jmanco49
LOOKE

gay marriage

jmanco49

Pro

The Marriage, by the legal definition, is a host of legal rights. By denying gays the right to marry, the governemnt is making it illegal for gays to inherit property, make hospital visits, refuse to testify against his/her partner in court, etc. There is no valid reason for taking away their rights. It harms noone if gays make hospital visits and the like, and there is no deny them these rights.
LOOKE

Con

I disagree with gay marriage, not because of the benefits it intitles to the participants, but because of the use of the word, "marriage." I think it to be acceptable for two people who decide to devote themselves to one another, to be able to have hospital visites and inherit property and to make life or death decisions for eachother. But to call it marriage I think is changing the defenition of what I believe is one of Gods greatest creations, and the main cornerstone of all societies.
jmanco49

Pro

jmanco49 forfeited this round.
LOOKE

Con

What the heck, You challenge Me to my first debate and than you don't even show. Did you think I wasn't going to accept? Anyway, I put an awfull lot of stock in good structured familys, the future of mankind deppends on it. If we start messing with that, how far will the line be moved. The future looks pretty dim if we allow confused radical victoms to change the foundations of our society just to suit their own personal desires. Personally, I find the entire issue disturbing. Whats next, someone will want to marry a dog or a tree and we will have to except it into society, just so we can remain politicaly correct. NOT ME I would appreciate a response. take care
jmanco49

Pro

jmanco49 forfeited this round.
LOOKE

Con

First of all, no I am not joking. I am exaggerating the facts to put it all into perspective. And second I did not say "God's sacred traditions", I said Gods greatest creations. There is a bit of a differance. I did not bring the Bible into this at all, but if thats what U want lets save that for a later debate, when you have more time. And third, why didn't you have anything to say about my true points instead of mearly attacking my exaggeration of the where we could be headed/via the comments box/. It was obviously above your head. I don't know what more there is to say to you on the subject, so I say, Goodnight, God bless.
Posted by LOOKE 8 years ago
LOOKE
Jmanco,

This is Luke's wife again, replying to your last comment. I re-read what you wrote previously to learn how to read as you suggested. So you didn't say All, you just imply that by stating and I quote "heterosexual marriages are immoral beyond belief," that is a pretty huge broad generalization! My point the first time around was that instead of using someone elses beliefs against them and calling them a hypocrite you should try convincing them of why they believe wrong not insult them for their lifestyle. Also I wanted to note that you basically said; anyone who supports hetro marriages and not gay marriages is a hypocrite, due to all the immoral things hetro marriage is affaliated with! Well they are only a hypocrite if they participate in immoral actions that they are supposedly oppose, just by opposing your belief does not make them a hypocrite, its when they contadict their own beliefs! HOWEVER I WANT TO STATE AGAIN, THAT I DON'T SUPPORT MY HUSBANDS STANCE! I just think its low when you ask of someones beliefs or assume and then use their beliefs against them. My husband did not use his religion as tool to win this debate, you did use it against him! Again I happen to agree with your stance, and I guess thats why I took such offence to your approach, because your implications don't just insult your opposers they insult your supporters too! So I was trying to say that your argument should be based on your rights not on other peoples choices & lifestyles, then it just starts to sound insulting and like your whinning about who got more candy, Marsha, Marsha Marsha!
Posted by LOOKE 8 years ago
LOOKE
MY WIFE WAS RIGHT, U R AN IDIOT. You said the same thing again, and your saying that you didn;t say it. whatever, I'm done wasting my time talking to wine tit like ourself. Open your eyes and see the rest of the world aside from 1 inch beyond your nose. I'm glad I don't know you! OH YEAH, ALL CAPS, I FORGOT. ONE LAST POINT, THE 2 LEZBIANS WHO FOUGHT SO HARD IN MASSECHUSETS TO GET THERE CIVIL UNIOUN, WON. THEY GOT THE HONOR OF BEING THE FIRST GAY MARRIED COUPLE THERE. THEY ALSO GOT THE HONOR OF THE FIRST GAY DIVORCE, THE FIRST GAY PROPERTY BATTLE AND THE FIRST GAY COUSTODY BATTLE. THAT POOR LITTLE GIRL.
Posted by jmanco49 8 years ago
jmanco49
"Heterosexual marriages are immoral beyond belief,"

