strunknate
jp1999

gay marrage

strunknate

Pro

why should people that are strait be able to wed but gays cannot i want to know there is no true reason they cant i wnat to know what you have to say
jp1999

Con

Before reading this, please read my comment. It includes my definitions and welcome. Sorry I had to post it in the comments, however your 500 character limit just will not suffice for the sincerity of this debate.
Case #1:
Children cared for within a homosexual relationship will be deprived from certain qualities
My source: http://www.citizenlink.com...
My point: A dad teaches things to a child that a mum cannot, likewise for a mum teaching what dad cannot.
strunknate

Pro

strunknate forfeited this round.
jp1999

Con

My opponent has forfeited this round, thus leaving me no need to post a new argument. My original argument stands, I shall leave it at that.
strunknate

Pro

strunknate forfeited this round.
jp1999

Con

I think we can safely say that this debate will be full of forfeits...
strunknate

Pro

strunknate forfeited this round.
jp1999

Con

Unfortunately, I have had no opposition. I will talk about voting in the next round, and I reckon thats all I can do.
strunknate

Pro

strunknate forfeited this round.
jp1999

Con

The debate has been full of Pro's forfeits, the only reasonable vote is Con.
Posted by jp1999 3 years ago
jp1999
Can I just say that the instigator has got it wrong, and has made this debate rubbish. You are expecting me to deliver a winning argument in 500 letters and spaces and paragraphing?
Posted by jp1999 3 years ago
jp1999
Only 500 characters? I didn't realise that, how on earth do you expect a decent debate out of this? Here is what I wanted to put first.

Welcome
Firstly I would like to thank Strunknate for starting this very 'modern scenario' debate, and for giving me the chance to accept it. Pro has not given any definitions, and has not really given an opening statement, so please read on for mine.

Definitions

Gay - Please refer to this as homosexual, the real definition of gay is to be very happy, not the homosexuality Pro means. I will assume from now that if you use the word gay, you mean 'happy'. If this is not what you mean, say homosexuality.
Homosexual(-ity) - The relationship of two partners of the same sex, either in a man-man relationship or a woman-woman relationship.
Marriage - The religious binding (and legal binding) of two individuals normally from two different sexes.
Civil Partnership - The legal partnership between two individuals of either or both from two different sexes. This is not a religious partnership.
Straight - This is a too informal phrase for someone who isn't homosexual. Please instead use normal.
Normal - This means average, (what the average person is like), the average being dictated by the majority. For example, Homosexual is not what the majority of people say they are, most say they are not. Other useful examples are in hair colour; most people are not 'ginger' and thus are the majority. This becomes normality. An example sentence could be; "Normally, people choose to have a Marriage but some opt for a civil partnership..."

Note:
Any examples I have given are illustrative and are NOT exhaustive. If you wish to change one of the definitions or add one, you must first argue for it in the comments before posting it. While a term is being clarified, changed or added the term as a whole should be avoided.