bloodin
DakotaKrafick

gangs

bloodin

Pro

why not have gangs it shows the week and the strong. it shows respect and power. you can be treated like a god if you treat your learder right. you can have as much power as you need in your hands as long as you hustle and work for it. yes there is a down side to it tho. there is a life limit when you join the game theres no going back when you join only going back is in a ditch or cut up. you have to rep your color no matter what.! so when a homie calls get strapped and get ready to roll!!
DakotaKrafick

Con

Thank you, bloodin, and the viewers for making this unusual debate possible.

Unless my opponent clarifies, I will assume this is the proposition that I will be discrediting: "Gangs: why not?" What is even more bizarre than the proposition is my opponent's willingness to debate himself. Before I get to that, however, I will refute whatever fragments of argumentation I can find in his opening statements.

REFUTATIONS

I. "it shows the week and the strong".
My opponent makes the claim that gang activity is an accurate measure of who is "weak" and who is "strong". He does not, however, provide any meaning to these words, nor evidence to support this claim, nor any reason at all to think this is a positive and practical thing in modern society.

II. "you can have as much power as you need in your hands as long as you hustle and work for it"
While I am all in favor of an honest day's work, I must object that having "as much power as you need" is anything to be venerated in this debate. Having immense power can, and will (as history as shown), lead to terrible human atrocities, such as genocide and war.

III. "when a homie calls get strapped and get ready to roll!!"
I urge my opponent to define "homie" and "roll" in the above statement. Otherwise, while I can provide no counter-argument, the argument itself is without substance and therefore should be dismissed.

COUNTER-ARGUMENTS

I. "when you join the game theres no going back when you join"
As my opponent so articulately states, when you join the game, there is no going back (when you join). This must undeniably be seen as a negative consequence of gang activity, as it disallows members from ever returning to any normal or safe domestic life.

II. The Question of Leagality
Is gang activity illegal? Yes. Gang activity accounts for a large percentage of crimes in the US; In 2006, 56 percent of all murders in Los Angeles were found to be gang-related [1]. How the perpetuation of violent crimes can ever be seen in a positive light has not been disclosed to us in my opponent's arguments, certainly not on the unsubstantiated basis of "why not".

In conclusion, I find my reasoning to fully support my position "why not gangs". I wish my opponent the absolute best of luck the merciful gods can bestow upon him for the duration of the debate. Not that he needs it, of course.

Source:
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
bloodin

Pro

bloodin forfeited this round.
DakotaKrafick

Con

My opponent has forfeited this round, presumably to partake in some urgent gang activity. As such, my arguments remain unchallenged and therefore, feel you should vote Con.
bloodin

Pro

bloodin forfeited this round.
DakotaKrafick

Con

It seems that my opponent has recently been killed or arrested during circumstances most likely connected with gang activity, and was therefore unable to refute any of my arguments (or provide a coherent one of his own). As such, I urge you to vote for whoever the hell you want, I don't really care.