TheCreationist
Pfalcon1318

god exist

Pfalcon1318

TheCreationist

Pro

god exists oviously
Pfalcon1318

Con

I accept this debate, and look forward to your presentation of evidence to warrant your claim.

Full BoP is on PRO. PRO made a claim, and must now provide evidence to substantiate it. My job, as CON, is to poke as many holes in PRO's arguments as I can. In this instance, I must show that PRO's position is less likely than the opposite (In other words, that it is more likely that God does not exist).

God shall be defined as the Creator of the Universe, who is also omnipotent, omniscient, and omni-benevolent.
TheCreationist

Pro

well we have the universe and the universe couldntve create itself 1

1: my brain
Pfalcon1318

Con

My opponent is arguing that God must exist, because the universe exists. The Big Bang Theory suggests otherwise. [1]

Now, it is argued that the universe existed as a hot, dense ball of energy prior to the Big Bang, and that this ball of energy is eternal.

If this is true, then my opponent attempt to fulfill the BoP.

Also, I would like to know who created God? If God is eternal, then his existence cannot be defended by the existence of the universe as my opponent has to argue against the eternal nature of the universe. If God is not eternal, my opponent must explain where God comes from.

Either way, my opponent's argument does is not am argument for the existence of God, it simply says "The universe exists because God created it, therefore God exists."

I look forward to a more powerful, and supported, argument from my opponent.

[1] http://www.space.com...;
TheCreationist

Pro

TheCreationist forfeited this round.
Pfalcon1318

Con

My arguments stand. I have cast doubt upon PRO's arguments, and have not been presented with refutations of my points. I would like to thank PRO for instigating this debate, and urge the audience to vote CON.

Thank you again to PRO, and happy voting to the audience.
Posted by LenaQueen 2 years ago
LenaQueen
@ericanddianna270 there are some places that don't show the common effects of all four seasons
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Pfalcon1318
Are you going to post your argument for this round?
Posted by Only-Human 2 years ago
Only-Human
Other planets in the galaxy might have the same luck, new planets in the Just Right zone are being discovered and might contain life. So if you believe in other life then we aren't the only lucky
ones.
Posted by ericanddianna270 2 years ago
ericanddianna270
I believe God exists. I believe that life on earth is much to intricate for it to have happened by chance.
I believe their had to be an intelligence behind it.
What has also always made me believe was our 4 seasons.
It seems to me that by the earth being right exactly where it is at we have the 4 seasons that continuously replenish the earth.
The trees continuously are the worlds filter system always turning carbonmonoxide into oxygen.
We have air to breath, water to drink, food chains needed for all existing life to continue.

Saying all of this happened on its own is like me saying that if I lay metal and rubber and glass in my backyard that in 200,000 years it will turn itself into a car without any intelligence behind it.

There is this great intelligence behind it, we call the guy God.
Vote Placed by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
TheCreationistPfalcon1318Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited (conduct Con). Pro did not use punctuation and did not capitalize where it was needed (spelling and grammar Con). Pro did not make arguments, he simply made 2 separate claims (arguments Con). Pro did not use any sources while Con did (sources Con). Who is the obvious winner? Con.
Vote Placed by LenaQueen 2 years ago
LenaQueen
TheCreationistPfalcon1318Tied
Reasons for voting decision: TheCreationist had no valid arguments and was unable to refute anything Pfalcon1318 said