backwardseden
WCBC15

god is immoral and hates, he hates children a primary focus, but also hates women, gays, animals

WCBC15 has forfeited round #5.

backwardseden

Pro

Why should I or anyone believe in a god that hates more than half the planet, especially children? Hey god even hates women, gays and raped women. So that's more, a lot more than half the fricken planet!

* This debate will ultimately prove that god hates, and especially hates children through improper verses geared towards them in the bible.
* This debate will also show that god hates other peoples such as women, gays, and raped women.
* This debate will also show (should it get that far) animals, especially cows with all his demands of sacrifices and murders which is nothing more than animal abuse at its finest.
* Yep, god on the silver screen of dementia hates more than half the planet of humans.

Please do not in any way state that I am taking the verses out of context, because then you would be asked to prove it through chapters and verses only in your bible in which you cannot do. You would also be asked how the verses are so-called “love” in a book that is supposed to be about love. Well sorry, the bible and god ultimately is about hate.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror.” - Richard Dawkins

Before we begin, if someone were not well versed in the bible and they were to read the verses listed below, and or some of the verses that I am about to post through this debate, they would rightly be repulsed, offended, run for the toilet and vomit, or they would be insane and love it. Ready?

Lamentations 4: 9-11 "9 They that be slain with the sword are better than they that be slain with hunger: for these pine away, stricken through for want of the fruits of the field. 10 The hands of the pitiful women have sodden their own children: they were their meat in the destruction of the daughter of my people. 11 The LORD hath accomplished his fury; he hath poured out his fierce anger, and hath kindled a fire in Zion, and it hath devoured the foundations thereof."
Wow children used for deliberate sickened cannibalism? Only in the sickest book ever printed.

Matthew 10:37 “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
So this jesus character, in which there absolutely no proof for having ever existing just like god, now I’m not saying that they both haven’t, I’m saying there’s no proof and there isn’t, is hating the family structure and putting himself above the family and every single person in it, because he’s a simpleton cow minded egotist, just like his heavenly father choking on gasoline and gamma ray bursts for unsolved happiness, god.

Judges 21:10 “And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.”Well the woman and the children could have been left out. Duh.

2 Samuel 12: 11-14 "11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun. 13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die." From http://www.evilbible.com... "[The child dies seven days later.] This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick!"

Numbers 31: 17-18 “17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.”---- a different translation ----
Numbers 31:17-18 "Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."
Well the entire chapter of Numbers 31 proves god’s true hate. But we can narrow it down to a few verses in it. So save all the virgins so they can become devirginized without having been married. Well wow, give power, fear and control to the men, naturally, and as always it is the girls/ children especially that have to suffer through the most despicable of suffering and pain because that is how the maggoty god wants it.

Leviticus 26:21-22 “21And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.”
“rob you of your children”???? If that isn’t the most evil of things, what truly is? For what purpose does this solve? What does any of this solve? Where do you dream up these nasty vile things you pathetic meandering nothingness bile worthless hamster god from the toilet?

Hosea 13:16 “Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.”
So fricken what if she rebelled against her god? I would not only rebel, I’d spit in god’s pitiful little nutcracker and dance all over them to these set of circumstances in which no one can or should follow especially in those shallow and hollow times in the desert. Regardless, worshiping wrongly according to any fricken supreme deity is not a reason, not ever, to be pregnant and thus be gutted. But once again, what can one expect from the most horrific and truly sickest and batbrain gone bible from the universe that nobody should believe in because of verses like these in which no one can possibly understand realistically? Its a sore thumb verse that no supreme deity would ever issue, especially if he's supposed to be loving = NOT!!!
Ah yes classe’, yep that’s yet another fine example, one of many, in the truly auspicious bible of an example of an abortion. Yet strangely christians are so miserably against abortions. Yet they send their tractor trailers in a low life melancholy effort to defeat it. Now why is this?

Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”
Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."
Mark 7:10 “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:”
Hmmm, now this is repeated 4 times or more depending on how you look at it from the fatalistic suffering bible that sewers its rigor mortis. So it must be pretty important. Well how many curse at their parents? So children should all die because they do this god given specialty? Hmmmm, well what about if parents curse at children? What then? Oh I get it, nothing is supposed to happen. Or better yet, what happens if parents rape, beat and torture children? Again, nothing. There’s nothing in the bible that shows that parents cannot abuse their children from vicious unsheltered attacks of brutality. Children after all are completely defenseless. And in the bible there’s nothing to defend from a parent’s or anyone’s onslaught. In other words, god---hates---children. Even worse is that nearly every time children don’t know the “why” as to that they are suffering. All they know is that they are suffering.

Psalms: 137: 9 “Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”
That’s a pretty famous one that nearly every atheist uses in composing a debate like this. And rightly they, like myself should. So what if its a happy “song”? Big fricken deal. That doesn’t solve the sickened problem of dashing thy little ones against the stones.

Summary:
In other words, god’s bloated ego should have been shattered and as an example with his stunning brutality in which there’s no reason for it.
His 10 commandments in which 4 of them are geared towards his self righteous armpit coughed upped sickened diseased blubbering ego, well at least 1 of the 10 commandments should have been “thou shalt always honor and protect children” or something of that nature are a prime example, is obviously required and needed out of necessity and would thus allow children to live happier lives than from what they are living now under christian rule with no moral conducting mechanism. But no. The blubbering manic that god clearly is, is only interested in himself. A supreme deity that is interested in only himself and thus degrading children in the process, this proves hate especially in verse after verse after verse through immoral degradation especially through children, well its time to oust god for obvious reasons.

god knowingly and supposedly continues to create children, in which case there’s no proof that he even exists, to be raped and be beaten at the hands of their abusers. To knowingly create children to suffer is 100% pure evil and is based on hate. You cannot get more evil and hate more if you wanted to.
WCBC15

Con

First off I want to thank you for posting a challenge like this. I assume since you are a "free thinker" youll be open to the evidence and the logical implications and realities if there is a God. Before I begin I would like to state that in order to make a challenge on the bible , or any piece of literature, proper hermeneutics must be applied. So you stating I cant claim "youre taking verses out of context" is not a reasonable request.

If someone doesn't know proper hermeneutics or how to literarily read any sort of text then ones interpretation can be wrong, like often done by skeptics.

Few things need to be laid out before we can even get into scripture that I think atheist , because the presuppose their worldview onto the bible, tend to ignore.

1. The idea that God is sovereign over the entire universe is something that is most important (Psalms 115:3)"Our God is in the heavens and does whatsoever He pleases. (Romans 9:14-18) 14"What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! 15"For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." 16"So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy...18"So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills."
The implications that if there is a God, whether God is as described in any beliefs system where a Supreme being is or in the bible, is that God owns and can do whatever it wants. Atheist do this very same thing because under their worldview man is the ultimate arbiter of morality as illustrated by this debate. The question is who is sovereign humans or God?

2. Your view of humans and animals are higher than God whether you realize it or not. Now this may seem like a conceding point but again you have to realize the implications given if God as described in the bible is correct. Mankind ,which can be seen in reality, are not innocent in the strictest use of the word. Biblically there is no one good apart from God. Let me illustrate "Jeremiah 17:9 - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?"; " Titus 1:15-16 - to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled."; "Ecclesiastes 9:3 - Also, the hearts of the children of man are full of evil, and madness is in their hearts while they live, and after that they go to the dead.". Your main problem with the verses that you bring up is that you just assume that the people judged were inherently innocent. In fact you use verses where people did wrong but ignore it and blame God. So the question is are we as humans inherently moral or biblically righteous?

3. You need to frame context, history, literature and culture properly to get a proper interpretation. You stated " if someone were not well versed in the bible and they were to read the verses listed below, and or some of the verses that I am about to post through this debate, they would rightly be repulsed, offended, run for the toilet and vomit" I think this happens quite often and that not a slight against the bible but rather peoples intellectual discipline. Sadly you prove this point by showing that the novice reader didn't go read the entire book/chapter, study the literary style in which its written or the historical context but rather came to the conclusion based on a false assumption that whatever the atheist said was right. Judging by the standards of proper hermeneutics you have illustrated the same lack of literary discipline but I hope since youre open minded youll see that. So the question is does proper hermeneutics or understanding literary/historical context matter?

4. You must understand that since God is the sovereign law giver, some things you may consider "hurtful" i.e ,saying God's original purpose for marriage was between one man and one woman, is actually considered love because God knowing all things knows best possible outcomes. You use verses that you don't know any context about to show how evil God is "Numbers 31:17-18" but in historical context those men and women were ruining the culture and pulling the people away from God with their pagan rituals.
"Numbers 31:17. Kill every male among the little ones " Which they were forbidden to do to other people, (Deuteronomy 20:14,) except the Canaanites, to whom this people had equalled themselves by their horrid crimes; and therefore it is not strange, nor unjust, that God, the supreme Lord of all men"s lives, who, as he gives them, so may take them away when he pleaseth, did equal them in the punishment. Kill every woman, &c." Partly for punishment, as having, in general, either prostituted themselves to the Israelites, or some way been accessary in enticing them to idolatry, in which they were so confirmed that there was no hope of reclaiming them; and partly for prevention of the like mischief in future; for had they been saved alive, they would probably have continued to lead the Israelites into the sin of fornication, and have poisoned their minds by their superstitions. The female children were to be spared, because, being young, there was some hope they might be reformed from idolatry, and become proselytes to the true religion. These they might have as -servants, or might marry them." -( Joseph Bensons commentary of the Old and New Testament).
Youre the perfect example how someone who may not understand how the bible was written and even more so how immoral people truly were. So the question is do you truly understand what biblical love is?

5. You need to fully understand the attributes of God. God is not only Love but also Just, mercy, truth, peace, wrath, reason etc. There are times where God does judge nations or particular people but if you actually read the entire bible in context and not cherry picked verses from sites that also has poor literary discipline then youll realize that God is more merciful. You can pick out any situation in the bible, whether its the Canaanites , Egypt or even Israel, God always first gives warning and sometimes this warning last over 400 years in the case of Canaan before He judges. He often gives different ultimatums like in the case of pharaoh. If we choose to do what we want then God will judge us accordingly whether it be with blessings or wrath. God shows his mercy throughout the entire old testament , which conveniently an atheist website will leave out to confuse the novice reader.

I believe if one will properly understand these few things they will come to the opposite conclusion of the instigator.
In the next round I will show just how the God in the bible is a Merciful God worthy to be praised.
backwardseden

Pro

Seasoned beatings. I mean greetings.

I genuinely hate the term "free thinker". But anything and everything is better than being considered a god worshiper with all the hate especially geared towards children.

Absolutely not am I open to the "evidence and the logical implications and realities if there is a God." because until you physically prove that there is a god, then there isn"t a god. So there is no logic, nor evidence. Your god is based on entirely faith and faith cannot be proved. So how do you prove something that is unproved? You can"t just pull something from the air as oh boy you have tried and claim that "this is this" and expect everybody to believe it. Also the verses that I have thus far posted are simplistic enough so that there"s no room for misinterpretation and again you have tried. But you did the most evil of things and you justified the hate especially towards children in which case there is no justification. Who cares if others worshiped differently? Oh but wait, your god does, the worst crime against him. Strange isn"t it that if a little girl was to be raped, beaten and tortured, naturally he"d turn his little cheek.
Isn"t it funny how atheists in general know a lot more about the bible than christians do? Also text is the absolute worst form of communication in which no supreme deity would ever communicate in. All that this debate is seeking to prove is the hatred of god. So absolutely I most certainly can make the claim that I am not taking the verses out of context. In fact you are. The verses are what they are, pure hate and many of them geared right at the gut of children with more to come.

"If someone doesn't know proper hermeneutics"" yadda yadda yadda did it ever dawn on you that your interpretations are wrong? And they are. You after all do not have any guidebook to prove yourself correct.

