pickleoverlord
Iacov

for students that have the free lunch program should snacks be included

Iacov has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

pickleoverlord

Pro

I am a 13 year old boy and my family is a little poor, but they still find it in their hearts to put money in my account and I don't think that that is fair for them. so that is why I'm making this my first debate.

please make a comment
Iacov

Con

Thanks to my opponent for creating this debate.

First seeing as my opponent has failed to do so I will provide definitions.
Free: provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment:
Lunch Program: A school meal or school lunch (also known as hot lunch, a school dinner, or school breakfast) is a meal, typically in the middle or beginning of the school day, provided to students at school
Snack: a small portion of food or drink or a light meal, especially one eaten between regular meals.
https://www.fns.usda.gov...
http://www.dictionary.com...

I will be arguing that schools should not provide free snacks to any students regardless if they receive free lunches or not.
I await my opponent's opening argument.
pickleoverlord

Pro

okay I see what your saying but some students don't have enough money to get a snack witch makes some people feel sad when they see other students having snacks but I'm going to have my "basic lunch"sys
Iacov

Con

Although I agree that it is sad that a child who cannot afford a snack can't have one while a other student who can afford one is able to have a snack, I believe it would not be beneficial for a school to be required to provide free snacks as the cost involved would be far to much all in the name to make the children happier.
"The National School Lunch Program cost $11.6 billion in FY 2012. By comparison, the lunch program's total cost in 1947 was $70 million; in 1950, $119.7 million; in 1960, $225.8 million; in 1970, $565.5 million; in 1980, $3.2 billion; in 1990, $3.7 billion; and in 2000, 6.1 billion" ( https://www.fns.usda.gov... )
If we were to provide free snacks this already massive amount of spending would grow. It is because of this that we cannot sacrifice even more of our budget which I feel could be used in more important areas simply to make students a bit happier.
pickleoverlord

Pro

OK i see what your saying but i can't see why they cant because at my school its only about a dollar but are you serious! 6.1 billion?!!?
Posted by Thelettuce 1 year ago
Thelettuce
Free lunch programs should provide the exact nutritional supplement amount required for each specific individual. Each individuals metabolism, height, weight, and activity levels should be assessed to determine the exact amount of nutrition required for a daily period at school. In this system snacks would not be required, the system now has too much waste and not enough attention paid to the quality of the nutrition. The nutritional supplements should be dived out evenly across the day to maintain a continued level of alertness and maintain energy levels.
Posted by Iacov 1 year ago
Iacov
What exactly is being debated here?