slenderman815
Gabe1e

god is real

Gabe1e

slenderman815

Pro

god is real ( how are we alive)
Gabe1e

Con

Okay, I accept.

Pro has to give evidence that "god" is real, this should be interesting.

I will be supporting evolution. (that is how we are here)
slenderman815

Pro

7 reasons.

1. Babies. I watched my wife give birth to our four daughters, and last month I visited my new grandson. I"ve stared at little Hananiah"s cute face and tiny fingers"and the cleft in his chin that resembles mine. How can anyone deny the reality of God when they see a baby? The amount of information encrypted in one cell in the human body is equal to that of 1,000 books. The total amount of information stored in your DNA is 40 times more than that of the largest set of encyclopedias in the world. King David felt this sense of awe when he wrote, "You wove me in my mother"s womb. ... I am fearfully and wonderfully made" (Ps. 139:13, 14, NASB). Life is truly a miracle!

2. Thunderstorms. I love to sit on my back porch in Florida and listen to the rumbling of thunder. It reminds me of God"s majesty and power. The apostle Paul said creation was the best evidence of God"s existence. He wrote, "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen" (Rom. 1:20). Nature is actually full of quantifiable miracles. Just consider the fact that the earth is the perfect distance from the sun to support life. If we were any farther away from the sun, we would freeze; if we were even slightly closer to it, we would burn up. It"s obvious God created this home for us!

3. Flowers. There are more than 400,000 species of flowers in the world, and most of them are not edible. Their job is to simply make the world beautiful. Did they just haphazardly evolve over time, or did a loving God create each individual shape and color scheme for our enjoyment? People who choose to deny God don"t spend enough time looking at tulips, snapdragons, orchids, lilies, lotuses or magnolias. This is why it"s really important to stop and smell the roses!

4. The Bible. Paul wrote that "all Scripture is inspired by God" (2 Tim. 3:16). The Bible itself is proof of God"s existence because He used 40 unrelated people over a period of 2,000 years to write His unique love letter to us. There is nothing like the Bible because it carries the same consistent message throughout all of its 66 different books. Atheists can laugh at this idea, but those who have read the Scriptures and experienced God through its pages know why it is the best-selling and most-translated book in all of history. (Fact: 100 million copies of the Bible are sold every year. Richard Dawkins" The God Delusion has sold 2 million.)

5. The global spread of Christianity. Over the centuries, the gospel message has been vilified and ridiculed. Roman rulers threw first-century Christians to the lions, and 20th-century dictators sent believers to prison camps. It is estimated that 70 million Christians have been martyred since the church began"and 40 million of those were in the 20th century. Yet today Christianity has more adherents than any religion, and numbers are growing in many parts of the world. Our faith is spreading because it is the truth"and history shows that when this truth is mocked and scorned, it actually spreads faster!

6. Jesus. The most amazing thing about God is not that He exists, but that He loved us so much He was willing to send His Son to earth to save us from ourselves. Jesus was with the Father from the time of creation, and His arrival was predicted numerous times in Old Testament prophecy. Finally He interrupted history and came to live among us. His crucifixion is historical fact, and His resurrection was verified by hundreds of witnesses. The man who perhaps knew Jesus best"the apostle John"saw the risen Christ and touched His nail-pierced hands. He wrote, "What we have seen and heard we proclaim to you" (1 John 1:3). Jesus is not an illusive fairy tale. He is the living, breathing, touchable Son of God.

7. My personal friendship with God. Atheists may not be convinced that God exists after listening to a storm, smelling a hibiscus or reading the Bible. When I am asked to defend my faith, I don"t start an intellectual argument. I have to go back to the words of Paul in 2 Timothy 1:12: "I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed."
Gabe1e

Con

I would like to thank Pro for a good debate, and it seems to be a good one, not a trolling one.

My defense

Babies

There are many ways to explain this. The baby is a result of a man and woman having sex, obviously. It has nothing to do with god, it is a sperm fertilizing an egg, which can be seen in many other animals. There are many ways to explain DNA, too. Chromosones, chemical bonds, nucleotides, and nitrogen bases. [1] How is it formed? Nitrogenous bases are joined into a basic pairing rule. [2] Of course there are is a lot of information encrypted in one cell, what does that have to do with god...? Atoms work the same way, but there are many ways to explain them, as well.

Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms are not god's "majesty." Thunderstorms are generated by thermal instability in the atmosphere. [3] It forms clouds, which then allowed water vapor (if any) to come up and take it's place. As this article states, "Cumulus (for accumulation) clouds begin their towering movement in response to atmospheric instability and convective overturning. Warmer and lighter than the surrounding air, they rise rapidly around a strong, central updraft. These elements grow vertically, appearing as rising mounds, domes, or towers." This does cause sound in the atmosphere. It is true that if we moved any closer we would burn up and further we would freeze, but doesn't "god" want to preserve all life like said in the bible that you read? Why not make all the planets next to Earth to preserve life? Also, inertia and gravity have a big play in this, too. It keeps the Earth in place so we do not burn up or freeze. Also, scientists have done research on Mars, they say that life could have been there before, considering the ice caps holding water at the top. Why did "god" preserve that?

Flowers

Photosynthesis plays a big part in this. Photosynthesis keeps plants alive and creates new flowers. How are flowers grown? A flower’s center contains two types of tubular parts. The one in the very center is called the stigma and the ones surrounding the stigma are called stamen. The stamen are topped by pollen, that when gathered by bees, is dropped into the stigma. When the pollen is dropped into the stigma, it travels down to the ovary by going through another tube called the style. Once the pollen reaches the ovary, it fertilizes tiny particles called ovules. Once those ovules are fertilized they are called seeds. They then collect water from pollution and grow. [4] Not all flowers are beautful, it depends on opinion, like I would say that this flower is not beautful: http://upload.wikimedia.org...

