressures, brain drain, and environmental decay. States can fail at varying rates through explosion, implosion, erosion, or invasion over different time periods."

stable nations- being the exact opposite meaning having control of its territory and its government, and also being able to interact with other countries as a whole

The term threat has several meanings but the one that most relates to our resolution would be a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon, some action or course.
studentathletechristian8

Con

I thank my opponent for the debate and the readers for the opportunity.

I negate the resolution, "failed nations are a greater threat to the U.S than stable nations."

I accept my opponent's definitions. However, I must clarify my opponent's reference of "failed states." The resolution expresses the term "failed nations," and my opponent has chosen to define a "failed state." Nevertheless, it will be assumed that the terms "failed state" and "failed nation" are essentially the same and can be replaced by one another throughout the debate.
Also, the "U.S." refers to the United States of America.

As Pro and Instigator, my opponent possesses the Burden of Proof to affirm the resolution.

My opponent has yet to provide argumentation. I have used this round to clarify and welcome my opponent to begin actual debating in the proceeding rounds. Thank you.
asiandebater

Pro

my first contention will be:
failed nations pose a physical threat to the U.S

**Somalia being #1 on the failed nation's list poses several threats to the U.S. Somalia is a breeding ground for terrorist, warlords, and pirates. Somalia's pirates are affecting our trade, and sinking our ships. Somalia is creating more terrorism and building more nuclear facilities. Iraq is #6 on the failed nations list. Iraq does have a central government. The government is too weak to take over the areas where these nuclear facilities are being built or to stop the terrorist from building them. Yemen being #19 on the failed nations list. In Yemen terrorist are regrouping. More than 50,000 migrants from Somalia have made their way to Yemen because of the lack of government and laws, and because Yemen's central government is too weak to stop the organization and training of terrorist. Pakistan is #10 on the failed nations list. Pakistan can't control its terrorist. Pakistan has no control in government, and has terrorist groups reuniting in the lawless part of Pakistan. Pakistan holds high power in nuclear launching. North Korea is #17 on the failed nations list. North Korea is a threat not only to the U.S but its allies because of all of its nuclear possession. The DPRK (The Democratic People's Republic of Korea has done nothing to get rid of the proliferating dangerous technologies that are involved in making nuclear bombs.

My send contention will be
Failed nations are havens for terrorist

**Terrorist flourish in ungoverned territories which all failed nations have weak governments or no governments at all. Ungoverned territories pose a threat to the U.S nation security as places for terrorist to create direct and indirect attacks on the U.S. So having these failed nations is open and weak territory for terrorist to target and to take control of is only giving them a place to turn into nuclear facilities and for them to plot attacks on the U.S. Pakistan and North Korea are expanding there nuclear bomb facilities and are also influencing other failed nations to do the same .The U.S's involvement in trying to eradicate terrorist did absolutely nothing but broke the regime up into smaller groups and to spread into more nations.

studentathletechristian8

Con

studentathletechristian8 forfeited this round.
asiandebater

Pro

asiandebater forfeited this round.
studentathletechristian8

Con

Posted by lelanatty 7 years ago
lelanatty
yes it was. someone needs to finish it with her.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
A bit of a dissapointing debate, PRO wins for her sole argument.
Vote Placed by ethopia619 6 years ago
ethopia619
asiandebaterstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by lelanatty 7 years ago
lelanatty
Vote Placed by Mathwiz25 7 years ago
Mathwiz25
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
Vote Placed by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese