joshuaXlawyer
Logical-Master

final fantasy 7 should be remade

Started: 1/30/2009 Category: Arts

joshuaXlawyer

Pro

I will wait for my friend to go first i shall wait, but in turn don't put anything at the last round.
Logical-Master

Con

My case shall be short and sweet.

Although Final Fantasy 7 is indeed a fun game, Squaresoft should focus on the future of the company rather than living off the past. Rather than remake FF7, Squaresoft should compete with the Mass Effect series by taking Final Fantasy in a new direction. Indeed, what made Mass Effect so successful is the amount of control players had over the game.

Gender Control: In Mass Effect, players go to choose their gender. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I prefer to play as characters that line up with my own gender. One of the reasons I am not too excited to play the 13th FF game is simply because the main character is a female. In RPG games which individuals devote many hours to, they commonly prefer to be able to relate to their characters. By going the route of Mass Effect, this problem would be solved. Not to mention that players have control over the characters appearance (ethnicity, hair style/color, etc)

Personality control: Lets face it: No matter what the main character is like, people will be having gripes with his/her personality. Many players hate Cloud because they perceive him as being "emo" whereas many hate Tidus and Vaan due to their immaturity. In the Mass Effect series, players not only had the opportunity to choose what kind of upbringing their main character had, but also had control over all the choices their character made in the game. In this way, players won't be bothered by the main character given that they will have absolute control over his/her personality.

Story Control: As suggested above, players had the ability to manipulate the story as well as its conclusion due to being able to decide the choices the main character could make. Just imagine how awesome this would have been in Final Fantasy 12. Vaan could have decided to put the "moves" on Ashe or even help Ashe take over Avalice rather than save it. The story potential is nearly limitless and hard to upset the player given that it is the player who is in control (though for the purpose of keeping the player surprised, control is not absolute, hence why players may only effect decisions that concern the main protagonist). At any rate, this also adds customization of romances to occur in the game. Hence, imagine a Final Fantasy 7 where you (as Cloud) got to hook up with Tifa if you willed it. Or imagine a Final Fantasy 10 where their could have been some action between Tidus and LuLu (yowzer). Again, the benefits the player is given are extraordinary in comparison to the usual Final Fantasy formula.

Conclusion: Given that SquareSoft is in need of a superior formula if it hopes to compete with games on the level of Mass Effect or Knights of the Old Republic and that there is more game play potential in the formula which the aforementioned games used, Square Soft should insist on heading in that direction rather than merely live off its past and attract merely those who are interested in FF7 rather than RPGs in general.

And that'll do it for now.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

Ah mass effect that was a great game but final fantasy 7 was a best seller compared to mass effect, final fantasy 7 just kills it .
I mean you can barely find the game anymore its almost impossable.The only thing i dont like about final fantasy 7 is the graphics's what if you take it make a better final fantasy with E3 graphic's it would be awsome.
Maybe even some extra storyline and may be a more gamepaly and some easter eggs it would be the best.
im kinda tried of final fantasy branching off into a whole differnt story, i wished they would branch some off that the same story like final fantasy 7 .Now i know they made crisis core and it was good but i want to know what happens after 7 .
Maybe a game were every charater from final fantasy come and meet to help a common cause or something.
Logical-Master

Con

--------->RE: Ah mass effect that was a great game but final fantasy 7 was a best seller compared to mass effect, final fantasy 7 just kills it .

And? How is FF7 a superior game to Mass Effect? How exactly does it kill it? I would request that my opponent elaborate. It's true that FF7 was the game of it's time, but as was Tetris and Pacman, yet one cannot honestly expect that remaking those games on the current consoles would guarantee the same performance.

-------->RE:"Maybe even some extra storyline and may be a more gamepaly and some easter eggs it would be the best."

Once more, I'd like my opponent to elaborate. How would adding some more gameplay, storyline and easter eggs trump the RPG formula I've described in R1?

-------->RE:"im kinda tried of final fantasy branching off into a whole differnt story, i wished they would branch some off that the same story like final fantasy 7 ."

My opponent may be tired, but unless he prove that the masses have the same mindset as him (which clearly, they don't, given that FF has constantly been able to use different stories while being successful), then this claim is of no relevance.

-------->RE:".Now i know they made crisis core and it was good but i want to know what happens after 7 ."

If it be my opponent's true concern to know what happens after 7, then not only can the formula I cited in R1 still be applied, but this wouldn't constitute as a remake of FF7, hence upholding my side of the resolution.

-------->RE:"Maybe a game were every charater from final fantasy come and meet to help a common cause or something."

Again, such a claim merely upholds my side of the resolution.