The Bible

The Bible. How do we know all of this is true? How do we know? It could just be a story made up by a writer one day that was passed down from person to person, that eventually became a religion. Most of those stories in that book are bizarre and inhuman. It isn't possible that could have happened. People buy the book because it is a world-wide religion. I could just make a book called the Foz, and name my religion Gabeism, and get a bunch of friends and family to worship the god named "Foz," and ask all my friends and family to spread the word, I think I would have a lot of people on board.

The Spread Of Christianity

The main reason why Christianity was spread so wide around the world is because of early explorers. They forced native's to convert or basically die. Another reason is because the Roman Empire, who conquered half of Europe, their main religion was Christianity, and the more civilizations that were created were biased on Christianity. When the Roman Empire fell, they continued to worship "god" and create churches. [5]

Jesus

Jesus can just not be possible. It describes in the Bible how he has super-natural powers. That was about 2000 years ago. In those 2000 years, why hasn't another super-natural person come up? Why hasn't "Jesus" shown himself? It just isn't possible, he can supposedly walk on water, heal uncureable diseases, heal wounds, and the only "evidence" we have is a book that we don't even know if it is true or not. If I flip a coin, and pray to Jesus/God, "Please all mighty god, I pray that you make this land on heads more than 7 times out of 10, please god, amen." I bet you that it won't land on heads more than 7/10 times.

Your friendship with "god"

You can't just describe your personal feeling, when none of us can feel what you feel. This can't be a reason for your argument.

Notice how my opponent uses the Bible as his only source, and no other websites, books, etc. His relies on the Bible as his only source, a book over 3000 years old.

My arguments

Christian's believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old

This cannot be true. It is invalid.

-There is a city in Croatia that is over 7,000 years old. That was just discovered. Take a look for yourself: http://theweek.com...

-There is also a tree that is over 9,000 years old. Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org...

How can this be? I thought Christians belived the Earth was 6,000 years old!

The lack of evidence

No matter what atheists, agnostics, or any other religion against Christianity, Christians will either argue two ways: With the Bible, or they just will have no comment. Please, argue why god is real without the Bible encorporated in.

Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark. A ship that is longer and bigger than the Wyoming, which is also a wooden made boat. A boat that is described in the bible, being made by peasants and farmers. HOW?!?! The Wyoming was made by professionals, and still wasn't anywhere compared to Noah's Ark. Not to mention they had to put over a hundred animals on a cheaply made structure by peasants and farmers. How could they make it? The ship would sink, and Jesus and God had nothing to do with this.. (Comparison: https://cdn-assets.answersingenesis.org...)

The Bible

The thing Christian's use to support Christianity. How could this be true? All the events that happened in the book were unreal and super-natural. There is nothing to support that this actually happened, for all we know it could just be a made up tale that all of the sudden got turned into a world-wide religion.

Jesus

A man that is described to be super-natural and inhumane. There is absolutely no way that he can be real. Why doesn't he just show his face out here right now? Why doesn't he answer ANY prayers? I could pray for the Bucks to win the NBA Championship and I will be a million bucks that it wouldn't happen. It's just not possible.

Evolution

Not to mention it was created by a Christian, but it is really the only logical explanation that doesn't involve super-natural beings. If humans were created by god, how is our bone-structure so similar to apes? http://figures.boundless.com... god wanted to preserve all life, why are some species extinct? The Big Bang theory is a theory that is logical that involves Evolution, and the galaxy expanding from multiple reasons. [6]

Well, my turn is up, Pro, you're up.

Cites:

[1]- http://en.wikipedia.org...

[2]- http://science.howstuffworks.com...

[3]- http://www.weatherexplained.com...

[4]- http://www.gardeningchannel.com...

[5]- http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

[6]- http://en.wikipedia.org...

slenderman815

Pro

slenderman815 forfeited this round.
Gabe1e

Con

It's a shame that Pro plagiarised, AND has failed to back up my arguments.

If you would, please vote Con.

Posted by thisnameasused 2 years ago
thisnameasused
I'm glad someone had the sense to check that. I was honestly going to run that through copyscape. It read like some cheesy extract from an autobiography. I smelt a troll in the first paragraph lol, how disappointing. His argument would have been torn to shreds regardless I'm sure
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
Oh, it was? I urge a point off of conduct, if any.
Posted by dtaylor971 2 years ago
dtaylor971
Plagiaristic as$hole.

http://www.charismanews.com...
Posted by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
Con, this is easy win for you. Pro's argument in the second round was plagiarized.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Like I have said before. Life is all the evidence anyone needs to seek out the creator. If one dies and did not seek him out, then what happens is all that persons responsibility.God only shows Himself to the one seeking Him.Not to unbelievers.

He did that once and most people did not know who He was. He is just like us, or we are like Him.Even all the miracles did not break through the religious minded man.Let alone a person who is carnally minded.God gave us a book . That is all a person needs to believe. Break out of the carnal box you are in and let the truths in the word speak for themselves.
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 2 years ago
o0jeannie0o
slenderman815Gabe1eTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well that was awful. I am not an atheist or a christian yet i didn't have to read past the first "reason" of babies to know who was going to win. Con although that process is quite magnificent, the birthing/pregnancy process is completely scientifically sound. Thank your wife for giving birth, not god. To be sure i did read the rest of the debate. Yup Con wins.
Vote Placed by Squirrelnuts57 2 years ago
Squirrelnuts57
slenderman815Gabe1eTied
Reasons for voting decision: I was looking forward to seeing some good arguments from pro, and I did, sort of. Pro started out doing well, but then he forfeited.