DuhTruth
TheMoralCompass2014

gay marriage

TheMoralCompass2014

DuhTruth

Pro

I don't know if I'm even doing this correctly, however, I saw this site today on accident and read your comment, "Homosexuality is a mental illness as it was considered to be until 1973." It amused me so much that I had to make an account just to tell you how ignorant and juvenile it is. Don't get me wrong, the rest of your debate is flawed as well but this comment outshines the rest.
Let's put what you said in perspective, shall we. Homosexuality was considered a mental illness. Black people were considered 3/5 of a person who couldn't own anything. Women were considered less than men. Autism was considered an untreatable mental retardation. It was thought that women determined the sex of a child.... that was disproved by science btw. The list goes on and do you know why? Because things change and life goes on. If you believe so much in the ideas of the past why don't you drink some monkey brain phosphorus to get smarter so you can better push your point.
TheMoralCompass2014

Con

I agree, lets put what I said into true perspective though shall we? You compared homosexuality being a mental illness to black people only being 3/5 of a person. This is quite clearly a ridiculous comparison for several reasons but most notably the fact that for the first time in history the clinical debate on whether or not to remove homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses was left up to popular vote and was not supported by research, in fact quite the contrary. The research that had been done up until its removal; all suggested that it was indeed a psycho-social disorder.
http://homosexualityandscience.wordpress.com...
http://www.behaviorismandmentalhealth.com...
https://socialcosmos.library.uu.nl...
DuhTruth

Pro

DuhTruth forfeited this round.
TheMoralCompass2014

Con

In conclusion I will say that my opponent gave no data/research only opinion. Also I want it to be clear that my feelings about homosexuality notwithstanding, I wish them no ill will and do not want them to be afforded any more or less rights than any other person. That being said I feel that they already have all of the same rights as everyone else. They can marry just like everyone else, they simply cant all deviant sexual behavior(which I have demonstrated quite effectively it is) marriage.
DuhTruth

Pro

I apoligies for not repying last round. This is my first debate so I'm still not sure how 'rounds' work. Any way... I compaired your argument against gay marriage to past arguments, to show how they are similar and equal in rediculusness. I didn't bother looking at the sites you offered up as proof because half of them are .com.
I did, however, look at your comments.
You compaired homosexuals to pedifiles. People can not marry children because marrige should be between two consinting adults. Pedifiles wouldn't want to marry a child because children will grow up. Furthermore, any laws against pedifiels are not there because pedifiles are 'sexual deviants.' They are there to pretect children. Who is being protected with samesex marrige laws.
You also said that homosexuals would have been eliminated if they were born that way, wrong. Have you ever heard of a resesive trait. That meens one can cary a trait and not show sighns of it via a herosexual can have a homosexual child. DUH
TheMoralCompass2014

Con

Umm..ok..
Posted by InnovativeEphemera 2 years ago
InnovativeEphemera
By loss, do you mean unequivocal and decisive conquering?
Posted by TheMoralCompass2014 2 years ago
TheMoralCompass2014
And if you are indeed 19 as your profile would suggest then you appear to have a lot of growing up to do. Maybe one day you will realise homosexuality is nothing more than a mental disorder brought on by social environment and coupled with other underlying issues as all of the research proves unequivocally. You dont have to go away happy about your loss just go away.
InnovativeEphemera
If you are indeed 34 years old as your profile suggests, you are the most petulant and uninformed adult I've experienced.

No matter how much you jam your fingers in your ears and yell, "la la la la la", you cannot pray the gay away. Despite mountains of undisputed evidence your only claim is about anuses, which I would anticipate someone half my age should be able to understand is stupid and fallacious, let alone someone approaching double my age.

Is it possible that you're projecting, and are, in fact, yourself gay?
TheMoralCompass2014
Yes its rather difficult to "fulfill his burden" when no evidence to the contrary exists.
Posted by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
Sorry TheMoralCompass2014, but you lost that debate really badly. I mean, you just lost all credibility with that last round.
You will win this debate just because Pro is not able to fulfill his burden.
TheMoralCompass2014
Yes for anyone interested please see the link which shows the debate where I proved this point unequivocally and mopped the floor with my opponents arguments.
InnovativeEphemera
For anyone curious as to the genuine outcome of this debate:
[http://www.debate.org...]
TheMoralCompass2014
Right I am being pathetic, do you have any evidence for that or any of your claims for that matter?
Posted by DuhTruth 2 years ago
DuhTruth
ok.... now your just being pathetic
TheMoralCompass2014
Are you high?
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
DuhTruthTheMoralCompass2014Tied
Reasons for voting decision: *scratches his head* So, the topic was gay marriage. Pro uses this debate to discuss what he finds wrong with Con's views on gay people... Something's missing here. I don't even see any actual arguments except an assertion based on false analogies that just doesn't hold up in the slightest. I get where you're going with it, but the lack of warrants, links and analysis just makes it moot. Con never argued the resolution either, but since it's Pro's burden to actually follow the resolution he made, he loses the debate. He also loses a conduct point due to the forfeit. I don't agree with Con's arguments either, and there are a bunch of simple ways to disparage his sources (and since his links don't support the res, he's not getting sources), but without seeing those arguments, I have no choice but to side with the uncontested points of Con.