lucygoldsbro
Controverter

gay marriage

lucygoldsbro

Pro

if you say that marriage's soul purpose is to have a man and a woman create a child, then it should be illegal to get married and not have a baby after. your point is pretty much ridiculous.
Controverter

Con

If you consider that 99 out of 100 straight couples who marry are going to have children, it's a pretty good probability on which to ascertain heterosexual marriage's sanctity for the sake of reproduction.

If you consider that 0 out of 100 gay couples are going to have children, between themselves and without wasting the life of a woman elsewhere (or the body of their lesbian partner if they are female), there is a clear reason to prohibit it if we base marriage on probability of having a baby.
lucygoldsbro

Pro

lucygoldsbro forfeited this round.
Controverter

Con

On to round 3...
lucygoldsbro

Pro

lucygoldsbro forfeited this round.
Posted by salvagedrover 3 years ago
salvagedrover
Leave it to Republicants and Religion to make love illegal. What about choices, and free will? On the same side of the babies coin, by con's rationale, we should stop idiots from having babies as well and ruining our country and the rest of the world. Who is anyone to say that two people of legal age, which should be raised to 21 across the board due to maturity (life experience and school peer-pressure issues) can't fall in love and be married? I personally feel uncomfortable seeing homosexuality when it becomes intimate in nature, but that is my own feeling and opinion, and I am free to have that. HOWEVER, I am COMPLETELY FOR gay marriage. It is nobody else's business but theirs.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Odd I considered starting a debate much like this. My idea was a battle of fallacies; seeing who can take them the deepest "if people are allowed to have sex at all, it will lead to them marrying their dogs!"

Anyway. Do you want your question challenged, or your presented argument? Either way I suggest editing title and content before this moves forward.
Posted by lucygoldsbro 3 years ago
lucygoldsbro
hah. sorry. getting a bit into it.
Posted by DakotaKrafick 3 years ago
DakotaKrafick
"Sole," not "soul".