backwardseden
Shanor

god will put you to death if you are gay, worship other gods, curse at your parents etc etc etc

Shanor

backwardseden

Con

Yep. This so-called kind friendly, caring loving god of the bible will put you to death for a multitude of reasons, or so this god claims. Its actually quite absurd and filled with snot meat bile as god is nothing more than a tinker toy tape parade.

For this debate I will be taking the con side that you should in no way, not ever for god the possessive runny babbitt, be put to death for any of these absurd reasons, even though god says you will, but who is this maggotty god anyway to make such hallowed bottom dweller feeding grounds anyway, in which I shall list quite a few of them that are listed in the bible. Obviously I will miss a few. But that is perfectly OK. The point will most certainly come across that god’s rules, laws and regulations that are still in effect and have not changed are quite absurd and ridiculous and cannot possibly be upheld proving that god is indeed absurd and ridiculous to even think about making an attempt to try and put them into effect. What a true joke god is proving that he is both mentally and emotionally unstable and does not deserve our faith.

Your assignment should you accept this debate is to prove that people should absolutely unequivocally deserve to die under god’s laws, rules and regulations. And obviously state the “why”.

So let’s get started. Right now what I am doing is listing the verses. It will be your assignment to prove these verses are deserved for someone to die if they are broken:

If you are gay god will put you to death.
Leviticus 20:13 “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

Romans 1:26-32 “26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
Argue why gays will be put to death under god’s horrific mouthy laws, rules and regulations__________.

If you worship other god’s, god will put you to death.

Deuteronomy 13: 5-16 “5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee. 6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you. 12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, 13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. 16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

Deuteronomy 17: 2-5 “If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.”
Argue why under god’s stupid little meaningless little worthless laws why you will be put to death for worshiping other god’s silly little laws, rules and regulations__________.

If you curse at/ rise up against your parents god will put you to death.

Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”

Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”
Mark 7:10 “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:”
Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."

Matthew 10:21
“And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.”

Argue why under god’s drooping little nothingness voidless mindless blank black hole why you will be put to death for cursing at/ rising up against your parents__________.

There are many other idiotic little minced mutton moron mechanical pigeon holed reasons why god will to put you to death, again so he ignorantly and arrogantly claims like a baby burping on his bib, which will be explored in rounds 2 & 3 of this debate provided that you do not bow out which are beyond a rabid rabbi’s silly little concoction that no god would ever present to man. Clearly these laws, rules and regulations are not that of a god/ supreme deity, but of man lusting for power to instill fear to control others with his superior ego complex because no god/ supreme deity would ever put those laws rules and regulations into effect and expect a reasonable outcome without a knowing rebellion of some kind. Duh.

Summary
Yep. Goodie for me for breaking all of those regurgitated cow chirping laws rules and regulations that can’t possibly be enforced. All the more power to me for dying and welcoming death. What rubbish. And a welcomed death it would be. Now let’s see this god enforce those laws rules and regulations. What a total ha ha blue blanketed suck on your thumb joke indeed.
Now as an example suppose that my parents were to rape, beat and torture me? god doesn’t think I have the at the very least curse at them? Well then screw you god for all of your rottenness that you have within your supposed sweetened sugary cough syrupy shotgun shells and nuclear waste to my brain because I will always without hesitation stand up against you. Go fly a kite and you god, yes you be an atom against the big bang.
Shanor

Pro

I don't know if you consider this an answer but the idea that he is God is what makes this all ok. The idea of a GOD is that he is the meaning of good. Anything he does or says no matter how conflicting is law. The fact that he is the omnipotent omnipresent being that created the universe means that all his laws are, well the law. You can say what you want, but by the definition and descriptions of what a God is, he is always right. He can't make mistakes because all he does is what he was meant to. Your argument is useless since (because you chose not to state your definition of God) God is the creator and ruler of the universe and source of ALL MORAL ATHORITY; the supreme being. this means that whatever he does he is right. And even though we don't have the right to do it, he does. He can break his own rules, he can kill whoever he wants, because he is not human, he is morality itself. So I would either give up on this debate and start a new one that can be won, or you can try to argue that Morality itself is being immoral.

