Mr.Cotton-Balls
IBelieve

gay marrage

Mr.Cotton-Balls

Pro

I am in strong affirmation that, Gay marrage should be aloud in the united staes because i agree with the united states constutution i think that not allowing gays the right to marry is unconstution. it says in the constatution that all men are created equal, that all men have the right to religiun and that every one hase the right to pursu happyness. this will be the foundation of my speach because i am strongly amarican and belive in the constatution and am strongly against segragation. i urge u to kast your vote on the pro side of this debate
IBelieve

Con

I would first like to state that the American Constitution has no direct statement saying gay marriages should be legal.
There is in fact actually an amendment that goes against gay marriage. This is called the Federal Marriage Amendment. So for your first argument it is obviously wrong if you are trying to use the Constitution as a defense to same sex marriage when the FMA (Federal Marriage Amendment) limits marriage in the USA as a union only a male and female can make together.
Mr.Cotton-Balls

Pro

my Grandfather once said just because something is dosnt mean its right. this is true in many casses once appon a time in amarica blacks were slaves they didnt have the right to marry ether but one true amarican relized this was segragation, Is this any different than what we face to day. in the constatution in the very first page it says all men are created equal. are u implying this dosnt include homo sexuals?
next there are severale sects of cristianity that allow same sex marrage and many other religions because of this we are taking away right of religion. why? i belive these 2 articals of the constitution are more important than the one my apponet stated these were also added by the founding fathers of our country. when was this added to our constatution and with the times changing with 65% off amaricans supporting gay marrage dont u think its time 4 a change.?
IBelieve

Con

Well using a saying your grandfather told you is not much of a counterargument but I suppose I can work with it. You are using the example of the African American slaves who could not marry due to them being in the slave trade. This statement is not a good defense since comparing homosexuals of the 21st century to Slaves of the 18th and 19th century is a little obscure. Slaves were looked upon more as a "Product" then an actual human. Homosexuals of our time have just as many advantages as a heterosexual (Minus marriage). Slaves did not have any rights what so ever so the two do not compare very well. Next, saying there are sects of Christianity that allow same sex marriage? I am not saying you are wrong but I cannot say I have heard of any sects of Christianity allow same sex marriage. Maybe post some examples next time? This is found in many of the bibles I have read.

"1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

(1) God defines homosexual offenders as among "the WICKED."

"Ephesians 5:11, KJV And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them."

(2) God lists "homosexual offenders" among those who HE determines will "not inherit the kingdom of God."

Biblical Source: http://www.jimfeeney.org...

Now when you say that 65% of Americans supporting gay marriage, a source for that would have been nice.

Here are some of the websites I have found on the approval rates of gay marriage throughout our nation.

http://www.usatoday.com...
http://www.newsweek.com...
http://www.highbeam.com...

In all of these websites, people who oppose gay marriage overruns people who approve of it.
Mr.Cotton-Balls

Pro

well giving biblical definitions is a week definition at best since this is a political debate and not a religus one but u are entitled to your 2 right of religion how niece 4 u! so i see it easy 4 u to pull religus beliefs into this debate another thing your supposed to pull deffinitions in the first round by pulling them later u simple lession the grounds of debate.

now seeing that u like to exercise your right to religion how do you feel knowing that a minority in our country cant the united states is a country of many religions so a cristian oppinion has no grounds hear this is balder dash.

i belive in a form of cristianity but i belive in being an amarican and after examining her constitution layed by the for fathers of our country our government is miss treating a minority if my apponet had the eyes to look up from his bible he would see what i have said but he is intitled to his oppinion no matter how outdated it is
IBelieve

Con

Well, my reasoning for using biblical definitions were to be used as counterarguments for when you said "Some sects of Christianity allow same sex marriage." I just wanted to use biblical evidence to prove that wrong. I am not using biblical evidence to support my side, just to counter yours. I do have the eyes to look up from the bible... To the American Constitution which has Federal Marriage Amendment. So I have given historical evidence with the FMA, and a biblical counter argument to when you said "Some sects of Christianity allow same sex marriage." To prove your statements wrong.
Posted by Rodriguez47 6 years ago
Rodriguez47
The Government shouldn't be involved in the first place.
But if you don't know the difference from a simple plug, and a socket that's you're problem.
Posted by Mr.Cotton-Balls 7 years ago
Mr.Cotton-Balls
how about abortion!?!
Posted by IBelieve 7 years ago
IBelieve
Thats fine with me, just pick any topic you like and I will challenge you.
Posted by Mr.Cotton-Balls 7 years ago
Mr.Cotton-Balls
very true this was like my first one
if u would like to have another debate i will back my arguments with sources, and use the spell check!
Posted by IBelieve 7 years ago
IBelieve
I don't understand how he has any votes on spelling and grammar. First of all even if he is dislexic there is a spell check... As well as sources, he has listed no sources what so ever.. This debate is just bias
Posted by gregthedestroyer 7 years ago
gregthedestroyer
ya he really is dislexic..... that explains it all... jk anthony. but ya he is
Posted by Mr.Cotton-Balls 7 years ago
Mr.Cotton-Balls
shut up Brendan your supposed to have my back when I BS ! lol Jezzzz, and im dyslexic u A$S holes
Posted by saamanthagrl 7 years ago
saamanthagrl
Ha, how'd you make it out of grade school?

VVVVV
Posted by sorc 7 years ago
sorc
"Anthony, first, how do have such horrible spelling?"

Agreed 100% lol

I can't say that Con changed my view but all points were given to Con.
Posted by brendizzle29 7 years ago
brendizzle29
Anthony, first, how do have such horrible spelling? Second, the "Declaration of Independence" says "all men are created equal. The section of the Constitution that you were thinking of says, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
Vote Placed by saamanthagrl 7 years ago
saamanthagrl
Mr.Cotton-BallsIBelieveTied
Vote Placed by brendizzle29 7 years ago
brendizzle29
Mr.Cotton-BallsIBelieveTied
Vote Placed by 18freckles 7 years ago
18freckles
Mr.Cotton-BallsIBelieveTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 7 years ago
JBlake
Mr.Cotton-BallsIBelieveTied
Vote Placed by 106627 7 years ago
106627
Mr.Cotton-BallsIBelieveTied
Vote Placed by KRFournier 7 years ago
KRFournier
Mr.Cotton-BallsIBelieveTied
Vote Placed by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
Mr.Cotton-BallsIBelieveTied
Vote Placed by sorc 7 years ago
sorc
Mr.Cotton-BallsIBelieveTied
Vote Placed by TheRaven 7 years ago
TheRaven
Mr.Cotton-BallsIBelieveTied