clayander
THEBOMB

george bush was a good presidnet

THEBOMB

clayander

Pro

look i Challenge the con person for the last debate to debate me again!
THEBOMB

Con

sure...I'll debate this...fire the first shots!
clayander

Pro

all of what you just said in the previous debate was a downright lie and you know it you accuse me of having no surces well neither did you the bush presdiency was one of great many things look i will do it again
1. he kept america safe
2. he passed a good prescription drug benefit for seniors
3 he passed no child left behind the most singifgant education reform in 40 years
4. he passed the biggest tax relief in american history
5. he was a unwevering leader he was very commited
6. he helped fight aids
7. he made us more energy independent with more offshore drilling and alterntive energy sources
8. he made many free trade agreements
9. He tried to reform socil sercuirty by partially privatizing it
10. passes patrial birth abdotain birth act
11. clean sky intivative
12 paritrot act
13 passsed mnay free trade agreements
14. created a ownership soceity
15. he dealt with the recession at the end of his termvery well working with democrats
1

11.
THEBOMB

Con

You obviously didn't read the comment oh well...I guess I'll just have to respond....

1. If America was kept so safe why did the single largest terrorist attack (9/11) in United States history occur under President George Bush

2. Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act this is what your talking about here. There's a couple problems with it though. First, it was designed backwards to fit a price tag. Congress had reserved 400 billion dollars over 10 years to pay for prescription benefits. With the prices, at the time, this money was not adequate to fund such a project so Congress had to work backwards. They basically made a "doughnut hole designed" bill. Here's how it works. There's a $250 deductible that's always there. For the first $2,000, medicines can be bought for only 25% out of pocket. For over $5,000, medicines can be bought for only 5% out of pocket. Between $2,000 and $5,000, medicines are bought 100% out of pocket. Someone who has a chronic condition typically needs to pay 100% of their pay. Most people are between this $2,000 to $5,000 dollars. Second problem, what's the future cost? Almost, immediately after the bill was passed the overall cost changed by 41 billion dollars, even before the act had been fully implemented. It was uncertain how much this would cost in the future. (1)

3. No Child Left Behind was a complete failure. The US public educational system to say the least stinks (2).

4. Lower taxes on rich =/= economic growth (3). Lower taxes on rich =/= more jobs (4).

5. So was Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, the other Adams, Jackson, Buren, Harrison, Tyler, Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanan, Lincoln, Johnson, Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, Cleveland, Harrison, McKinley, etc. All of the presidents were committed to the United States or they would not be president of the United States.

6. So did Clinton and Obama does not make Bush special.

7. We were still highly dependent on foreign oil: http://www.eia.gov...

8. "FTA could make those countries and the world as a whole worse off" (http://fpc.state.gov...) has the possibility of being bad.

9. An attempt at doing something does not make him a great president. Many presidents attempt to do things.

10. Yes, the Partial Birth Abortion Ban is good if your opposed to unnecessary procedures, which most people are.

11. What about it?

12. So basically, an act which infringes upon Americans rights is a good thing...I'd say no.

13. same as 8.

14. He may of coined the term. But, he did not create the society. People had been doing the basic tenants of this society for a while. Also, it was not an original idea as had been discussed in Europe and America since the 18th Century.

15. It's still a recession and recessions are generally regarded as a bad thing. So it would have been better to avoid a recession.

1) http://journals.lww.com...
2)http://4brevard.com...
3)http://thinkprogress.org...
4)http://thinkprogress.org...
clayander

Pro

clayander forfeited this round.
THEBOMB

Con

Extend arguments.
clayander

Pro

clayander forfeited this round.
THEBOMB

Con

...once again...
clayander

Pro

clayander forfeited this round.
THEBOMB

Con

wonderful...
Posted by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
ahh...a forfeit....
Posted by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
I think it was meant for you...sorry about that....
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
didn't I just do this with claylander?
Posted by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
oh dang....i just realized this wasn't for me I probably should have read that more carefully...oh well if my opponent still wants to debate this with me he can...if not...I'll accept that
Vote Placed by Hardcore.Pwnography 5 years ago
Hardcore.Pwnography
clayanderTHEBOMBTied