vi_spex
UtherPenguin

god and satan

UtherPenguin

vi_spex

Pro

god is the worst evil imaginable, because he created satan, everything god says is the truth in a religious world, and so satan must go to hell, and i am telling you the truth
UtherPenguin

Con

I accept ,BoP on Pro. Arguments coming the next round.
vi_spex

Pro

you show me why i am wrong con
UtherPenguin

Con

Firstly, Pro has tried to shift the burden of proof by asking "you show me why i am wrong". Pro was the one whom originally made the claim. Hence, the burnden of proof is on him. I did not assert any claim until this round. Hence, Pro has made a fallacy.

In the Bible and Quran, it states that Satan was not always evil. But rather, by sinning, he was cast from heaven. Hence, at first, Satan was decribed as righteous before sinning. He willingly sinned and willingly

In Isiah 14, verses 12-15 it reads:

"How you are fallen from heaven,
O Day Star, son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground,
you who laid the nations low!
13 You said in your heart,
I will ascend to heaven;
above the stars of God
I will set my throne on high;
I will sit on the mount of assembly
in the far reaches of the north;"

A similar thing is implied in the Quran, in which Satan did not become evil until he chose to sin.

And behold, We said to the angels: “Bow down to Adam” and they bowed down. Not so Iblis (Satan): he refused and was haughty: he was of those who reject Faith. (2: 34)

Behold! We said to the angels: “Prostrate unto Adam”: They prostrated except Iblis (Satan): He said, “Shall I prostrate to one whom Thou didst create from clay?” He said: “Seest Thou? This is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway – all but a few!” (17: 61–62)

This hence implies that Satan was not always evil. Why would God be evil if it was Satan that chose to sin? That is like saying Alois Hitler and Klara Hitler are both evil because they gave birth to Adolf Hitler. It was Hitler who chose to do what he did, but just because his parents gave birth to him, that doesn't make his parents evil.

vi_spex

Pro

not a question..

you are attacker i am defender..

truth is sin in a religious world

you copy paste things.. i see that
UtherPenguin

Con

I cannot respond due to Con's lack of a sufficent rebuttal.
vi_spex

Pro

there is nothing to rebut.. you havnt made a sigle point..
UtherPenguin

Con

Well that hurt my feelings :( . So sad. I cry everytime. You got me real good. Gonna need some water for that burn. My feelings, oh they hurt :(((((((((((((((
UtherPenguin

Con

Vote Con today and get a free PSP!
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
if there is an attack
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
So you're raising your shield for no reason...great
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
exagtly, against what attack
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
Defend what? Against what attack? A shield is useles when you have nothing to defend yourself from
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i only need to raise my shield to defend
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
It's funny...when I scroll through the challenge section and I see the Egyptian eye I just have a good chuckle about how useless his arguments are....it's the most uneducated use of "one-liner" answers that I have EVER seen haha....no wonder he's lost so many debates...because he can't produce one solid argument to defend any of his points. It's always like, "God = mistake prove me wrong".....yet he's not willing to be proven wrong, he just wants to type away a bunch of random BS....good luck winning, chump. You'll need it
Posted by Inql0rdBl4rgh0nk 1 year ago
Inql0rdBl4rgh0nk
I know it's post voting, but I agree with Con. Was the Emperor evil for Creating Lorgar, or for not trusting Magnus about Horus' betrayal?
Posted by MLG_TBR 1 year ago
MLG_TBR
PSP is old as dirt
Posted by AWSM0055 1 year ago
AWSM0055
BTW UtherPenguin, Vi_spex debates in very odd ways and almost never forms cohesive arguments...

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
truth is dull, and belief is bright, like the attractive light to a fly as it willfully flies to its death
Vote Placed by Sarai.K82 1 year ago
Sarai.K82
vi_spexUtherPenguinTied
Reasons for voting decision: I had no real position on this before the debate and honestly, the arguments did not shift my opinion either way. I did find that con showed a better traditional grasp of spelling and grammar and his arguments were more articulate and convincing than those posed by Pro. On the issue of sources, I left it tied. Pro cited no sources. Con cited the Bible and the Quran. In this particular context, I didn't find the sources particularly reliable. That may be a bias on my part and I struggled back and forth whether to award more reliable sources to con, but in the end, I left it tied.
Vote Placed by Emilrose 1 year ago
Emilrose
vi_spexUtherPenguinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to *outline* any clear argument in support of his position *and* did not adequately respond to any of Con's own arguments. For example, Con's case regarding the 'wilful sinning' of Satan went completely ignored by Pro--as well as the point that Con made about Pro attempting to 'shift' the Burden of Proof, due to this I vote CON.