And off topic, but the game in the video somewhat fulfills the desires which PRO has:

So basically, PRO has not upheld his side of the resolution and is essentially impeding the debate. Ergo, you have no reason to consider any of what he has currently said when determining your vote.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

So you wish me to elaborate well elaborate I shall so how did it kill mass effect well it sold out, I told you before its so hard to find a guy would give a leg and arm for.(figure of speech)

Yet when I go to like gamestop I still see mass effect on the shelfs,
and dont say its a new game when FF7 came out it went like hotcakes!

Now so Added storyline would also beat the socks off your so called ultimate formula well for starters do you know how fast that game is i beat it under what 2-3. So easys and that was one very hard mode not very hard so i got bored after beating it after 4-5 times.

Also on another note you tibit about the manipulate the story well thats a load of bull take it form me i have beat the game 5 times.
Wow I controlled if this guy die or this girl or to be a jerk and shoot people on sight, well so what that does change the story.
In the end we still end up kill the bad guy and saving the day the only thing you change in minimal.
So to this statment i say Objection!
"The story potential is nearly limitless and hard to upset the player"
No its no limitless its more accrute to say its limited

Now your gender conclusion is crap ok for one there are out of 10 gamers one is a girl this is common knowlage, and also what girl plays a sci fi game.Therefore there no real reason to make money off this part of you formula, Because even if there is its rare really rare.

So Ultimate Formula my ace.
Logical-Master

Con

----->RE:"Yet when I go to like gamestop I still see mass effect on the shelfs,
and dont say its a new game when FF7 came out it went like hotcakes!"

Personally, I've seen copies of FF7 at my local gamestore, but for the heck of the argument . . . there being a lack of copies of FF7 is meaningless given the following: It's a PS1 game. The PS1 is pretty much outdated. One will have a hard time finding PS1 games period due to how old and behind the times they are. To add, take for instance Super Mario Bros 3. It was quite a popular game for it's time, but we currently don't see any copies at gameshops in general. According to my opponent's reasoning, this should be sufficient reason to deem it as being a superior game to Mass Effect.

----->RE:"Now so Added storyline would also beat the socks off your so called ultimate formula well for starters do you know how fast that game is i beat it under what 2-3. So easys and that was one very hard mode not very hard so i got bored after beating it after 4-5 times."

If the amount of time it takes for one to beat Mass Effect is truly a problem, then the solution for square would simply be make their game that uses such a formula much longer. :D

----->RE:"Also on another note you tibit about the manipulate the story well thats a load of bull take it form me i have beat the game 5 times."

Wow I controlled if this guy die or this girl or to be a jerk and shoot people on sight, well so what that does change the story."

How does having the ability to end the story with the human species taking a seat in the galactic council or end it with humans having absolute control over the known universe not impacting the story? How is killing off potentially 3 of your party members by no means impacting the story? Lets not even start on the fact that the player has control over the outcome of the story arcs concerning the planets which you visit. There is a reason Mass Effect had won awards for best storyline.

That said, this matter is not something I really need to address.. We must keep in mind that I am merely proposing that Square use Mass Effect's formula. If my opponent found flaws in the Mass Effect game, there's no reason as to why Square couldn't improve upon these flaws. For instance, my opponent doesn't believe the player has much control over the storyline. Square could easily solve this "problem" simply by allowing the player with more options and more possible outcomes to the story arcs in the game.

----------->RE: "Now your gender conclusion is crap ok for one there are out of 10 gamers one is a girl this is common knowlage, and also what girl plays a sci fi game.Therefore there no real reason to make money off this part of you formula, Because even if there is its rare really rare."

http://edugamesblog.wordpress.com...

As indicated by the Entertainment Software Association, it has been determined that the ratio of male gamers to female gamers is 60/40. Do not buy into my opponent's illogical usage of stereotypes.

To close this round, please refer back to my opponent's desire for there to be a game where every character from FF meets up to fight a common cause. Also note, his desire for a sequal to FF7.This is rather crucial as it means he is willing to settle for alternatives to an FF7 remake. Clearly, something which upholds my position.

And that'll do it for now.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

Logical-Master forfeited this round.
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 8 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
when i say this i mean well so what that doesnt change the story
Posted by Puck 8 years ago
Puck
Ah well. FFVI had something like 14 playable characters from memory, so it's feasible. It's also arguably as good as FFVII. :D
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 8 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
yes i have but cloud is just there he doesn do anything and others are just there they have not part in the problem besides a few
Posted by Puck 8 years ago
Puck
"Maybe a game were every charater from final fantasy come and meet to help a common cause or something."

You've played Kingdom Hearts, right? :P
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Whoa. Easy man. Fix up your grammar/spelling in the first round please. :)
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
joshuaXlawyerLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
joshuaXlawyerLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
joshuaXlawyerLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
joshuaXlawyerLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 8 years ago
rougeagent21
joshuaXlawyerLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by philosphical 8 years ago
philosphical
joshuaXlawyerLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Lampshade 8 years ago
Lampshade
joshuaXlawyerLogical-MasterTied