footballchicla
lol101

football

lol101
Started: 7/9/2015 Category: Sports

footballchicla

Pro

Woman can play football I think not just almost naked I mean just like men an should not be judged but u know. Like the NFL an stuff like that like genders should play together cause we are all equal man or women bot when it comes to wrestling no cause that's ok nevermind bout wrestling guys could really get hurt but ya I think genders should play professionally together
lol101

Con

I will try to render what my opponent just said. My opponent argues that women should be allowed to play football too, but they should not be half naked during the process. Pro is stating that women shouldn't be judged and we should all be equal.

First of all, my opponent says "when it comes to wrestling no (as in we aren't equal) cause that's ok"

What sort of reasoning is that? No because that's ok? What is so "ok" about wrestling? Please specify. Pro continues on:

"nevermind bout wrestling guys could really get hurt but ya I think genders should play professionally together"

What's the "nevermind" here for? Since it was right after your claim about wrestling, I assume you say "nevermind" because that point was worthless... well, not that it meant much in the first place.

You don't give any concrete reasoning for why both genders should play football together. The "because they should be equal" argument isn't enough. I need to know WHY they should be equal. Yes, women shouldn't be judged, but I negate the resolution that they should play football with guys.

Arguments:

1) Sexual actions: Of course, you will always have perverts, creeps, etc. that just cannot help but touch or comment on someone's genitals or other parts that need to be hidden. Even if women aren't half naked, there will still be guys and girls that will want to touch each other, and might even have sex. Yes, the latter is unlikely, but sexual actions will increase if we let the to genders play together. Unwanted flirtation will occur as well. You might have some cases of rape, or a guy touching a girl's butt or breasts. This can also distract the players from focusing on the game, thus, lowering the rankings of players. Also, are you talking about football in general? Or the NFL? It cannot be both. Either way, some idiot is going to want to be sexual if both genders play at the same time.

2) Physical Strength: The average male weight is about 180 lbs. The average female weight is around 166.2 lbs. Men are bigger and stronger than women are. I don't think NFL is interested in putting in women having most of them getting injured. Injuries happen all the time for men, so I think it would be immoral to have tons of women getting broken bones or fracturing bones. Not to mention any NFL team that was more women than men wouldn't stand a chance. Of course you could divide them up into equal men to women ratios, but then people would get less interested in watching NFL. NFL will lose a large amount of profit and people will freak out. Let them play in separate leagues. I have no problem with women playing football, just as long as they're not put in with men.

http://halls.md...

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
footballchicla

Pro

footballchicla forfeited this round.
footballchicla

Pro

footballchicla forfeited this round.
lol101

Con

I see where this is going, you're going to forfeit all of the rounds. I rest my case.
footballchicla

Pro

footballchicla forfeited this round.
lol101

Con

This is Pro's last chance to argue, but I have a couple of points to make.
a) I doubt that my opponent is going to post on this last round.
b) Due to my opponent's flimsy argument, I doubt that anything he would post could be solid enough to counter my argument.
c) My opponent has forfeited so many times that it just may be impossible for him to beat me at this point.
footballchicla

Pro

footballchicla forfeited this round.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
I'm calling a win for me. My opponent literally stands no chance up to this point.
Vote Placed by Berend 1 year ago
Berend
footballchiclalol101Tied
Vote Placed by Theunkown 1 year ago
Theunkown
footballchiclalol101Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeiture, lack of punctuation by Pro, presence of sources by Con (with no sources for Pro) and undeveloped arguments by Pro. Combining the above points; All points to Con.
Vote Placed by sara_ann_dee 1 year ago
sara_ann_dee
footballchiclalol101Tied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO forfeited several rounds of the debate and did not even make an effort to retaliate with a counterargument. With the lack of appearance, conduct goes to CON. PRO forgot to use periods, and was using text term words and worded his sentences awkwardly. Therefore, spelling and grammar go to CON. CON used evidence to support his argument and cited his resources - therefore, reliability and sources goes to CON. As far as the argument itself goes, PRO failed to make a counterargument or retaliation for CON's arguments. He did not even bother to show up for most of the debate! Through forfeits, the argument portion of the debate goes to CON.