This is what I said. I did not say ALL heterosexual marriages are immoral; I used the plural tense to illusrate that many of them are. Please learn to read, and you did not even repond to the point I was making. I was not stereoptyping heterosexual marriages. I was saying that if you are going to allow marriages like Britney Spears's 48-hour joke of a marriage to occur, you should allow two homosexuals who love each other to marry. Also, please stop using all caps, it can get quite annoying.

Now do you understand what I was saying?
Posted by Rizmacheal 8 years ago
Rizmacheal
Okay, so here is the long and short of it. Marriage between two consenting adults of the same sex is no different than marriage between two consenting adults of the opposite sex. Either way it is marriage. To drag "gawd" into a debate is ludicrous in and of itself as "gawd" has absolutely nothing to do with anything. In reality all that people who are against gay marriage are against is what is happening behind closed doors. Personally I don't believe that is anyones business at all.

What is it about this topic that sends people into such an uproar? Why is the fact that two consenting adults love each other so heinous to anyone? Regardless of what sex said adults are it shouldn't matter. Love is a precious thing and there is far too little of it in the world as it is.

I think, people who are against this, are merely afraid that their marriages will get held up to a higher standard based on the fact that they have to "prove" that straight marriages are, in fact, better and more moral than gay marriages.
Posted by Rizmacheal 8 years ago
Rizmacheal

