imheretodebate321
Ryugen

functional pattern training for the fascial system is superior at conditioning the body.

Ryugen has forfeited round #2.
Started: 2/28/2017 Category: Sports

imheretodebate321

Pro

functional pattern training is a superior form of exercise for the body than traditional forms of exercise, i.e. body building, powerlifting, weightlifting ect.
defining terms:
by superior I am referring to how the training modality follows the guidelines of the way the body moves and how the body evolved into its biomechanics now.
by exercise I am referring to putting intentional stress on the body in order to receive a positive gain in functional strength and more sustainable way of living.

this modality of training follows the baseline at which the body works as an integrated system.
Ryugen

Con

I assume round one is acceptance only. Best of luck Pro.
imheretodebate321

Pro

Functional patterns training is based off the idea of fascial systems and fascial webbing that is strung throughout the body.
there are a series of different fascial lines that make up the integration of specific 'lines' (lineage of muscles that work together) in the body.
the example I am going to use is the functional line. the functional line consists of the contralateral latissimus dorsi, to the contralateral gluteus Maximus. according to Thomas Myers, a manual therapist for over 30 years, describes this line as a necessary component to not only our evolutionary development but in our everyday life. this particular line is pertinent to one of our most basic functions, gait (walking, jogging, running). with this particular line being disconnected or trained in a more isolated fashion brings rise to a disconnect in the connectivity of which this line works from.
as you lower extremity goes into hyper extension during gate, there is a shortening of the glute as well as the contralateral lat. this shortening acts as a loading mechanism for the anterior oblique sling which helps to pull the body back through into flexion (or more appropriately, pronation) as the functional line reaches maximal contraction.
so even with this basic idea of extension and contraction of the functional there is a reciprocal flexion and eccentric load happening on the opposing side of the body (anterior oblique system).

Myers, W. T. (2014). Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual & Movement therapist. N/a. Elsevier.
Posted by Ryugen 10 months ago
Ryugen
Hey, no problem, take your time.
Posted by imheretodebate321 10 months ago
imheretodebate321
pardon my tardiness, I have been quite busy. I will have a response within 24 hours. thank you for your patience.