god is not intelligent

1truth has forfeited round #2.

There’s no intelligence in hate and evil which indeed was created by the belief in god. After all this so-called god could have created an era of peace, kindness, love, caring for each other, harmony, in which has never happened and will never happen. That’s NOT intelligent. That’s according to the bible. So this whatever god blatantly and obviously prefers his evil and hate in which he governs all too well. If he didn’t like or love all of this hate and evil that he knowingly creates, he wouldn’t knowingly create it. DUH. After all, take away the hate and evil that governs this who-knows-what god and he’s be out of a job. There’d be nothing for him to do. If there was only peace, harmony and love, this knee clap god would be bored to tears. There’d be no children to listen to as they SCREAM at the top of their lungs while daddy is raping them, there’d be no super infectious diseases to cure while mommy is lying like a slab of meat on the operating table trying to get that tumor out of her brain, there’d be no hurricanes to stop that kills off all running water so disease and infection can kill off an entire population, there’d be no brains are splattered on the carpet because daddy decides to go on a murderous rampage and kill his entire family for a sporting adventure. My what fun huh? Those are just some mighty fine examples of NO INTELLIGENCE behind this canned goods god. And yet no one can prove this wonderful He-Man god even exists.

“Stop making excuses for your holy book. It is an abomination. It encourages abomination. And the more you sacrifice your humanity and morality to make excuses like ‘well god really wanted people to love each other but they just wouldn’t so they just wanted to nudge them in the right direction by saying you can own people but don’t beat them too damn much.’ Its still a weaka$$ immoral god. And YOU are better than that. Stop making excuses for the immorality. Take responsibility for your life and realize that if a GOD tells you that you can own somebody, that GOD is a piece of s--t.” Matt Dillahunty

So your job... should you choose to take on this debate is to prove that this god according to the bible is intelligent in some way shape or form and is not hateful and evil (btw this god of your has freely admitted to being evil so that’s a pretty big strike against you POOF).

Before I begin, I noticed that pro spoke of his position as if it came from the scriptures. I also noticed that though he did this, he also did not provide any scriptures to back up his statements. I on the other hand, will show by the scriptures and evidence that the words I speak are correct, not because I want to win a debate, but because I want to help pro and everyone else understand the truth about God.

To begin, we must establish the authority of the scriptures as otherwise, there would be absolutely no point in this discussion. There are many forms of evidence for this, whether it be scriptural evidence, Hebrew and Greek linguistics of the surviving texts of the scriptures, Hebrew cultural understandings, scientific evidence, or historical evidence.

How can we be sure that the scriptures came from God? Though there were many human writers, the author is God by means of inspiration or Holy Spirit guiding their writings. (2 Timothy 3:16) Of course, there is much more that proves the authenticity of the scriptures as there must be more than a simple claim that it is from God. For one, the first 39 books, the Old Testament, was originally written in the Hebrew language. Further, the last 27 books were written in Greek by Christians in the first century. Inscribed into 66 books over a period of about 1600 years by many different writers from different backgrounds, it would have changed in not just text, but in even its most basic ideas. Not only that, but over time from 3000 years ago, would have been completely corrupted, or even forgotten if it were any other writing. However as we can see, even the canonical Dead Sea Scrolls show little change in the text, and its ideas are completely preserved. Having said this, there are scribal errors. However, this can be answered by the ancient process for preserving its texts, which is called in modern times, Textual Criticism.

Next, since pro claims that God is unintelligent, I will first provide some scriptures to prove otherwise, that not only is God intelligent, but is all knowing. The scriptures show from the very sequencial beginning in Genesis, that God is all knowing, as well as all powerful. This however, only deals with the beginning of the Earth. The original beginning came about in the creation of wisdom, which includes all of the scientific laws that hold the universe together. (Proverbs 8:22) Then, as further in the scriptures show, all other things were created in wisdom and by wisdom. (Proverbs 3:19)

Well yeah there is no intelligence in hate, evil, pain and suffering which does come from YOUR scriptures and YOUR god who hates children. That’s for starters. Here’s just a few examples…
Lamentations 4: 9-11 "They that be slain with the sword are better than they that be slain with hunger: for these pine away, stricken through for want of the fruits of the field. 10 The hands of the pitiful women have sodden their own children: they were their meat in the destruction of the daughter of my people. 11 The LORD hath accomplished his fury; he hath poured out his fierce anger, and hath kindled a fire in Zion, and it hath devoured the foundations thereof."

Matthew 10:37 “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”

Matthew 2:16 “Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.”

Judges 21:10 “And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.”

2 Samuel 12:11-14 11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun. 13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. From [The child dies seven days later.] This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick!

Deuteronomy 2:34 “And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:”
Numbers 31:17-18 “17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.”
---- a different translation ----
Numbers 31:17-18 "Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

Leviticus 26:21-22 “And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.” Rob you of your children?

Then YOUR god hates gays…
Leviticus 20:13 “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

Romans 1:26-32 “26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”

YOUR god hates women…
1 Timothy 2:11-15 “Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.”

1 Corinthians 14: 34-35 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

YOUR god ensues slavery…
The entire chapter of Exodus 21 and 21:21 is very nice
“Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.”
NIV 20-21 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.”

YOUR god hates anyone that doesn’t believe in him
2 Chronicles 15: 12-13 "And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; 13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman."

Deuteronomy the entire chapter 13 especially 9-10 Deuteronomy 17: 2-5 pretty much repeats itself.
“9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.”

Oh yeah, your god is all about hate, evil, pain and suffering and nothing but as proved above and I haven’t even gotten into how YOUR god loves raped women nor his genocides in which is also loving hate, evil, pain and suffering which is very unintelligent. But let’s dig into what you’ve got and see where it leads for the rest of this argument in which I will run out of space. Oh well. *yawn*.

“I on the other hand, will show by the scriptures and evidence that the words I speak are correct,” Well sorry, you have just been debunked. Btw, its not about “winning”. Its about what is right and wrong and about what is just. Only preschoolers want to “win”.

Really? You think you know “truth” about god? Um no. There’s absolutely no such thing.

“Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn’t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can’t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, the most important truth your’re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence?” Matt Dillahunty

“To begin, we must establish the authority of the scriptures” Well you don’t have it. Nobody does.
“If god is all knowing and he knows the future of all events and he wrote a book that can only be interpreted as if it endorses slavery and if its heinous violence against your children against your neighbors… how could a god be that omnipotent and devise a book where we can’t distinguish between the law of Israel and god’s law? I mean their interwoven where we have metaphor and fact and nobody can distinguish the two. We don’t know what we’re supposed to take figuratively. We don’t know what we’re supposed to take literally. Was it actually a tree? I mean come on. How can anyone distinguish this. I mean come on. It doesn’t make any sense. It doesn’t matter how its translated. It doesn’t matter what version. If it was written by an omnipotent being there would be ONE VERSION. And there would be only ONE WAY to interpret it because it would be written well.” Aron Ra
Actually it wouldn’t be written at all. What’s wrong with your god comin’ down and talking to people? ‘Hey you know some of that stuff that’s in the book? I’m here to correct it.” Matt Dillahunty

“We have to rely on copies of copies of anonymous authors with no originals and the textural testimony to a miracle for example, there’s no amount of reports, anecdotal reports that is sufficient to justify in believing that actually happened as reported. And anything that would qualify as a god would clearly understand this and if it wanted to clearly convey this to people in a way that is believable would not be relying on ---TEXT--- to do so. And this to me is the nail in the coffin for christianity. The god that christians believe in is amazingly ---STUPID---!!! If it actually wants to achieve its goal by spreading its word to humanity by relying on text, by relying on languages that die off, by relying on anecdotal testimony, that’s not a pathway to truth. And anything that would qualify for a god would know this.which shows either god does not exist or doesn’t care enough about the people to understand the nature of evidence to actually present it. Now which of those two possibilities is accurate?” Matt Dillahunty

I'm out of space.
Posted by dsjpk5 4 months ago
I guess this is your way of saying you cannot answer my question.
Posted by backwardseden 4 months ago
"I have yet to find an example of a moral standard in your holy book that I find morally correct. Caller "Then if your moral standards are so superior to the living god, then convert me." Matt "My moral standard is superior to the character, in fact my moral standards are superior to almost any character in the bible. I have no problem with that. I"ve said it many times and explained it many times before. I could maybe rattle off a list of sins." "Matt hasn"t killed anybody. How"s about that?" Yeah. I think anybody who advocates slavery is morally inferior. I think anybody that advocates genocide and slaughter is morally inferior. I think anybody that advocates infinite punishishment for finite crimes and deeds is morally inferior. I think anybody that is omniscient and omnipotent and omnibenevolent who creates a society to knowing that people are not going to be able to live up to his standards spends an eternity punishing them or spends many thousands of years punishing them trying to correct his mistakes over and over again he creates Adam and Eve they fail he banishes them out of the garden then there"s the tower of babel then there"s the flood there"s well actually there"s the flood then the tower of babel, sorry I got that backwards, its failure after failure after failure after failure after failure and then finally it culminates. And the only loophole that the creator of all the laws of the universe can come up with, why didn"t he just forgive everybody or change the laws? But instead he just comes up with a loophole where he comes down bodily and sacrifices himself to himself to act for a rule that he created? Its absurd. Its laughably absurd. And its immoral." Matt Dillahunty I 100% agree. And I totally agree with Matt that my moral standards are most definitely 100% superior to almost ANY character in the bible."

Children watching violence on tv, bad. Children in church seeing a lifelike grotesque statue of a crucified man, good. Makes sense?
Posted by backwardseden 4 months ago
"I could be wrong and tomorrow I could find out that there is a god. And that I do have a soul. It wouldn't change much for me as to how I live my life. Because I"ve already come to good reasons to do things. I"m open to being corrected on them. But what"s going to correct me is reason and evidence. Not appealing to a god. And people ask me "well what are you going to do if you die and you stand up before god" (hands in the air) hey I tried. I used my brain. I followed the evidence where it was" and by the way if your character is actually depicted in the bible or the koran I don"t want to have nothing to do with you. I"m already morally superior to you. I already care more about people than you do. I know. I never sanctioned slavery. Never sanctioned genocide. (beat) gods have." Matt Dillahunty

"Now I am absolutely convinced that the main source of hatred in the world is religion and organized religion. Absolutely convinced of it. And I think it, religion, should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right." Christopher Hitchens

Not scorning the three electoral children who are everything to me and even a glimpse at a second life and even alone an immortal one, and I"ll tell you something if I was told to sacrifice them to prove my devotion to go to do what all monotheists are told to do and admire the man that said "yes I"ll gut my kid" I"d say "no" f--k you." Christopher Hitchens

"I"m willing to use my children"s bodies as the theater as this enactment of faith. Well civilization in my submission ladies and gentlemen begins where that evil nonsense---leaves---off. And we have to advance the time when more and more people will be able to civilize themselves by outgrowing religion and leaving this awful nonsense behind." Christopher Hitchens
Posted by dsjpk5 5 months ago
On what basis do you claim peace, love, and kindness is a better choice than any other?