vi_spex
YandereSpazz098

god is only true to a believer, therfore god is false

vi_spex

Pro

belief=false=disbelief=atheist to non god
YandereSpazz098

Con

If belief can be false than so can disbelief.
vi_spex

Pro

my position is that beliefs are false and that disbelief is(=) a belief

to win this debate, according to my standards, you must argue for or demonstrate a true belief

belief=talking stones=dragons created society=vi spex is wearing a green hat
YandereSpazz098

Con

Okay you just firmly repeated that belief is false and then added that disbelief is belief? At least that is what it looks like.

You want me to argue for and demonstrate true belief? Does it have to involve God? You weren't specific so I will put forth the belief that a functioning chair can be made of wood.
vi_spex

Pro

so if you did get it, then why say belief can be false.. whatever..

cant make a chair of wood if you cant outrun the tree you cut down for wood
YandereSpazz098

Con

I was actually confused by what you had said.

Also trees normally don't roll away after being cut and can not run.
vi_spex

Pro

if its down hill.. but i mean trees fall when you cut em down, so you must outrun the tree to make a chair
YandereSpazz098

Con

Yes, trees do fall but where people usually cut trees are places deep in the forest with no hills. With a flat ground and lots of weight the tree falls and stays put.

evidence: https://m.youtube.com...

Okay, back to belief. While belief is known for being something that's just purely emotional and an opinion I think it is broader than that. It is possible to only believe in a statement after it is proved true. It is possible to believe something because it has sufficient proof.
vi_spex

Pro

you will out run it?

belief=unknown

belief=talking stones
YandereSpazz098

Con

belief = "a feeling of being sure that someone or something exists or that something is true/a feeling that something is good, right, or valuable/a feeling of trust in the worth or ability of someone" - http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Posted by missmedic 6 months ago
missmedic
Dinkus
What you believe will make no difference in who becomes president. It may become true but it won't make it true. Knowledge, observation, rational thinking, curiosity, and skepticism trump beliefs every time.
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
in the headline
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
not sure what statement you are refering to, it is suggested i am arguing that beliefs are false in the debate
Posted by runninggreg1 6 months ago
runninggreg1
vi_spex ???? ur not making any sense or using logic. I mean I'm an atheist but ur not actually arguing anything. ur just stating your opinion and unclearly on top of that. ask questions please. didn't you say you wanted to learn?
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
belief=non sense

will Donald Trump become president?
Posted by Dinkus 6 months ago
Dinkus
So you are saying that all beliefs are false? That makes no sense. For instance, I believe that Donald Trump will become president. So you are saying that's false? It could happen. You make no sense, and you seem to be trying to prove things with incorrect mathematical statements. You are confusing, my friend.
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
i mean as true as god is to a christian... the truth of god to a christian is to me a false perception
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
belief=god=love=spirit=mind+emotion=watching tv

the pain of love is hate, and hate is returning at energy, like watching one of my movies..
Posted by runninggreg1 6 months ago
runninggreg1
I'm new to this site, but I feel like this whole debate is kind of wrong. the initial statement, "god is only true to a believer" is this statement true? because if one believes 1+1=3 and no matter how loud they are in proclaiming this...that still doesn't make 1+1=3 sorry. but if you assume false info to be true and get your desired outcome who cares your evaluating false info.

if god is true to all believer only, that still doesn't mean god does or doesn't exist...you can't "therefore" anything conclusive.

so I say again, can we prove, "god is only true to a believer" first please then move on from there?
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
i can get scientific information from tv, computer, news paper, and call that information scientific evidence, so accepting scientific evidence as fact is allowing my self to be programmed, while my experience of now is real and true