Posted by LOOKE 8 years ago
LOOKE
THIS IS LOOKES WIFE WITH ONE MORE THING TO SAY,
FOR YOU TO ACTUALLY SAY GAYS DESERVE MARRIAGES OVER HETROS BECAUSE OF ALL THE HORRIBLE HETRO MARRIAGES IS SOOOOOO STUUUPID, YOUR AN IDIOT. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT PEOPLE SHOULD BE JUDGED ON THEIR CHARACTER AND ACTIONS FOR YOU TO GENERALIZE ALL HETROS IN THAT WAY AND DECLARE YOUR SUPERIORITY IS SO STUPID, IF YOU GOING TO GENERALIZE FROM STUPID STEREOTYPES THEN DON'T BE OFFENDED WHEN OPPOSERS ASSUME ALL GAYS HAVE AIDS, SEE HOW STUPID THAT SOUNDS WHEN I GENERALIZE A WHOLE POPULATION LIKE THAT! YOUR AN IDIOT!
Posted by LOOKE 8 years ago
LOOKE
THIS IS LOOKES WIFE SPEAKING TO JMANCO49
AS LOOKES WIFE I CAN VOUCH FOR HIS STANCE ON ANY SIN AND SAY HE HAS THE BEST OF INTENTIONS AND IS NOT A HYPOCRITE! OUR MARRIAGE IS NOT PERFECT BUT IS CERTAINLY NOT THE STATSTICS YOUR REFERRING TO. I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SAME VIEWS AS MY HUSBAND, HOWEVER I WANTED TO DEFEND MY HONOR AS WELL AS MY HUSBANDS FOR YOU TO GENERALIZE HETRO MARRIAGES THE WAY YOU DID, MAKES YOU GUILTY OF THE SAME STEREOTYPING THAT YOUR OFFENDED BY. I WOULD THINK FROM THE POSITION YOUR COMING FROM YOU'D BE THE FIRST TO HESITATE BEFORE CASTING THE FIRST STONE. LIKE I SAID I ACTUALLY DONT AGREE WITH MY HUSBANDS VIEW, HOWEVER YOU CERTAINLY SHOULDN'T BE REPRESENTING THE OTHER SIDE YOU DIDN'T DEFEND YOUR STANCE YOU TOOK CHEAP SHOTS AGAINST HIS RELIGIOUS VIEWS, WHICH HE NEVER THREW IN YOUR FACE BUT YOU TRIED TO USE AGAINST HIM! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, BE A MARTIN LUTHER KING, INSTEAD OF A MALCOM X IF YOUR GOING TO FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, DO IT WITH SOME INTEGRITY! DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT WHEN ALL YOU DO IS TARGET OTHER PEOPLES BELIEFS INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON WHAT YOU WANT TO CHANGE, YOU WILL JUST OFFEND AND MISREPRESENT YOURSELF! I DONT THINK YOU DEMONSTRATED ANYTHING THAT WOULD MAKE DOUBTERS FEEL THEY SHOULD TAKE YOUR STANCE SERIOUSLY! PEOPLE GENERALLY ARE MORE OPEN TO CHANGE ETC... WHEN THERE STEREOTYPES ARE PROVEN WRONG! I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE TO PROVE YOURSELF JUST LIKE OTHER MINORITIES SHOULDN'T HAVE TOO TO HAVE THE SAME LEGAL RIGHTS! BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS AND IT WON'T CHANGE TIL THE RIGHT PEOPLE FIGHT FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN, YOU CERTAINLY AREN'T HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, SO ENOUGH WITH WHAT I HAVE TO SAY JUST GO AHEAD AND CHALLENGE EVERY OTHER CONSERVATIVE ON THIS SITE AND CONTINUE YOUR PURSUIT OF PLAYING THE VICTIM AND OFFENDING SO YOU PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK (I BET YOU FEEL REALLY OPEN MINDED DON'T YOU), LETS SEE HOW FAR THAT GETS YOU!
Posted by jmanco49 8 years ago
jmanco49
exactly. anyone for heterosexual marriage but says that homosexual marriages sould be illegal because they are immoral is a hypocrite. Heterosexual marriages are immoral beyond belief, over 50 percent divorce rates, rampant cheating, ridiculously high dometsic violence and murder rates... if you;re going to allow that sinning to occur, you should definetely allow homosexual marriages to occur because they don't harm anyone and aren't nearly as sinful as many heteereosexual marriages
Posted by Pride_of_Scotland 8 years ago
Pride_of_Scotland
Could you give a specific reference, Con? Because, more likely than not, it is in the Old Testament, which is before Jesus and the Holy Spirit came.
Posted by jmanco49 8 years ago
jmanco49
"Whats next, someone will want to marry a dog or a tree and we will have to except it into society, just so we can remain politicaly correct."

Please tell me you are joking. A dog DOES NOT HAVE LEGAL STATUS. A DOG CANNOT SIGN A CONTRACT. In the countries that do allow gay marriage, there have been no marrying animals. That is wrong because an animal cannot offer consent. Also, you say you are upholding God's sacred tradition. BULL. In the Bible it says that polygamist marriage is supposed to upheld, but you ignore that don't you?
Vote Placed by LOOKE 8 years ago
LOOKE
jmanco49LOOKETied
Vote Placed by youseeovermyhead 8 years ago
youseeovermyhead
jmanco49LOOKETied
Vote Placed by PreacherFred 8 years ago
PreacherFred
jmanco49LOOKETied
Vote Placed by Randomknowledge 8 years ago
Randomknowledge
jmanco49LOOKETied
Vote Placed by SportsGuru 8 years ago
SportsGuru
jmanco49LOOKETied
Vote Placed by coolman 8 years ago
coolman
jmanco49LOOKETied
Vote Placed by goldspurs 8 years ago
goldspurs
jmanco49LOOKETied
Vote Placed by Tiger1245 8 years ago
Tiger1245
jmanco49LOOKETied
Vote Placed by birdpiercefan3334 8 years ago
birdpiercefan3334
jmanco49LOOKETied
Vote Placed by oboeman 8 years ago
oboeman
jmanco49LOOKETied