blue_10_9
Renzzy

gay marriage should be legal

Renzzy

blue_10_9

Pro

Gay marriage should be legal it because is unfair because of your sexuality you should be denied a right just like how you look,act, or how you live. The worst part is that people think they choose to homosexual. Now when people say this that's like saying : I want to be gay now after being strait my entire life. If this is a free country then why because of a sexual presence you are being denied right. Also people tell me that the bible says it's wrong. If it was like that in the bible god did condemned homosexuality (not liking gays) then why does exist then if it is so unholy.
Renzzy

Con

I had intended to sit in the background observing for the rest of my debate.org career ever since my account was sabotaged by vote bombers, but I am feeling rather ambitious this morning. Let us hope the ambition carries throughout all five rounds.

Having said that, thank you for the challenge. this is truly an interesting topic, and, as you might have noticed if you took the time to examine my account, I have debated it many time. Let us begin.

You begin by claiming that it is unfair that gays should not be able to marry, and you say that we are discriminating based on their homosexual lifestyle. The fact of the matter, like it or not, is that it is not yet legal in most places. Law, in most places, defines marraige as one man and one woman, meaning that homosexual marraige is not included. These laws have been such since the days of our founding fathers, who in fact would put homosexuals to death simply for being homosexual. They took it so seriously because, frankly, they saw homosexuality for what it is: a perversion of nature.

People are not "born gay," as you might think. studies should that, while genetics plays some role in sexual orientation, there is by no means any "master gene" that determines you sexuality, and ultimately, it is the influences of the enviornment around you, and your choice. (http://www.citizenlink.org...) This link even shows proof that homosexuals don't even see their sexuality as fixed or unchangable, but rather as a very changable thing.

Having said this, my point is theis: why should we change the writen laws of marraige for a what was once considered a perversion of nature, not to mention, what is even today considered to be a severe minority? I looked over too many sites to reference, but summing them all up, the percentages of homosexuals in the population is said to be between 1% and 25%, the average of all the sites I looked at falling at about 15%-16%. There are a lot of people in the world, and we are bending to redefine laws based on this small of a minority? What gets me is that in our culture (the American culture), marraige is of less and less value. More and more poeple are settling to be boyfriend and girlfriend until they decide they are sick of eachother and want to move on. If our culture has such a low view of marraige, and gays are begging to be accepted into our culture, why even bother asking for the rights? They don't need marital rights to be considered normal.

Have you considered that it is widely accepted that homosexuality is one of the reasons for the fall of Rome? (http://www.utexas.edu...)
(http://www.freerepublic.com...)

Notice how many of these criteria for the fall of the Roman empire fit for our nation, including homosexuality. it is among the negative effects on a nation.

Thanks!

Renzzy
blue_10_9

Pro

blue_10_9 forfeited this round.
Renzzy

Con

I will simply respond to the religious aspect which I failed to respond to in my last post, and await my opponents response. The following is a copy and paste from a previous debate of mine on whether or not homosexuality is condemned as a sin in the Bible:

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor HOMOSEXUALS, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." --1 Cor. 6:9-11

This verse is no joke. It is not left up to interpretation. This is out of the mouth of God that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Look to Leviticus also, and you will find God VEHEMENTLY condemning sodomites. So vehemently, however, that there is NO QUESTION as to whether or not it is a sin.

" 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.'" --Leviticus 18:22

" 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.'" --Leviticus 20:13

God Condemns homosexuals and sodomites to death!! He does not look lightly upon this sin!

You ask why it would exist if is is so "unholy," but this is really a silly question. Is sin unholy? It is the complete opposite of holiness! Yet, it still exists. Ever since the fall, mankind has been totally depraved in his words, deeds and thoughts. Homosexuality is just another sexual sin. Homosexuality exists for the very same reason that adultery, lust, and premarital sex exist: the depravity of the human race.
blue_10_9

Pro

'Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor HOMOSEXUALS, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." --1 Cor. 6:9-11'
I do agree that this not hard to understand but some people take things like these way to close to heart. when I read this plainly says that these people will be sent hell because they are denied entrance to heaven because of these things. The bible from what Christians say it is 2,000 years old. the bible has been made to be more modern. I want to get back to the people take it way to close to heart. In the news a video had showed a teenager going to church and he was depressed because he was homosexual ,what did they do ? an exorcism I am also aware that this video is a year old I am making a point.

The truth is that everyone as a right to live there life . I do not say that yours is wrong because I have an open mind and can respect that you do, what you do. why is this? it does not effect me so it should not be a problem.
I will be waiting for what you have to say.
Renzzy

Con

Renzzy forfeited this round.
blue_10_9

Pro

blue_10_9 forfeited this round.
Renzzy

Con

My only point in quoting that scipture was to say that homosexuality is not considered ok Biblically. If you could clarify your counter argument to that particular point I would gladly respond to it, and otherwise my arguments still stand and await refutation.

Thanks!

Renzzy
blue_10_9

Pro

blue_10_9 forfeited this round.
Renzzy

Con

...and yet another forfeited round. No big deal though, given that I forfeited a round. Oh well.
Posted by blue_10_9 7 years ago
blue_10_9
renzzy when i made this debate and posted it did not show up as one of my current debates. I had the idea that the site did not even post the debate and did not bother to look . I was surrpised that it showed up as a current debate. this was I did not responed to you.

-- blue_10_9
Posted by Renzzy 7 years ago
Renzzy
Forgive me, I forgot to answer to the Christian aspect of the argument. I will get to that in round two.
Vote Placed by KeithKroeger91 7 years ago
KeithKroeger91
blue_10_9RenzzyTied
Vote Placed by Renzzy 7 years ago
Renzzy
blue_10_9RenzzyTied