Now let"s get started"
Let"s only answer #1 without even reading it completely because its not required or needed. Only your first sentence is. And then the rest of the statement is doomed.
1. So what if god the idea that god is master, that he is sovereign, that he is king bile of ants taking a bite on the you know where areas as a source of pleasure? Big so what smiley faces on a picturesque bubbled black blank hole?
The hate is still there in all the books, chapters and verses no matter how hard you try to disguise them. And you do try hard. But it fails. All of the verses posted in the previous argument are still there with god"s hatred ranking supreme. So though I have read all of your statement, there are no implications for it and it falls neatly into the cow chirping muck of a dildo with walking wings. Again, the hate is still there. Where did it go? god still hates children, women, gays and loves raped women as much as ever, loves his genocides, evil, anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy etc according to the coughed up sickened diseased bible.

"is that God owns and can do whatever it wants." OK then god sucks as a role model and no one should look up to him for any reason, not ever. Especially that little killing thing of 2,821,364 and his hatred of children, women, gays, loving raped women etc. Well then that proves how bankrupt and immoral your god is. How many babies and children as an example did your god murder in the great flood as an example? And you are somehow defending this trash? There"s no defense for it. Not ever. Nor can you justify it. Not ever.
"Atheist do this very same thing"." Oh no we don"t. Atheists do nothing of the kind because we do not provide the hate. Your god does. Got it?

2. Human and animals are higher than god because you have to remember than you still have to prove that your god physically exists. So don"t automatically assume anything. Well the implications in the bible are not correct. You still have yet to prove anything.

"Biblically there is no one good apart from God." Well who ever assumed that god is good? Oh I get christians that do not read their hateful bibles do.
"Your main problem with the verses that you bring up is that you just assume that the people judged were inherently innocent." CHILDREN ARE INHERENTLY INNOCENT!!!!!!! And everybody is born an atheist. You have to be taught your wormring christianity. Now what happens if you are taught INHERENTLY WRONGLY? And there"s not one christian that is taught right because all bibles are mistranslations. Not one of them read today is a correct version and read properly. Not one.
"In fact you use verses where people did wrong but ignore it and blame God." Really? According to what? You? How would you know? What grade of snot meat sow graduation party have you graduated from in order to make this statement? Now you go right ahead and you prove it. In fact you are 100% wrong and you know it, you are inventing excuses because you are at a complete dead end.
Now you go right ahead and you prove, for each verse how I am taking all of the verses out of context.
"So the question is are we as humans inherently moral or biblically righteous?" No the question is, is how badly have YOU misinterpreted?

3. "You need to"" I don"t need to do anything especially when god gears so much hatred towards children and you cannot prove otherwise.
Read what book? There"s absolutely no such thing as reading the entire bible and accepting it as the entire bible because of its thousands of hypocritical contradictions, the fact that no god/ supreme deity would ever put some rules, regulations and laws into effect, that no god/ supreme deity would ever have the need for so much hate, especially towards children, because there were so so so many scribes, because it was written over thousands of years, because at the time of christ and those that were with him nobody could read or write, that there are so many things/ verses/ chapters/ whatevers in the bible that are proven wrong etc etc etc etc. So any reader of intelligence would put it down and not even get passed genesis. Would you care to try again? This time invent better excuses please.

"Not lets appear to the Chinese where people can read and write and study evidence and have a civilization, lets go to the desert and have another revelation there. This is nonsense. It can"t be believed by a thinking person." Christopher Hitchens

"Sadly you prove this point by showing that the novice reader didn't go read the entire book/chapter, study the literary style"" Well you most certainly didn"t. Wow.
https://www.youtube.com... The bible"s buried Secrets. Start at 13:00. Sheesh. And PBS"s Nova knows one helluva lot better than you. As the matter of fact by this proof, it proves that you in fact know nothing of your bible. If I see crap like this again and you think that I am in err without evidence, I will end this debate and declare myself the instant winner. No really, who do you think you are? You have no literary discipline. None and wow does it show.

Let"s move on and I am so p**sed at you now for you showing utter lack of not only evidence but an education and intelligence on the subject that you obviously claim to having knowledge upon. I hate that. And if you do that to your friends and loved ones, they go bye bye.
4. According to what is god the all mightiest law giver? Oh but wait, he broke his own laws. "Thou shalt not kill" but god kills. So I mustn"t understand anything coming from a contradictory hypocrite. Neither must anyone else. Its completely laughable to be laughed out of any record book.
I have thus far mentioned nothing about gays. But I post certainly can if you like especially since I live here in Orlando where 49 were massacred at The Pulse nightclub. And your god hates gays in the first place.
Getting off track, I noticed that you are pro gun. Do you really think that your lowly god has the time for your guns? Well hey he has the time for murder and genocides, and murdering innocent babies and children so why not?

I was taught Numbers 31 in college as one of the most evil vindictive pages to ever come across anything in any way in any print. And I 100% guarantee you that other colleges do the same thing along with other horrific chapters and verses in your sick little book.
"those men and women were ruining the culture and pulling the people away from God with their pagan rituals." So? They did not deserve to die in the way your bible describes. Nor did they deserve to die at all. Oh but wait, it only proves what I"ve been saying all along by gum, its HATE. And if you do not think so, then you need surgery on your cabbage batbrain.
Your excuses are miserable and truly pathetic. Oh I get it, and so does everybody else who would be the billions who do not follow your truly insane religion, they all deserved to be butchered by your god, just because they didn"t worship him? especially children who were INNOCENT AND DID NOTHING WRONG. Is that your unjustified stance? Its so easy to see why christianity is failing and fading all across the world except for in one country. Its because of people like you that actually defend this kind of slaughter.
OK since you think you are so smart: Deuteronomy 13 the entire chapter is pure evil. 9-10
"But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage." So you follow your insane wacko god"s laws and you come on down here and you stone me to death because I do not believe in your god and I am leading you astray. Whatsamatter you are not going to do it? Why not? Then you completely and utterly do not obey your silly little insane god because only insanity would create such laws rules and regulations and expect them to be followed. Ah yes, your god hates so so so much indeed.
WCBC15

Con

"Seasoned beatings. I mean greetings." I laughed out loud throughout your second argument at some of the corny things you have said and I don't mean that to be an Ad hom attack which you have done to me. I just find it cheesy and it makes for a good laugh.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle, Metaphysics" I use this quote to again entice you to actually lay aside your atheist presuppositions and think about the logical implications if there is a God. Keep this quote in mind because its important. You said "Absolutely not am I open to the "evidence and the logical implications and realities if there is a God." Putting your poor sentence structuring aside, if you are not willing to at least understand the implications if God exist then you wont be able to rightly understand arguments put forward.

So since you're not willing to entertain those implications , I'm going to actually press you on substantiating the claim that God is evil. You haven't actually shown objectively that anything God did was actually evil under a worldview where God doesn't exist. I want you to show OBJECTIVLY that the things done in the verses were ABSOLUTLY evil and show the best decision that could have been done for each verse you gave under the worldview of atheism. You've made claims that killing babies, gays, women, etc are evil but you actually have to show OBJECTIVLY and NECCESSARILY that its evil if there is no God.
I'm going to address some of your response below:
You state "until you physically prove that there is a god, then there isn"t a god." This assertion makes no sense 1. because God is "metaphysical" so you cant prove it "physically". (John 4:24 ESV) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.". 2. Just because a thing hasn't been proven ,this can go with anything, doesn't follow necessarily that it "doesn't exist" you'd have to show the opposite
I want you to physically show that love exist and if you cant then it doesn't exist and if it doest exist then you have no argument to be made going forward... Ill wait. . Evidence for God is not entirely based on faith and the bible is clear about this in Romans 1:19-20 "19For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Please don't tell me "atheist know more about the bible" but don't know the basics that God is a Spirit. This statement you made was comical as well "So how do you prove something that is unproved?" Well you give evidence to show what youre trying to prove should be considered fact or more probable than not. Its not hard at all.

Your theme ,and the theme of atheist, has been "who cares if they worshipped other gods". With that mentality I will assume you are actually ok with what they did and would have been ok with their practices had Israel been allowed to do them. So you yourself are ok with child sacrifice (Duet 12:31 "...The Lord hates what they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods." See! you HATE little boys and girls! and in fact you wished they would have been able to kill more by allowing the Israelites to do it! these are your words in regard to these text "So? They did not deserve to die in the way your bible describes. Nor did they deserve to die at all. " You actually support child sacrifice so please don't try and claim moral superiority!...Again you might want to study the Historical context because you'll look bad pretty quick. You brought up the flood and said its indefensible and said God "murdered". The definition of murder according to Mariam-Webster is " the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought" *https://www.merriam-webster.com...* So did God unjustly kill? (Genesis 6:5"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time") These people were evil but of course you support evil and this actually shows that God at times does not show grace and judges evil people.

Here you might want to check your self cause you say some pretty hateful things " Atheists do nothing of the kind because we do not provide the hate. Your god does. Got it?" then at the end of your third point you get pretty hateful and say "Let"s move on and I am so p**sed at you... I hate that. And if you do that to your friends and loved ones, they go bye bye." How could anyone trust that you do not hate when you contradict what you say atheist don't do? You continue your hate filled speech by attacking me by saying things like " you need surgery on your cabbage batbrain". So please explain why you have so much hate inside you and why you should be trusted with having some moral superiority?

Lastly on your response you say " So you follow your insane wacko god"s laws and you come on down here and you stone me to death because I do not believe in your god and I am leading you astray" Well your not leading me astray because actually know the difference between the Levitical law, Deuteronomic code, Holiness code, and dietary laws and also that they were only given for a certain group during a certain time period. Study Jeremiah 31 to get some context about the new covenant that was to be given. I'm never shocked that atheist try to throw out Old covenant laws to do a "gotcha!" move but what I am shocked by is how you still think you know more than a Christian who studies just the basics of the bible.

For you to show biblically that God is truly evil you would have to show that God broke his own law and you unintentionally attempt to show that by saying that God said "thou shalt not kill" but where you go wrong is that the Hebrew word is "murder". As shown previously to "murder" is to unjustly kill and I submit that you cannot provide any instance where God unjustly kills anyone.

Now I will show ,assuming God exist, that He is not evil but is Love.

Since children have been addressed thus far that's what I will address.
1 John 4:8 ""Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God...Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.(ESV). God in His nature is love. In fact if there were no God we wouldn't know what love is because there would be no standard by witch you could judge by. Now lets look at just a few verses to show Gods love.
Matthew !8:2-6 The disciples ask Jesus who is the greatest in heaven, notice Gods response:"2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Now if God hates kids please explain why He uses a child as an example of what someone needs to be like to enter heaven?

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.(Matthew 18:10 ESV) If God hates children why would he tell others NOT to despise them?

"Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.(Mark 10:13-16 ESV) Notice God says FOR SUCH BELONG IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. God is telling the people around him that children are the most accepted in heaven!

Ephesians 2:4 - But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,.. Most verses that were given by pro those people mentioned were given hundreds of years of mercy before being judged.

I contend that God is the definition of Love if we assume God exist because His nature is love.
backwardseden

