xehraamirrao
cryptictempest

girls are better than boys

cryptictempest

xehraamirrao

Pro

Girls are better because they can do anything handle a boy easily and girls can be strong too
cryptictempest

Con

Opening Statement
I will be disagreeing with my opponent on this issue. It is my belief that girls are EQUAL to boys. I will be arguing that no gender is superior or better than the other.

Opening Argument - Equality is the goal of society
My first argument is simply that our society values equality and fairness. It would not be considered fair to assume that individuals are better or worse based on gender alone. For example, lets say you have two candidates for a job each with the same set of skills and experience. The only difference between the two is their gender. Logically, both of these candidates would be equally as qualified and would likely perform similarly in the position.

My opponent is suggesting that girls are superior to boys, and thus the female candidate would be better just because. This kind of thinking is destructive to our society because it would prevent qualified male candidates from beating out lesser or equally qualified female candidates. It would be similar to what we are seeing as a real world problem, with women struggling to obtain high quality positions in the workforce. Thus it is important for society to value equality and to not discriminate against either gender.

Response to my Opponents Initial Statement
My opponent in this debate asserts, if I understand correctly, that girls are better because they are capable of anything a boy is capable of. In addition my oppenent asserts that girls can be strong as well. I will have a seperate response to each statement.

1. My opponents first statement does not suggest that girls are superior to boys in any capacity. In fact, what my oppenent is advocating here is that girls and boys are capable of the same accomplishments! My opponent is in a sense arguing my position here, because there is no suggestion of girls being able to "out-perform" boys.

2. My opponents second statement isn't a very strong argument. Yes girls can be strong, however so can boys. In fact, if we are referring to physical strength, than statistically and historically boys have been (on average) stronger than girls. This does not suggest that boys are "superior" to girls, only that this isn't a good argument put forth by my opponent
xehraamirrao

Pro

xehraamirrao forfeited this round.
cryptictempest

Con

cryptictempest forfeited this round.
xehraamirrao

Pro

xehraamirrao forfeited this round.
cryptictempest

Con

cryptictempest forfeited this round.
Posted by xehraamirrao 3 years ago
xehraamirrao
girls can do anything they want! girls have more value on earth & girls work more hard then boys n girls ar more strong and good in their work
Posted by xehraamirrao 3 years ago
xehraamirrao
who is ready to debate???????????
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
xehraamirraocryptictempestTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both dropped out, but con gave an argument against the resolution.