atheist123
bballbeast7

god isn't real, no evidence to prove it?

atheist123

Pro

I don't believe there is a god and I believe there is much more evidence against there being a god rather than for.
bballbeast7

Con

If god is not real, why would people waste thousands of years and a ton of time writing the bible? For their own health?
atheist123

Pro

And yet there is scientific evidence against a lot of what is in the bible and of the belief, some of the holy book could be true but there defiantly was the evaluation and defiantly the Big Bang.
bballbeast7

Con

bballbeast7 forfeited this round.
atheist123

Pro

atheist123 forfeited this round.
bballbeast7

Con

bballbeast7 forfeited this round.
Posted by USPharaoh 3 years ago
USPharaoh
@LifeMeansGodisGood.... Wow....you certainly have some very strong beliefs and faith there. First off I need to correct you on your Big Bang and Evolution are beliefs comment, Both science and physics are strong supporters of these theories. I was where you once were once....strong in my faith...... but then my God given reasoning kicked in and I desired more. I eventually discovered that these scientific theories, while still young, are very much in league with our creator. There is massive proof that the evolution process is in fact a key component to life and existence....the clear intelligence behind the life force that started it all as well.

It is a hard step to take but you need to shed off the old antho-God image that was needed by early humans..there is no bearded old man up in the sky. God is. Simply put God is the force that all things are created by.... sure there will be some who read this and still are stuck in the old image of what they were taught God was....and not see past it. Some will eventually grow enough to de-program the old core belief and advance their understanding. It takes time and a desire for it.

Understand first that you can't have nothing....without something. For example, how would you define or describe darkness without knowing what light is. Same goes for describing what On is without knowing or having a concept of Off....you need both. Skipping forward (over many arguments and philosophical arguments here) you will come to the binary nature of existence. The will to be..... the force to be overpowered, or overcame the opposite.....it did not eradicate it... rather it conquered it.

You know in your heart, and your soul that thee is a life force that exists outside of anything that science can ever hope to define.....nor our minds.... it is just not possible - if you take the time to truly understand Godel's Theorem...you will see this.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 3 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows His handiwork. To say there is no evidence of God is to be willfully ignorant. You own existence and death should be enough evidence for you to believe and to seek God's mercy and forgiveness so you are not separated from Him forever.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Evolution and the big bang are beliefs that cannot be proven. Science, math, and the laws of physics are contrary to these beliefs. One of the laws of physics is that all systems break down. The belief in evolution is contrary to this. Any hones scientist will admit they choose to believe in evolution because they do not want to be in submission to God. Evolution has never been observed and never will be. There has been adaption of species due to latent genes which can be triggered by environmental change. but no species has ever been observed to change into a differentt species. Evolution believes that mutation brings improvement, though this has never been observed. Adaptation of species to better fit the environment is not mutation of one species into another. Mutations are one of many proof of the law of physics that all systems break down.

People choose to believe in evolution simply because they do not want to submit to the rule of God over them. They love their sin too much.
Posted by saromon50 3 years ago
saromon50
@Burncastle I would love to! However I am rather busy with school at the moment so I don't know if I will be able to find the time. I am rather new to this site and don't know how it works all that well. Go ahead and create a debate and I will do my best to join it or however it works.
Posted by USPharaoh 3 years ago
USPharaoh
Wow... imagine that... someone wanting proof of God (and some even demanding it). Just too funny how little we have progressed as a life source......some of us anyway. I guess in some primitive way we all do beg that question about where did life come from.... what was the force behind such an intelligent design of the world (what we can touch and experience) and the universe (what we can theorize about).
I guess it all boils down to one core question - what started life at all? The weak evolutionists go no further than a lightning bolt to explain it all.... but can't answer the core reason for that to even exist....nor should they.... that is not their field... and Quantum Physics point to many possible theories but nothing yet on the initial cause.

Unfortunately, the math is not in our favor to ever be able to know instead of believe....if one understands Godel's Theorem correctly. Don't get me wrong, scratching it out on debate boards is always a great way to get folks to open up to better views and understanding. Boards like this are good for that at least.
Posted by dr_mcdavid 3 years ago
dr_mcdavid
If Harry potter is not real, why would author spend few years on writing it ??
Posted by Burncastle 3 years ago
Burncastle
@Saromon50 Would you like to debate this topic with me then?
Posted by saromon50 3 years ago
saromon50
There is so much that could be said with this debate... Why ruin it with such small insignificant arguments?
I for one have a myriad of evidence pointing toward the existence of God. To both the debaters, pro and con: please at least try and debate this. It is so interesting as the evidence goes back and forth like a million times.
Posted by Burncastle 3 years ago
Burncastle
That kind of comment makes laugh. Eternal Hellfire for unbelief? Man, that is one loving God. And yes, I don't like God very much. Just as I don't like Sauron from Lord of the Rings or Voldemort from Harry Potter. All these characters are pretty evil.

Plus, it's not that we don't WANT the proof, we are actually looking for someone to provide us with the proof; the thing is, no one has. So most of us tend to draw the conclusion that there are no such proof because... (drumroll) there is no God. Provide good evidence and most of us will change our mind.

What if a muslim told you that you were going to burn in hell for not believing in Allah, would you convert to Islam?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
You hate God and you wish you could get rid of Him be denying His existence. He will bring you into judgement for every word, thought, and action of every moment of time He has given you. You name is in the Bible. "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God". You are the fool. You are in danger of hell fire. To those who say there is no proof of hell fire and they have no fear of it or of God, I always say go ahead on your own way if you insist, and the proof you do not want will be forced upon you soon and forever.