vi_spex
OlaNordmann

god is real to a believer

vi_spex

Pro

it says in the bible belief is required
OlaNordmann

Con

Quoting the bible is an obvious fallacy because the bible is the origin of the said claim. It's like saying that [A] is real because [A] says so.

Whilst perception and opinions are subjective, truth is universally objective. Reality cannot be BOTH [true for someone] AND [false for someone else]. It doesn't matter how we choose to perceive, approve or dismiss each others belief, we can only hold opinions on what we BELIEVE to be true or false, it does not change the outcome!

If your claim is that god is real to the believer, it must also follow with the claim that god is real to everyone else, which is a completely different argument.
vi_spex

Pro

so belief not required?

the world is not real man, i know the plugs in your arms dont show

so you admit god is not true? you admit it is just faith? or the total emptyness of desperat guess?

beliefs are not true
OlaNordmann

Con

I have to admit, It's difficult to interpret your arguments but I'll give it a shot....

so belief not required?

Required for what?

That may be the case, or it may be complete non-sense, however I do know for a fact that I exist, because I experience it. How is this helping your argument by the way?

I don't believe god exist, no - but that doesn't make it so. You see even in the absence of evidence we can't know for certain. It IS unlikely, and furthermore completely absurd, but we can't completely rule it out. However i can say that something cannot remain real for some while unreal for someone else. Only delusions and opinions can.

beliefs are not true

What are you saying?! Please clearify.
vi_spex

Pro

beliefs are required for the christian god to be true according to the bible

im saying if some believe they are in the matrix, are they not in the matrix?

god made everything when i ask a believer about origins.

i know god is not real, nature is not a construct or creation as it would be a machine.. life is nature.. but anyway thats probably a different discussion

i guess delusions are real to the person experiencing it..

if beliefs are true, god becomes real if one believes in it.. while one believing god is not true would make that true as well.. beliefs are not true
OlaNordmann

Con

You're confusing termonology here. Arguments are never true or false, they are either valid or invalid.

The conclusion of valid arguments are either true or false, they can not be both or neither.

If I understand you correctly, which is kind of difficult, your argument is:

- beliefs exists
- god is based on beliefs
- therfore god exists

This is NOT a valid argument because the premis is true but the conclusion can be false.

Because the belief (which exists) that god does not exist contradicts the argument.

If I believe in a 9/11 conspiracy (belief exist), then that would mean that god exists because I hold a belief, wouldn't it? Of course not! Your logic is flawed beyond belief!

Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
ye that was confusing round 2