Pro

Seasoned bleedings, breedings, feastings, feelings, creamings, creadings, dreamings, meanings, meanies, peelings, readings, seedlings, weeding,
How are you doing today? And if bad then you be honest and truthful with someone and not say "good" like early all icold cuts in the world and flat out lie as you do to gain attention with your obvious misinterpretations of the bible and god and you know it, you say something like "miserable I"m breathing" as I always say to knock people off of their rockers.
But I am glad that you got a good laugh. Of course its cheese. I mean how can you possibly, or how can anyone take god seriously with all the hatred that he represents in his bible in which no supreme deity would ever require or represent? Especially when its geared towards children? Oh yeah indeed your god is clearly man made.
Btw, I REALLY don"t care about my Ingles le sentence structuring. So wat (a true masterpiece by a truly great band Laibach btw), if my sentencing is incorrect. Well if you are going to be that way about it, read your bible.
Now get this and get it good" god does NOT exist. We both know this. OK? Got it? That is well known because you cannot physically prove him/ whatever it happens to be. And until you do, not only does that prove you to be amazingly gullible and thus you"d believe in anything that the poopy doll hits the fun fan, you"d believe in anything. Hey you are probably the one in every quarter of the world that doesn"t know that the earth orbits the sun. So you have nothing to show. Nothing. Show me something tangible from your god. Anything will do. Why does your god hide? Especially with his superior massively super bloated ego complex? Um no he"d spread that ego so far along the wide stretches of this planet that he"d enslave this entire planet with his ridiculous commandments that cannot possibly be followed. And I know you don"t follow them either. Now if you could prove this god of yours, then why haven"t you? I"ll tell you why" its because he doesn't exist and there"s no evidence for him that he does. No proof. Nothing. It is the mere belief in this failed and fragile god that causes all this hatred, evil, anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy. Yeah right. Jealousy. Jealousy from a so-called supreme deity? And then this supreme deity neatly passed down all these emotions down to man so man could learn to hate. Great going god of the bible. Well actually its the bible. Oh yes at least 1 billion have died all in the supposed "good" name of god since his man made inception. And its going to get much worse if revelation is played out by some maniac. Oh yes, a belief can create one helluva lot. Look up Hong Xiuquan as an example. But I know that the coward that you are won"t.
Now how can anyone who is educated and intelligent entertain the absolute fact that your god isn"t evil? Hey he even admitted it several times in YOUR ridiculous bible. So you can press me all you want. It will only show you to be the happy hairy hard off that you clear are.
Here is YOUR god freely admitting in YOUR bible that he is evil...
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

2 Samuel 12:11-14 11 "Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun. 13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die" from theevilbible.com [The child dies seven days later.] This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick!

1KI 22: 22-23 "And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. 23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee."
2 Chronicles 18:22,"Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee."

Lamentations 3:38 "Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?"

Jeremiah 18:11 "Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good."

Jeremiah 19:3 "And say, Hear ye the word of the LORD, O kings of Judah, and inhabitants of Jerusalem; Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, the which whosoever heareth, his ears shall tingle."

Jeremiah 19:15 "Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil that I have pronounced against it, because they have hardened their necks, that they might not hear my words."

Jeremiah 23:12 "Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the LORD."

Amos 3:6 "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

Deuteronomy 30: 15 "See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;"

2 Kings 22:16 "Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah hath read:"

2 Kings 22:20 "Behold therefore, I will gather thee unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy grave in peace; and thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place.

So I guess that now you"ve been proven WRONG as always, that this god of yours freely admits that he is evil and bent on hate, you are not going to take your god at his word as always? Now suppose you and a friend of your were to be talking and you were to lie to him as much as god clearly does, do you really think that this friend of yours is going your friend? So since you obviously believe that this god of yours lies, then he must be ousted immediately. Its either that or you take your god at his word and he is evil, has anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy in which proves him to be imperfect, so that right there is a call for this god who doesn"t exist, is only a belief, to be ousted immediately. Got it? .

So now we can move on to what you stated. Since you do not believe that your god hates children, wat (a masterpiece album by one of the greatest bands of all time - Laibach) on earth do you believe? That the verses shown were, love, kindness and care? See, it is ONLY christians that think that way. Only christians. No one else. And its not too many. Oh and btw, I don"t need to show anything, because no one will agree with you except for a small handful of christians.
I really can"t help you because if you do not think that the verses previously posted are 100% pure evil and is based on hate, then something is seriously wrong with you and you need some serious help and you are morally bankrupt and corrupt and you obviously do not know what the flying pregnant fetus screw you are squawking about. Here"s something for you. Why don"t you go right out and put into effect those verses and see how far you get? You"d be strung up so ridiculously high but you butternut pretzel insane-o-rama that your beefcake cheezewhize you somehow call a yodeling Buddhist monk brain, the grunge you play would turn to country western classical opera Japanese flute.

Then you mention "truth"
"Sure and captain Kirk asked god why he needed a spaceship. You can"t go to the bible and say what the bible says. Because then the next question is "why do you believe the bible to be true?" If your source of truth is the bible you"ve already lost." Matt Dillahunty

"If you care about something is true, faith has no place. Your faith is indistinguishable from the faith of the people"s of those who disagree with you. Its not a path to truth. Faith is accepting something. Faith is gullibility. Faith is the reason, the excuse people give when they don"t have a good reason. I"m talking about how do we find a good reason. And if your only answer is "well the bible says so, or you just have to have faith", then you"ve demonstrated that you are not actually concerned whether its true." Matt Dillahunty

Yep who cares if they worshiped other gods? THAT"S NOT A CRIME. Strange isn"t it in only the little small barking land of god, it was the ultimate crime. You"d figure that raping and torturing a 6 year old girl them dismembering her so she screams at the top of her lung power and then being murdered would take precedence. But no. That"s not how things are in YOUR god"s world. In fact your god truly loves raped women. But alas you probably don"t even know that.
And you are a truly sick and demented individual that you think that something like the great flood, which never happened, was perfectly great and awesome an cool bro! Ah yes, the biggest genocide of all time. Innocent children and babies sucking their mothers nipples were innocently snuffed out for no reason at all. And your sick little mind would somehow defend.

I'm out of space
WCBC15

Con

You still haven't shown why ,if your interpretation is correct, anything God did was ABSOLUTLEY evil or just your opinion. All you said is killing is bad without any reason behind it under a natruralist view. The reason why you literally didn't respond to my objections is because you cant. I want you to physically prove love or hate and if you cant then it doesn't exist ,by your reasoning, therefore you lose the debate. Do you hate me? because you said that you were pissed and full of hate, how could I trust you if you yourself are full of hate? Please own up to that. Why do you continuously support child sacrifice? Did you not read how the people you support put babies in heated metal idols and watched them burn alive? See that's your morals.

You say I make "obvious misinterpretations". You have yet to 1. provide any type of context whether historical or cultural to any verse 2. How did I misinterpret? You cant make claims without backing them up. You say" That is well known because you cannot physically prove him" Again you cant prove metaphysics ,physically because it would then cease to be so. Remember God is a spirit...can you atleast understand that? You say "Now if you could prove this god of yours, then why haven"t you?" cause that's not the debate, try to stay focused.
"So you can press me all you want. It will only show you to be the happy hairy hard off that you clear are." There's a level of maturity and respect I expect and this is appalling. If you say something vulgar like this again ill report you on it. So tell me about that awesome moral compass you as an atheist have? why should I trust that you know what love is when you talk like that to people you disagree with over the internet.

Ill breakdown your verses in a few ways:
1. As always understanding that God is sovereign and just. Most of the verses you bring up God is judging a person or a nation for there moral evil. 2. The Hebrew word for evil "Rah" is often used as a natural disaster not something moral.3. God never in any of the verses that He is "evil" as you say he admits. So lets break em down.

Isaiah 45:7 is a go to verse and I love how the KJV is ALWAYS used and why you ask? Well its simple because it pushes atheist already held beliefs. If you study the Hebrew word "Rah" that is used in the verse it is talking about natural causes. In fact the entire verse and the one previous are referring to the physical not spiritual/moral. The Hebrew word for sin is Kattawaw which is a moral term.(http://www.teachingtheword.org...) If you want to understand the Hebrew word for evil and how its used in verses there a numerous bible study tools one can use. Just a word of advise "evilbible.com" is not a bible study tool.

2 Samuel 12:11-14. You've once again shown your lack of literary discipline by not understanding the context...or either you are for adultery and murder. David had got Uriahs wife pregnant while was at battle and (David) rather than confess to Uriah =, he had him moved to the front lines of battle and was killed. God did judge David but it was justified... unless youre ok with murder. The IRONY in you using verse is that God showed mercy to David...the murderer.(The LORD also hath put away thy [David] sin)

I'm not even sure why you used 1 Kings 22 because in verse 21 it specifically says it was a different spirit that lied to them but God allowed it. That's why you actually need to read the context instead of copy/paste.

You don't even give an explanation for Lamentations 3:38 but I'm glad you brought it up! First off the writer is asking a hypothetical question not making a declaration. You really need to read the context because you hurt yourself with this copy/paste. Lets look at some quotes that prove Gods love and mercies from the chapter you chose to copy/paste. "22
It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not." "25
The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him." "32
But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies." I'm not sure what you were trying to prove with that but it failed.

The verses in Jeremiah and 2 Kings 22 are talking about judgment against nations that have done wrong. Yoou have to understand that when you actually get into deep bible study its not enough to pull up an atheist website or use an atheist quote. In fact that's the opposite of what you should do in debate. The Hebrew word used in Jeremiah 19 is rah which means calamity (http://www.studylight.org...).

"So I guess that now you"ve been proven WRONG as always" All you proved is that your copy/paste game needs improvement. "Oh and btw, I don"t need to show anything, because no one will agree with you except for a small handful of Christians" That's not how debates work. Even if no one agreed with me you still have to prove your point. At least I can make arguments whereas youre backing out of every burden of proof.

"Yep who cares if they worshiped other gods? THAT"S NOT A CRIME"...so youre in effect saying them burning their own children is not a crime? "Duet 12:31 "...The Lord hates what they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods." Tell me again why you are the moral arbiter if you think burning children is ok? The irony is that this verse says God hates it but you say its ok! I love how clueless but so sure of yourself you are.

I'm going to make another point of Gods innate goodness:
2 Samuel 10:12 NIV "Be strong, and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The LORD will do what is good in his sight."

"Job 34:12 NIV 12 It is unthinkable that God would do wrong, that the Almighty would pervert justice"

"Isaiah 31:2 NIV 2 Yet he too is wise and can bring disaster; he does not take back his words. He will rise up against that wicked nation, against those who help evildoers. "

Ive been clear in stating that God is Love but also He is just and so the verses typically brought up are verses where God is judging morally evil people. So what ends up happing is the atheist , consciously or unconsciously , has to make either God or the nations be innocent. Well since they come into the debate with the presumption that God is evil they take the opposing side. When they do that they don't realize all they are doing is siding with actual evil.
backwardseden

Pro

1. I stopped reading after "You still haven't shown why ," because I have. Only a complete buffoon with absolutely no edumacation nor intelligence would not get it and not know the why. But you, with your stunning brilliance, obviously, and rather clearly you do not have any genuine friends or loved ones. None. What do I mean by genuine? Those that will go way way wayyyyyyy out of their way to help you out in time of dire need and never ask you a single question. For that I cannot even pity you. But you deserve it. And you did it to yourself. And the way things are going you will die alone, bitter, and lonely.
2. If you were to repeat anything in your bible that I have quoted to you from your god as being righteous, just and loving as you obviously assume that they are, to anyone and I do mean anyone, especially to the highest in the land, namely the supreme court, and you would make any attempt to plead your case, take one lucky guess at what would happen to you with such kind loving, caring, insatiable verses? Duh.
3. I also know that with that opening ridiculous statement of yours on this argument especially, that all you are trying to do is bait me into your nonsensical contemptible little game that only children play in a meager attempt to get a rise out of their so-called opponents.
Because of those 3 things, I"ve won the debate.
WCBC15

Con

1. Show me where you showed physical evidence of love and hate? Show me where you clearly showed why killing men, women and children is absolutely and objectively evil? You assume what you're trying to prove. You assume that all these things are evil and judge God but never establish what the basis of morality is aside from God. You never showed any objection or response to a SINGLE verse that I presented. You didn't even to make an attempt to rebut the Hebrew word "Rah" used in every verse you gave. You NEVER gave a single bit of context for any verse likewise you never refute the context I give for the verses you bring up or the ones I bring up. You never addressed the fact that you said "Atheist don't bring the hate" but you ,as an atheist, have been the only one to say hateful things. You NEVER addressed the fact that by saying the people in the verses you mentioned didn't deserve to be judged you support the burning and torturing of babies these people did in their religion.

2. " If you were to repeat anything in your bible that I have quoted to you from your god " Its almost as if you or those who continue to use this train of thought ,don't actually challenge their own beliefs but repeat what other atheist say. If I repeated anything it wouldn't make any sense 1. because allot of those nations don't exist anymore 2. God gave them for a specific time and to a specific nation not for any person at any time. 3. I would be acting of my own will so it wouldn't even prove your point. Let me give you a good illustration of how this debate is going down. In Mississippi on Monday three teens stole a Toyota camry in a Kroger parking lot at 1:15 In the morning. Whether or not they knew it, a 6 year old was in the car and as they ditched the car they shot the 6 year old in the back of the head. (http://www.foxnews.com...)
Now me knowing the case I would tell the teens they deserve the death penalty because they committed murder and to make it worse a 6 year old. In comparison, which will fall short in areas because in not God and the mercy factor isn't considered, every verse you gave that wasn't about "evil" (Rah) God was judging a murderous, thieving and immoral country. You on the other hand would come in the court room not knowing any facts of the case but just see my judgment and disagree cause the punishment seemed to harsh. Consequently you would let the teen go free where they would possibly commit more crimes including murder.

3. Any charge I have held against you has been on the point of the debate unlike you have oft tried to shift the debate into a "prove that God exist" debate numerous times. All I'm asking you to do is back up your claims that you make and prove context like I have done. Its not hard at all, they actually have these things called biblical commentaries where you can compare and see the most consistent contextual interpretations to come to the best conclusion.

I don't think you know how debates work. First you have to complete every round and you don't get to decide if you win or not, its other people. Cause I could easily say I won the debate.

Continuing my case that God is not evil.
James 1:13 (Esv) states "Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one." The greek word "evil" used here is Kakos and according to "Strongs dictionary" it means "(subjectively) depraved, or (objectively) injurious: - bad, evil, harm, ill, noisome, wicked. This verse insinuates that God in His nature is not evil because hes not like humans. Not only can He not be evil but He doesn't tempt anyone to do wrong. You have yet to show a verse that explicitly says that God by nature is evil. You tried but failed because you used a word that didn't mean moral evil or you just assumed He is evil because he judged actual evil.
backwardseden

Pro

Wow. Let me ask you this question… do you bore yourself to sleep during a nuclear war?

1. As proved within the verses in argument #1, god is pure evil and hate. If you don’t think so that’s not my problem, that’s yours. And I am not going to go back and forth like a child’s game with this with you anymore. No one except for cheezy airhead precious few christians will ever take your side. No one.
Now just because you are a dimwitted duallard snot meat sow that doesn’t understand what evil and hate is, that’s not my problem for me to interpret it for you, because I am not your preschool teacher. Strange isn’t it that nearly 100% of all those that read those verses are shocked beyond belief, and strange also that with the 25,000 or so that I’ve talked with they are more that horrified also. If you are not, again, that not my problem, that’s yours. But then again you are a christian who’s god loves genocide, kills on a whim for no reason at all, bankrupts his prophets and lies to them, loves women who become raped, loves his anger, his wrath, his vengeance, his rage, his fury and the biggie his jealousy. Ah yes, jealousy, the absolute furthest thing from perfection. Jealousy is nothing more than anger as disguised fear. And even worse is this god of yours gave us all these emotions to tangle with so in turn we could learn to hate. Way to go god. Way to go with your ignorance in believing in him.
But alas you must think that killing men, women and children is absolutely and objectively wonderful and filled with greenpeace honey.

I don’t assume anything. They are evil and bent on hate caused by your god. And if I detect any more of your stupid little banters, I will end this debate and flatly declare myself the winner because you 100% know that you are wrong and you flatly 100% know that all you are trying to do is to bait me and get me into a furious rage because that is how a game playing child like you gets off.

“You never showed any objection or response to a SINGLE verse that I presented.” What exactly did I tell you in my previous argument? Now you go right ahead and you reread it.
Now let’s get something nice and sparking clear… I---don’t---care about the verses you bring up because they are all null and void when it comes to the verses that your god spews out because he is completely immoral. Everything you come up with is completely irrelevant on the grand scale of things and I 100% know that that p**ses you off that I will not even give them a shot. Good! Let it. Perhaps if you had some intelligence with a little bit of a lemony twist of an edumacation, and perhaps if you were to present me with some actual evidence in which I 100% know that you can’t, I might be able to give you a proper hearing. But this is round 5 and you are wayyyyyyyyyyy behind.
Atheists don’t bring the hate because they don’t have any reason to. christians have all the reason to as prescribed in their bible and as ORDERED by their god. But do you read your bible as nearly 100% of those claiming to be christians don’t? Obviously not.
I don’t say hateful things. I’m simply being real. And if you don’t like it, leave. I’m not here to please a very lonely person like you who clearly has no genuine friends or loved ones like you. What do I mean by genuine? Those that would go way way wayyyyyyyyy out of their way to help you out in time of dire need and never ask you a single question. For that I can’t even pity you. But you did it to yourself. And you deserve it. And only you can change if you want to.
“You NEVER addressed the fact that by saying the people in the verses you mentioned didn't deserve to be judged you support the burning and torturing of babies these people did in their religion.” See, that’s why I truly hate talking with ignoramuses like you. If you cannot figure it out on your wee little lonesome, then you’ve got some serious problems. Still though. So what? It doesn’t change one god damned thing. Oh and btw, um no absolutely not do the verses I brought up deal with “didn't deserve to be judged you support the burning and torturing of babies these people did in their religion.” In fact most of them have 0 to do with that. But see you christians have a serious problem with doing something as wide and as vast as “reading”. Do you know what “reading” is? Now you go right back and you read those verses, K snookums? Because most are not what you claim. Invent better excuses, K. And again for the ones that do, so what? Do you believe that the children and babies in those verses deserved the savagery of what the verses stated? Y___? N___? If your answer is yes, then you are a savage and this conversation is over.

“If I repeated anything it wouldn't make any sense” Hey you said it, not me. So if I can’t make sense of what you are about to say on a first time reading, I am going to chuck it. After all, its not my job to interpret what you say. Got it? Especially if its spoken in gibberish. 1. Has nothing to do with anything. 2. Has nothing to do with anything. god’s laws still stand firm because nothing was changed by god. You can’t go around and change god’s laws, rules and regulations just because you want to, just to fit to your wants needs and desires. Who the f--- are you to do that? 3. You don’t have free will if you believe in god. Period. Now let’s simplify things because you really are a complete imbecile. I mean you fully understand that - correct? Your god knowingly created the 6 year old to be murdered and your god also knowingly created the teens to commit the murder. And he did it quadrillions of years in advance. If not then your god most certainly is not a god is not in control of everything, is not all knowing nor all powerful, is not omnipotent and most certainly is not perfect. So which is it? That or the complete opposite that your god is not a god and you worship stupidly. Now even worse is your god gives a greater value to the murderers because they are the pnes that murdered the 6 year old. The 6b year old didn't hasve any val;ue at all and was treated like scum by the teens and your god.

Tracie Harris “If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That’s the difference between me and your god. He watches and shuts the door and you go ahead and you rape that child and when your’re done I’m gonna punish you. If I did that people would think I’m a freakin’ monster.” Caller “(sounds like) Truthfully (continues) you portray that little girl as someone who is innocent when she’s as evil as…” CLICK Matt “Goodbye you piece of BLEEP!!!”

3. Until you can prove that your god physically exists, then you have nothing. There’s 0 evidence of any kind for his existence. There’s 0 tests that he’s passed to prove his existence. No tests passed. No evidence of any kind. No visuals of any kind. Nothing. All you have is a belief. And beliefs are wow worth more than all the terrors in the world especially if you believe in god and the bible as the bible is true terrorism. Just pick it up and read it in which case I 100% know that you haven’t.

Um yeah I know exactly how debates work. Its simple. I don’t argue with those who are nowhere near my intelligence quotient and you my boy are exactly that. You are so far under my radar, that the cowpie that jumped over the moon was a warm and fuzzy pink nightgown.

Oh goodie you found one verse that states that god is not evil. Did it come from god’s lips? No it didn’t. Therefore it is an invalid verse you dimwit. There are at least 20 verses where god himself does state that he is evil. But then again you do not take what your god says literally. You only take what you say literally. Just like all christians. *yawn* wow are you boring.

Summary
* I’m sorry but this debate has gotten to the point where my opponent comes across as a slap to the face as being completely unintelligent and very uneducated when it comes to the hard truth of things.
* My opponent believes, as precious few christians do, that its perfectly OK to murder children and babies because - well because of what? There is no because. There is no reasoning. Only a truly sick demented mind believes that it is perfectly OK to do this. Thus this proves my opponent to be completely immoral.
* It is very obvious that he has the mind of a child
* It is very obvious that he is here to offend me and get a rise out of me and play children’s games and is not out for a good debate. That simply doesn’t work.
* My opponent did not bring anything of value to the table
* My opponent did not bring any evidence to the table that is worth viewing or commenting on

Thus I do believe that I am the clear cut winner in this distasteful debate.
Posted by missmedic 8 months ago
missmedic
The primary teaching tools used in the bible are, guilt, shame, fear, and hatred. And it is all justified with faith. Faith required that you believe despite an absence of expected evidence or despite the presence of conflicting evidence.
But how do we detect lies?
Through the absence of expected evidence or the presence of conflicting evidence. The very things that faith demanded we disregard. Any supreme intelligence would know that a system that protected lies so efficiently Would lay humans open to just about any conceivable abuse. ....
Posted by shannon83 8 months ago
shannon83
Logically I think there is two ideas that can be pushed in a debate like this for one that god is a Totalitarian ruler. The verses in part one by the con side show this. Second is that interpretation cannot be done in a correct way. The number of Christian denominations alone show how not even the ones guided by the holy spirit seem to get the interpretations correct. Both point to a fact that like all religions Christianity is man made.
Posted by backwardseden 8 months ago
backwardseden
missmedic --- I became an atheist through a much different approach. But once i did, I stared to read the bible and I was truly horrified and shocked at the same time that "how could this evil nonsense that is just beyond anything that is fathomable actually make it to a book from 6,000 years ago and on and then people believe it?" And then with further readings over time of 40 years, and talking with approx. 25,000 I ask the same question. Only this time its much broader as god truly hates children with so many verses to prove it, hates gays, hates women, and loves raped women. Wow. This god hates a lot more than half the planet. This god freely admits that he's evil, has anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, jealousy. Jealousy? What from a supreme deity? All jealousy is, is anger as disguised fear. And even worse is according to this book, their god neatly passed down all these emotions down to man so in turn man could learn to hate with at least 1 billion dead on the battlefields alone all in the supposed "good" name of god. And what does all this prove? It proves that this god is imperfect. And why should I or anyone bow down to, worship or yield to an imperfect supreme deity? In fact no one should. I thought of that question 40 years ago. And to this day no one can answer that question.
Posted by backwardseden 8 months ago
backwardseden
WCBC15 --- I ran out of space in the argument section. But I can post more arguments in the comments section to keep this debate up and running if you like. But regardless, your failure to fully understand what hatred is, is your undoing. I mean who really cares if "those men and women were ruining the culture and pulling the people away from God with their pagan rituals." So fricken what? Oh I get it, in god's insane little clap trap world, that's the worst crime there is, even worse than raping a 6 year old little girl and torturing her? Now where are your senses of moral values? And really what does all this hatred teach people, anyone? What especially does it teach children?

"Now I am absolutely convinced that the main source of hatred in the world is religion and organized religion. Absolutely convinced of it. And I think it, religion, should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right." Christopher Hitchens
Posted by missmedic 8 months ago
missmedic
Reading the bible, especially the old testament is how I became a nonbeliever. God is a violent hateful killing machine, in the bible.
Posted by missmedic 8 months ago
missmedic
Posted by backwardseden 8 months ago
backwardseden
Perussi --- Do you truly believe in what you cannot prove?
Are you a believer in what you do not know?
Try some sword swallowing for your you know where areas to help you ease into the burping of your impatience so you don't have to repeat yourself 4 times like god and the bible does to get your points across the noodle finish lines.
Posted by shannon83 8 months ago
shannon83
Matthew 10:37 was bad enough, though reading some of the other verses seems harsh. It presents God as tyrannical from the verses presented. As for @Perussi I am not sure what being a scientist would have anything to do with it? All I saw from the author was verses and a interpretation of them. I saw no science presented.
Posted by Perussi 8 months ago
Perussi
"* Do you truly believe what you do not understand"

So.... you're a scientist?
Posted by Perussi 8 months ago
Perussi

So.... you're a scientist?