auror5865
Hlinnerooth

gay mariage

Hlinnerooth

auror5865

Pro

"I am Pro Gay Marriage" is something that we don't hear enough. I believe in the individuality of our choices. This country fights so many needless wars over freedom, yet restricts it. If this country was founded on religious freedom and in our constitution it states that church and state are two very separate things, why should we fight for our country but tear down what it stands for?
Hlinnerooth

Con

I am personally for gay marriage as well so this one will be a chalange for me. I guess I will have to try and debate from the religious side, which will also be a chalange because I am Atheist as well, but I see no other side other then from a religious standpoint. I will provide my argument in the next and final round.
Thank you for this chalanging opportunity. I will do some quick research and look foreword to your side of the argument.
auror5865

Pro

I read your argument about abortion and I completely agree. I thought that because of your standpoint on that issue you would be pro gay marriage also. I deliberately wanted to challenge you. now to the argument. as a christian i can understand why people would belive that "choosing to be gay" is "wrong". i personally do not believe. but that is an argument for some other time. if you do think homosexuality is wrong for religious beliefs, ok. but it clearly states in our constitutipon that church and state are to be separated. so it is not religious descrimination to make it legal for some one to do something that you think is wrong, religiously. this shouldnt be debatable.
Hlinnerooth

Con

I thought this might be a actual debate, and a chalanging one for me so I will go ahead and debate anyway.
With the short research I was able to do I did going health reasons as to why it should not be allowed and I will outline them now.

Health Reasons of Homosexual Behavior:
- " AIDS, Hepatitis A, B & C; many kinds of sexually transmitted diseases; anal cancer & other cancers; higher rates of alcohol dependence; tobacco use at 50% higher rates; eating disorders; high rates of psychiatric illnesses, including depression, drug abuse, and suicide attempts; debilitating health; and reduced life span (up to 20 years). The Archives of Internal Medicine found that homosexuals acquired syphilis at a rate ten times that of heterosexuals.
- " One study concludes that 56% of AIDS is found in 2% of the population,
- " As of June 2001, 64% of men with AIDS were men who have had sex with men. Bisexual men become a "bridge" for transmission of all these diseases to women and the rest of the population according to Center For Disease Control. In one CDC study 17% of homosexual men had sex with men and women. Seven percent were HIV positive.

- There is an extra cost put on to American taxpayers for said health reasons, because the diseases and health risks involved tend to be debilitating.

For those that choose to have Children:
- " Lesbians will have children through artificial insemination, and homosexual males will adopt or procure surrogate mothers. More than 10,000 studies have concluded that kids so best when they are raised by loving and committed mothers and fathers. They are less likely to be on illegal drugs, less likely to be retained in a grade, less likely to drop out of school, less likely to commit suicide, less likely to be in poverty, less likely to become juvenile delinquents and, for the girls, less likely to become teen mothers. They are healthier both emotionally and physically, even 30 years later, than those not so blessed by traditional parents," says Dr. James Dobson, eminent children's psychologist and author of "Marriage Under Fire."
- " Even pro-homosexual sociologists Judith Stacey and Timothy Biblarz report in an American Sociological Review article: Children of lesbians are less likely to conform to traditional gender norms; Children of lesbians are more likely to engage in homosexual behavior; Daughters of lesbians are "more sexually adventurous and less chaste." Lesbian "co-parent relationships" are more likely to end than heterosexual ones. http://www.frc.org...

Child Molestating and Abuse have Links to Homosexual Behavior:
- " A study of convicted child molesters, published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, found that "86 percent of offenders against males described themselves as homosexual or bisexual" (W. D. Erickson, M.D., et al., in Archives of Sexual Behavior 17:1, 1988). http://www.frc.org...
- " The rate of homosexual versus heterosexual child sexual abuse is staggering," said Reisman, who was the principal investigator for an $800,000 Justice Department grant studying child pornography and violence. "Abel's data of 150.2 boys abused per male homosexual offender finds no equal (yet) in heterosexual violations of 19.8 girls."
http://www.worldnetdaily.com...

