penguins_rule
Ariesz

gay marriage

penguins_rule

Con

NONE OF THIS PART IS MINE PLEASE DO NOT SAY I PLAGERIZED I DID NOT THIS IS NOT MY WRITING
NOT MY WRITING"If two men are in love, and want to declare their commitment, why should we keep them from marrying each other?"

"If two gays want to be married, aren't they upholding the institution of marriage rather than weakening it?"

"If a pair of homosexuals want to marry and provide a home for children who would otherwise be without a family, then how can that be wrong?"

In our ongoing cultural conversation about homosexuality and same-sex marriage, we will continue to have friends and family members who will be asking us questions like these. Unfortunately, many Christians today lack the ability to clearly articulate their views on marriage. We often find it difficult to respond to questions or arguments made by those who disagree with us.

If we want to defend the centuries-old understanding of marriage, we should start by looking carefully at what God has to say about it. When we speak of the "sanctity of marriage," we mean to say that marriage is a holy and sacred institution created not by man, but by God. That means that no matter what legislators or justices say, the definition of marriage is not ours to tamper with.

Before laying out a defense for marriage we need to make two very important points:

First, we in the Christian community need to apologize for the way we have interacted with the LGBT community. As those who have been forgiven by God through Christ's sacrificial death on our behalf, we must exhibit the love of Christ to all men and women. We can stand for the truth and be loving at the same time. This we must do.

Second, our authority to speak to the needs of our nation today is the Word of God. The Scriptures teach that there are absolutes and that there is such a thing as right and wrong. Truth is never tolerant of a lie. The real battleground around this debate on homosexual marriage begins with the question: Who is your authority? We believe that the timeless truth of Holy Scripture gives us the authoritative blueprints for life. We respect those who wish to deny the truth of Scripture. We would ask for a mutual respect in return."(familylife.com)
Ariesz

Pro

I am playing devil's advocate for this debate. I completely agree with what you are trying to say. I believe that there should be more Christians like you. But, I want to give you arguments that other Christians will use against you.

Bible Verses:
Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Romans 13:8-10 - Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

John 8:7-11 - So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

James 4:12 - There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Galatians 5:14 - For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Isaiah 56:3-5 - Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I [am] a dry tree.

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 19:11-12 - But he said unto them, All [men] cannot receive this saying, save [they] to whom it is given.

1 Corinthians 7:7-9 - For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

Matthew 7:12 - Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Romans 1:24-27 - Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Matthew 22:39 - And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mark 10:6-9 - But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

1 Timothy 5:8 - But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

2 Samuel 1:26 - I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.

1 Samuel 18:1-30 - And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

Genesis 2:24 - Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

1 Timothy 1:8-11 - But we know that the law [is] good, if a man use it lawfully;

Romans 1:26-27 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Christians should not cherry pick what the Church deems as canon.
Canon-.a general law, rule, principle, or criterion by which something is judged:
These are the basic laws of the Bible. You cannot just cherry pick everything in the Bible, or else what is the point of having the Bible. One must follow its true form in order to be a true Christian. If cherry picking is permitted, than it is possible to now just take the Jesus parts of the Bible, because it does not fulfill the obligations of modern society.
penguins_rule

Con

penguins_rule forfeited this round.
Ariesz

Pro

Extend all points.
penguins_rule

Con

penguins_rule forfeited this round.
Ariesz

Pro

Extend all points.
penguins_rule

Con

penguins_rule forfeited this round.
Ariesz

Pro

Extend all points.
penguins_rule

Con

penguins_rule forfeited this round.
Ariesz

Pro

Extend all points.