sillykitten
David-Duke

gay marriage should be legal

sillykitten

Pro

it should. theya are people too. my opponent can post first
David-Duke

Con

I thank Pro for this debate topic now unto the debate.

Now, unto my arguments.

My opponent states that "it should".

I really have no idea what my opponent is talking about here. It isn't even a complete sentence. Lets just say that its a fragment that considers revising.

I assume what my opponent means is that Gay marriage (it) should be legal.

Here are my reasons why it shouldn't be legal.

1. Gay marriage destroys traditional marriage values.

2. Living a gay lifestyle is hazardous to ones health. If you make gay marriage legal, it encourages more people to live a gay lifestyle that are currently gay.

3. Christianity and most religions conclude that gay marriage is a sin. Legalizing gay marriage is considered as a "slap in the face" in that religion(s).

My opponent then says, " theya are people too".

Like again, the apparent lack of grammar is ever the more evident. I assume what my opponent means is that "gay" people are people too.

I don't see what this has to do with the resolution: gay marriage should be legal.

One can believe that "gay" people are indeed people and still take a con issue whenever it comes to gay marriage, so this argument is flawed.

I personally think that people that identify themselves as "gay" or have a gay sexual orientation are indeed people, but they are troubled people that need help and guidance.

Thank you very much, off to you Pro.
sillykitten

Pro

Attacking his arguments:

1. He needs to prove this claim, people said the same thing about nter-racial marriage.
2. People will live the lifestyle no matter what, and evenif it is unhealthy, if it doesn't harm others there is no reason to ban it.
3. Seperation of church and state. Also, who cares? Why should thegovernment discriminate against people because a certain religion doesn't like them? Should all women be forced to wear hijabs because islam is against women not?

Also he attacks my grammar. Oops, I accidentally put an a at the end of my "they".

Basically, they are people and desere equal rights. Marriage is a right. My Opponent must show why it is god to discriminate.

Vote Pro!
David-Duke

Con

David-Duke forfeited this round.
sillykitten

Pro

sillykitten forfeited this round.
David-Duke

Con

David-Duke forfeited this round.
Posted by DetectableNinja 5 years ago
DetectableNinja
And you can challenge me as soon a you'd like. Also, I'd care to give a forewarning that, before you discover this on my profile, while I do identify as bisexual, I shall attempt to remain as rational/logical/unbiased about the topic as possible. So I hope that you are not deterred by this fact, and as such I would appreciate it if you would challenge me regardless of how I identify. Thank you.
Posted by DetectableNinja 5 years ago
DetectableNinja
It technically is still ongoing. However, time will run out and thus SK will by default forfeit the round. Then you just post "extend m arguments" and then SK forfeits, and so on until the end. However, I'd like for either yourself to challenge me, or shall I challenge you on this subject? I would thoroughly enjoy debating this topic. You would be in opposition o Gay Marriage, of course.
Posted by David-Duke 5 years ago
David-Duke
Well it appears that my opponent (sillykitten) has closed his/her account. What does that mean? Is there still a debate or did my opponent forfeit?