Religious Standpoint:
Same sex Marrige and Practices is an offence to god. It is a sin as pointed out throughout the bible and other religious texts.
For example:
- Marriage is not the creature of any State. Rather, it was established by God in Paradise for our first parents, Adam and Eve. As we read in the Book of Genesis: "God created man in His image; in the Divine image he created him; male and female He created them. God blessed them, saying: "Be fertile and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it."" (Gen. 1:28-29)
- The same was taught by Our Savior Jesus Christ: "From the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female. For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother; and shall cleave to his wife." (Mark 10:6-7).

It Is Not Marriage:
Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.
The promoters of same-sex "marriage" propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children.
Two entirely different things cannot be considered the same thing.

Again this is not my standpoint on gay marrige and I in no way support gay marrige or same sex marrige from becoming completly illegal. I am the only one that actually debated this argument so please vote appropriately.

Thank you for the opportunity to debate on this subject from a standpoint that I would normally not.

http://www.tfpstudentaction.org...
http://www.wpaag.org...
Posted by Hlinnerooth 2 years ago
Hlinnerooth
@ 09galatians
For one not everyone believes in god. Second who are you to judge other people? That is the lords job and not your own. Shame on you!
Third in Atheist and personally don't give a flying f*** about your god! But if your gonna put it out there like that then I can to. Normally I am extremely nice about other religions, because I beilieve that each person can choose who and what they want to beilieve without a**holes like you throwing stones (in your case words) at other people. Again what gives you the right to judge?
Posted by 09galatians 2 years ago
09galatians
MEN CANNOT BE PREGNANT, they dont have UTERUS.
Don't change what is not changable.
People think they know already everything and it's right to be gay or lesbian, what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.
Read the BIBLE,if you dont read so you think your smarter than the BIBLE?
So your THOUGHTS are greater than GOD?
Posted by Hlinnerooth 2 years ago
Hlinnerooth
@ debatability
Thanks for the advice. It's been 10 years that I have really debated much of anything. I used to love it, and I'm learning allot on this site. I also didn't put everything into this one, because my opponent didn't really debate anything....
Posted by debatability 2 years ago
debatability
@hlinnerooth When playing the devil's advocate for a debate like this, there are some things that I've found pretty helpful. You're arguments weren't *bad* but if you were to go up against an experienced debater, your arguments could have been easily attacked. When debating con on gay marriage, it's good to run that (a) marriage shouldn't be connected to the government at all or (b) marriage should be abolished. There are strong arguments for both of these points and they lead to a very interesting debate. I just thought I'd put in my two cents since this is something I used to enjoy debating.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Marriage is between a man and a woman. It does not take the state to sanctify it to make it true. They do not have that power. now to operate under state rules we had to notify and get their liscence. That is why I say a civil contract would be the same. If religion isn't important, then why the fuss. Civil unions have the same protections as marriage,You people just want to make marriage meaningless. If it had been called civil unions all along you people would accept that without question.Spoiled brats is all I see that hold your position.
Posted by Seattlerainn 2 years ago
Seattlerainn
Marriage is a 3-party contract of adhesion between spouse 1, spouse 2 and the state. Love and religion are not required. Thus, same-sex couples shouldn't be denied a marriage contact.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
marriage has been between a man and a woman since history began. Now all of a sudden homo's want to be married. Since that secular concept then just let it go as civil unions. A civil contract would carry all the same rights as a true marriage. The only reason homos are fighting so hard to get it their own way is because they want marriage to be meaningless.Since God does not back them up, then just let the state put their seal of approval on them and let it go at that. But they are little spoiled brats and kicks and screams when people don't want to be around them.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
auror5865HlinneroothTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had arguments.
Vote Placed by ShadowKingStudios 2 years ago
ShadowKingStudios
auror5865HlinneroothTied
Reasons for voting decision: Auror5865 is probably a second account for Hinnerooth. This was too easy, too nice, same position, and both have a lack of any serious debates including any over 3.
Vote Placed by LDPOFODebATeR0328 2 years ago
LDPOFODebATeR0328
auror5865HlinneroothTied
Reasons for voting decision: Auror5865 basically had no arguments.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
auror5865HlinneroothTied
Reasons for voting decision: con is only one to use sources, and rebuts all of pro's arguments effectively