myopinionsonthings
David.Cameron

god doesnt exist

David.Cameron

myopinionsonthings

Pro

God doesn't, exist. That is my opinion and a subject i feel strongly about. I don't think there is such thing as god, Jesus, etc. I believe in the big bang theory, evolution, not the 7 days god created the world. This argument is not to disrespect anyone, i dont judge on what people believe in, however i am an Atheist, always have been, always will be!
David.Cameron

Con

Introduction
I would like to begin this debate by pointing out the fact that my opponent has made an extraordinary claim. Not only did Pro assert that she does not believe in god, but she affirmatively said that god does not exist. This being so, my opponent has the obligation to prove that god does not exist. I wish her luck, as she is essentially trying to disprove an unfalsifiable hypothesis. As she has yet to advance an argument (and has thus done nothing to advance her side of the argument), I will end my first round here.
myopinionsonthings

Pro

I would like to start by saying that my opponent has yet to give his opinion on the matter. He has not yet given evidence that god does exist. like i just mentioned there is the matter of evidence. What evidence do you have to back up the theory of god, apart from the bible, which anyone could have written, what evidence is there to suggest there ever was a god, or a man named Christ? nothing. However there is numerous amounts of evidence to suggest evolution and that the big bang happened. "God" is nothing but a figment of a group known as a religion. religious people are people who want hope. hope that there is someone looking after them. Hope that here is an after life because they are too afraid of dying. The story of God doesn't add up either. For example, if god is all powerful and all loving why does the bible refer many times to homosexuality being this horrible sin? and why is he letting people die. surly if he loved everyone and is this powerful figure, then why cant he stop these terrible thing happening to innocent people? End of my second debate!
David.Cameron

Con

My objections to Pro's R2 arguments are as follows:

1) My opponent has the burden of proof and yet her primary criticism of my R1 contributions was that I did not advance an affirmative argument. The problem with this argument is that I am not advancing a positive claim, she is. The contention at hand, "god doesn't exist," extends beyond a rejection of claims that have not sufficiently met their burden of proof, and is itself an affirmative claim. She is asserting that god does not exist, not that there is no reason to believe in god.

2) My opponent's entire R2 argument revolves around the assumption that the Abrahamic god is the topic of discussion. I reject this notion on its face. The term "god" does not exclusively apply to Yahweh. If one looks at the varying definitions of "god" (especially those written in lower case) one finds this abundantly true (http://dictionary.reference.com...). Various conceptions of god exist.

My challenge then to my opponent is to prove that an immaterial, non-interventionist god (like that which deists proclaim to believe in) does not exist. It simply cannot be done, as the claim is unfalsifiable.

3) Pre-emptively, I would like to address any challenge that my opponent may launch against my definition of "god." Nowhere in the initial challenge did my opponent explicitly state that this was a debate concerning the Christian god. In fact, in the title of this debate and in her round one arguments, she uses the word "god" instead of the name "God," suggesting she was not referring to the Abrahamic god exclusively (otherwise one would use a proper noun).

Thanks.
myopinionsonthings

Pro

myopinionsonthings forfeited this round.
David.Cameron

Con

And on the fifth day the Lord said, "extend all arguments."
myopinionsonthings

Pro

David.Cameron

Con

Well this will be tiresome...
myopinionsonthings

Pro

David.Cameron

Con

Extension.
Posted by Broleys1 2 years ago
Broleys1
God created earth using the big bang. God isnt a magician who snaps his fingers n things happen. He is a creater who uses a process. Even when crewting adam he had a process. That process is what we small brained humans state as "science".
Posted by Conservative101 2 years ago
Conservative101
By default Pro has the burden of proof. She cannot just shove it onto Con, especially without saying so.
Posted by David.Cameron 2 years ago
David.Cameron
@JManuola, I actually do not have to even prove that God CAN exist. All I have to do is prevent Pro from fulfilling her burden of proof. If I can do this successfully, I can win without even advancing an argument of my own.
Posted by JManuola2 2 years ago
JManuola2
He doesn't have to present an opinion on whether God exists or not. Nor does he have to prove God exists. All he has to do is prove that God CAN exist. This is simply because your premise is completely indefensible. You can never prove without a doubt that God doesn't exist. You can only prove that you have never evidence which convinces YOU that God exists. With billions of people, both alive today and in the past, who have proclaimed their belief in the existence of God, it is pretty clear that at least some of those people can be said to have experienced sufficient evidence so as to proclaim their belief in the existence of God. It is this exact reason why, frankly, atheism is an impossible argument.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
myopinionsonthingsDavid.CameronTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture