natoast
Joeltan95

god is probably benevolent

natoast

Con

This argument is not targeted at whether god exists, but whether he likes or even cares about us humans. For the sake of the argument, we will assume that the universe has an intelligent creator with the power to control every aspect of our universe if it so chooses. Just so you understand, the majority of the BoP lies on pro, but I will do my best to support my opinion and not just create refutations. First round is acceptance, we'll wing it from there.
Joeltan95

Pro

God is not benevolent? I strongly beg to differ. For the purposes of being objective, let us not limit ourselves to any religion, but let's talk about what we probably know about God. As we all know, God created us humans, but let us not forget that he has created all living things and created the universe, sustainable enough for us to live. Not only that, being the intelligent creator that he is, he certainly have ignored us as humans. In fact, he made us so amazing that we are the kings in the animal kingdom. He provided us with a brain so that we would be able to think and create. he gave us the ability to see, so that we would be able to appreciate the beauty of our loved ones. He gave us hearing, so that we can admire the sounds of nature and everything around us. Not only that, he provided us with animals, water and everything that we need to survive. God, or the intelligent creator is definitely benevolent.

I personally think that God, if there is one, has cared for humans more than any other living thing on this earth. Look at us when we kill animals for food, we do it to survive. When we clear trees, the trees did not retaliate and allowed us to continue our Eco-unfriendly deeds.

Therefore, I feel that God is benevolent to us humans and he has provided us with everything that is needed to survive on this earth. it is the insatiable need of humans that we probably feel that God is not benevolent.

P.S thank you so much for coming up with this debate, I hope that through this debate we would be able to come up with insightful and interesting points! I am really interested in this topic, never really thought about it!:D I'm new here, so just thought I join a debate! Your move
natoast

Con

I don't think I'm going to be able to do this one, I've been too busy lately. Sorry about that.
Joeltan95

Pro

Hey it's alright don't worry about it, but it was a good topic to discuss though, do find me up again to challenge when you are free!
natoast

Con

sounds good.
Joeltan95

Pro

Joeltan95 forfeited this round.
natoast

Con

natoast forfeited this round.
Joeltan95

Pro

Joeltan95 forfeited this round.
natoast

Con

BTW voters, if you want to give joltan the points for conduct, that's fine, I'll try not to do this in the future.
Joeltan95

Pro

Joeltan95 forfeited this round.