Cactux
hcd1997

game of thrones is the best serie

Started: 3/9/2016 Category: TV

Cactux

Pro

everything is awesome in it.
hcd1997

Con

I beg to differ these show are all better
"Dexter
"Death Note
"Breaking Bad
"House Of Cards
"Hannibal
"Sherlock
"Person Of Interest
"The Americans
"The Wire
"Prison Break
"24
"Mad Men
"Mentalist
"Suits
"The Walking Dead
"Castle
https://www.quora.com...
Cactux

Pro

Cactux forfeited this round.
hcd1997

Con

my partner was a bit of a coward
Cactux

Pro

Cactux forfeited this round.
hcd1997

Con

1. Dexter

If you have ever had a conversation with me about TV shows, then you will know how much I like "Dexter." It is my favorite TV series ever. It captures your interest from the very first episode and is always able to end on a cliffhanger that makes you need to watch the next episode. I recommend "Dexter" to anybody and everybody. The series follows a serial killer who lives by a moral code: he will only kill people he thinks are deserving. There is not a single episode in the eight-season series that is boring. If you have not seen "Dexter," you definitely should and eight seasons are on Netflix.

2. Psych

I am also a huge fan of the show "Psych." It was on USA Network for eight seasons and is a fun play on the overdone detective show. Unlike other detective shows, "Psych" is a comedy that follows Shawn Spencer, a person with a photographic memory who poses as a psychic in order to help the Santa Barbara police department solve crimes. The series is constructed so that each episode is a new case and there is also a background story that unravels throughout the series. "Psych" is not an "on the edge of your seat" type of show, but certainly does have some suspense to it that is kept light by the humor. This is a really easy show to follow and is very entertaining. All eight seasons of this show can be found on Netflix as well.

3. Eastbound and Down

Danny McBride plays the role of Kenny Powers in this series. Kenny Powers is a washed up professional baseball player who must return to his hometown to live with his brother after he has blown all of his money. This is the funniest TV show I have ever seen. I am a huge fan of Danny McBride and I think this character rivals Red from "Pineapple Express." This show may not be for everyone because it is very vulgar. It aired on HBO so it is replete with swear words and topics that cannot be shown on regular TV. The show follows Kenny Powers as he attempts to return to the big leagues, while his insufferable personality usually brings him down as he is constantly drinking and making himself look bad. The episodes are just 30 minutes long, so it is very easy to fit them in throughout your day. The entire series is on Amazon Prime Instant Video, so not everyone may be able to access it easily.

4. White Collar

"White Collar" also aired on USA Network. It follows a confidential informant for the FBI. This show seems like it may be loosely based on the same story as Leonardo DiCaprio"s movie "Catch Me if You Can." Neal Caffrey is one of the world"s greatest conmen, art thief, and art forger. He has been pursued by the FBI for many years, and when he is finally captured, the FBI enlists his help as a confidential informant for the NYC white collar crimes division. Each episode follows Neal as he works with his handler to solve the case. All the while, Neal is constantly scheming and continues to pursue his illegal hobbies and think of ways to escape his ankle bracelet. It is a captivating show; each episode seems new, as there is a different case but keeps you coming back with its backstory. This show is also on Netflix.

5. Suits

If you could not tell by now, I am a big fan of USA Network shows. "Suits" is another show that was produced by USA Network and is structured in a similar manner to the previously mentioned shows. The series starts with Mike Ross, an incredibly smart college dropout, sneaking into an interview with a top lawyer at one of New York"s top law firms in order to hide from the police after walking into a set-up on a drug deal. He is actually given a shot by the lawyer, Harvey Specter, after proving his brilliance. Each episode is a new legal case that Mike and Harvey are dealing with, while also following the story of the law firm and hiding the secret that Mike is not an actual lawyer. This show, unlike all the previously mentioned shows, is still on air. The previous seasons can be watched on Amazon Prime Instant Video.

6. Tyrant

This is a relatively new show and in the middle of its second season so far. So I have seen about as much of "Tyrant" as I have "Game of Thrones" and I think it edges it out a bit. "Tyrant" is about a fictitious troubled country in the Middle East, called Abuddin. The country is run by a dictatorial family, the Al-Fayeeds. One of their sons had fled the country because he didn"t like the violence and inequality. He later returns and eventually tries to turn the country around and run it in a more humane way. The show sort of reminds me of the political show "House of Cards," but I think it is more interesting because it follows a dictatorship. The show is on FX and airs on Tuesday nights.

7.Silicon Valley

This show, like "Tyrant," is not quite as popular as the other shows I have listed. I think this is because this show does not have the mass appeal of the others, as it deals with a startup in, you guessed it, Silicon Valley. The show is also on HBO so the language is a lot more colorful than what is allowed on normal TV. The startup company in this show, Pied Piper, is run by a very awkward and weird group of computer programmers. The humor is quite nerdy I must admit, but I suppose I am a little nerdy myself. The story is delivered in short, 30-minute episodes and follows the journey of a company that seems to be filled with endless setbacks. The show just completed its second season and has been renewed for a third season, which I will be sure to watch as the intriguing story and sometimes raunchy humor has me hooked.

I got the information from this site http://theodysseyonline.com...
Cactux

Pro

Cactux forfeited this round.
hcd1997

Con

hcd1997 forfeited this round.
Cactux

Pro

Cactux forfeited this round.
hcd1997

Con

hcd1997 forfeited this round.
Posted by Jules_123 1 year ago
Jules_123
First of all Game of Thrones, while being an excellent source of entertainment, is only one show out of thousands. Many people may agree that Game of Thrones is the best television show ever, but many people will disagree because there are so many others. I would also argue that Game of Thrones is not the best television show ever because you must either buy the box set or buy HBO which can be something of a pain. On a different note, Arya Stark is my spirit animal.