vi_spex
Betsy123

god is false

Betsy123

vi_spex

Pro

only know is true, and i dont know god

know=physical experience
Betsy123

Con

First of all, God is not false. God is true. And secondly, as the Bible says 'No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.' Ok, as we see here no one has seen God, but one day we will see him and that is when Jesus comes back again. Ok, you said 'Only know is true, and I don't know God Know=physical experience meaning that you know God is true, but you don't know him physically. Well, there is a way to know him physically, but that is you having a relationship with God .What does it take to begin a relationship with God? Devote yourself to unselfish religious deeds? Become a better person so that God will accept you?

You may be surprised that none of those things will work. But God has made it very clear in the Bible how we can know Him.
'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.'
17 For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 He that believeth in Him is not condemned; but He that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.' and 'that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture saith,"Whosoever believeth in Him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich unto all who call upon Him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
and If you accept Jesus as your savior, the Bible clearly says 'Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.' So, there is a way to know him physically, because at the end when the LORD comes back the Bible says 'And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.' If you want to see God first accept Jesus and when the LORD comes back you will have the priviledge to see God.
vi_spex

Pro

only physical experience is true, and you just said i cant physically experience god, which Means god is never true, and therfore god is false

imagination is false, false=anywhere beyond my personal physical experience of now

only now is true, i know my experience of now

know negates faith, and you need faith, belief, to get into heaven according to the written words in the book
Betsy123

Con

Betsy123 forfeited this round.
Betsy123

Con

Betsy123 forfeited this round.
Betsy123

Con

God is the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being. You can't physically experience God if not you will die according to the Bible God says "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."
But if you want to see God, you have to accept Jesus. It is not imagination is faith according to the bible faith is 'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.' God is not false and you don't have to physically experience because you already have faith. God is true because the Bible clearly says 'For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.'
vi_spex

Pro

imagination is false

i have faith that a stone will drop on your head before you read this last word
Betsy123

Con

If you have faith why don't you believe in God?
Posted by n7natnat 1 year ago
n7natnat
Plus if God is the decider of all morality, then how come there's all thes different religions, philosophies, and moral codes that differ from your God's? If God was real, then everyone would of known about him since we derived from Adam and Eve. But when Erupoeans first discovered America, they found that the natives had never heard of God or Jesus. In fact, they had different values and morals from christianity and had no historical or archeological evidence to show that they had before, but just got rid of God. They had no idea that there was a jesus God, christian god, Allah, or etc. If morality and the concept of rift and wrong came from when we are from the tree of knowledge and that ability is supposed to of passed through the generations, then how come not everyone sees right and wrong the same? Even well known christian Pastor Andy Stanley points this out in his book "How Good is Good Enough" when he give athe example that a tribe in Africa believed the moral thing was to lie, cheat, and steal from each other. When they were told the story of how judas betrayed Jesus, they all clapped and cheered when Judas gave up Jesus for money. HOW COULD THAT BE????? We're all supposed to have an inherent knowledge to tell right from wrong. How could it be this way then???????? We ate from the tree, we're supposed to see right and wrong like God. If the tribe saw that betrayal was good and the tribe sees right and wrong like God since the ability was passed down, does that mean God sees betrayal as good as well????? And terrorist thing it's good to kill infidels. Since they're supposed to see right and wrong like God cause the ability was passed down, does God see it as good to kill people too???? When we ate from the tree, we were supposed to see right and wrong like God. But since morality is abstract and subjective, does that mean God is too??????? Cause if God was real, he'd be a really fucked up individual if all of this was right "and" wrong.
Posted by n7natnat 1 year ago
n7natnat
And plus it still is contradictory. One moment God is glad with his "perfect" creation. The next moment he's not. But how could something that was made perfect and deemed good by God suddenly go imperfect and bad? Genesis 1:31 and Genesis 6:6
Posted by n7natnat 1 year ago
n7natnat
Okay then. Can't judge Ya yet. Don't know what you believe, so I'm not gonna try and contradict points I don't know you will make yet. But I'll let you know that I am atheist with existential and nihilistic ideals.
Posted by eli845 1 year ago
eli845
@betsy123 very well said. And again I never said pro or con about that. I have not stated my view regarding that
Posted by Betsy123 1 year ago
Betsy123
@eli845 Yes The Bible says Moses saw God face to face, but the Bible is not contradictory because when the Bible talks about Moses seeing God face to face, Exodus 33:11 'And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.' later on you see on the Bible on Exodus 33:20-23 Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.' So, the Bible is not contradictory. The only way someone could see God's face is when we go to heaven.
Posted by eli845 1 year ago
eli845
To start I never said anything about the bible I never said what my beliefs are regarding religion and the bible. and yes you do have a valid point. I wish we can talk in private some more being that you sound smart :)
Posted by n7natnat 1 year ago
n7natnat
Oh and also your bible is contradictory. It actually says that God could be seen, then the next moment he can't be seen. Sooooo what is it? Can he or can he not be seen? I got the verses too. Here's the one where he has a "face to face" talk with Moses: Exodus 33:11 And this is where John says that no one has ever seen God: John 1:18. Hmmmmmm weird, Moses said he saw God face to face tho, but John says he can never be seen. How does that work? IS MOSES A LIAR??????
Posted by n7natnat 1 year ago
n7natnat
Yea con guy, your not going to get anywhere with spex lol. I'm atheist too, but he's just realllly dumb lol
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you have to spend time in nature to find the unicorn you believe you will find out there one day
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
god is not unicorns?
Vote Placed by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
vi_spexBetsy123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con forfeited twice and pro still couldnt put up a good argument, wihch is quite pathetic if you think about it