Side note: you seem kind of angry in this argument so I hope you aren't offended, but you can't win this. Thinking about this logically if we go about this using the definition of a God, he can not be wrong, period. so in your next debate I would define your terms with better detail. Because you will never truly be able to win this against the definition of what you are talking about.
backwardseden

Con

"I don’t define myself as an atheist I should first say that. I define myself as an anti-theist. It would be presumptuous of me to say there’s an all purpose to the universe because I can’t prove that. I can’t prove there’s no god. I can’t definitively say there’s no god. What I can say definitively say however is that I wouldn’t want to live in a universe with one." Lawrence Krauss

You are correct. I don’t consider what you have to say an answer. Not when it comes to the monster that god truly is. Be honest. Have you ---ever--- read your bible? Its pretty blatantly clear that you haven’t. Its estimated that 80% of those that claim themselves to be christians do not even read their bible’s but once every other week, if that. And that’s just a couple of meaningless verses. If you were to actually read your bible, you’d probably no longer believe in your god. Nah. The same is true for nearly all christians.

A perfect example is that your god has murdered 2,821,364 in his supposed “good”? What? You said the “The idea of a GOD is that he is the meaning of good.” So how is that good especially when that figure includes children, babies, pregnant women, and for what? Does a god really require, need and out of necessity need to murder? Its all there in your bible. And that’s all in one small, very small little splatch of land.
Now this god could have very easily brought in a reign of peace and stopped all this nonsense. Did he do that? Nope. It continued. So how is that an idea for “good”? So your god doesn't believe in kindness, love, goodness, care for each other, not by any means. He believes in exactly what he said of himself... anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, evil, jealousy. Jealousy? What? From a supreme deity? Jealousy is nothing more than anger as disguised fear. And then this supposed god of yours neatly brought those emotions down to man so indeed man could learn to hate. Great going god. Great going you for believing in him. And even better all of those emotions prove that your god is imperfect. Not quite what you said later in your broadcast now is it? So why should anyone believe in imperfection?
Sorry if this is too in-your-face. But its true… ““Stop making excuses for your holy book. It is an abomination. It encourages abomination. And the more you sacrifice your humanity and morality to make excuses like ‘well god really wanted people to love each other but they just wouldn’t so they just wanted to nudge them in the right direction by saying you can own people but don’t beat them too damn much.’ Its still a weaka$$ immoral god. And YOU are better than that. Stop making excuses for the immorality. Take responsibility for your life and realize that if a GOD tells you that you can own somebody, that GOD is a piece of s--t.” Matt Dillahunty

Then you contradict yourself.rather blatantly I might add “Anything he does or says no matter how conflicting is law.” OK then...
Deuteronomy 13 9-10 “But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.”
So you follow your god’s law and since I do not believe in your god and since I am trying to lead you astray, you come on down here and you stone me to death. Whatsamatter you are not going to do it? Why? Why not? And you’d have to do it to the other billions who do not believe as well.So if you don't stone me to death you are directly disobeying a law, rule and regulation from your god. So according to him, you are not cut off from your god.
So what do you think about that? Do you think its “The idea of a GOD is that he is the meaning of good?” Are you serious?

What about when you mouth off to your parents? Or better yet curse at them? Should you be stoned to death for it? Well according to you, you should. And I know you've done it at least once or twice at least. So you according to your god should be legally dead. Its god’s “good” law. So follow it. But hold on. What happens if you come from an abusive household as your god creates millions of children every---single---fricken---year to be tortured, raped, beaten and abused by their abusers. Far worse than your christ was ever abused. Sometimes for decades these kids are abused. But there’s NOTHING in the bible about parents abusing children. Not one little thing. If anything and my parents abuse me, I’m certainly going to at the very least going to curse, and one helluva lot more back at them in return.

“The fact that he is the omnipotent omnipresent being…” Whoa. Stop. There’s no facts there. You can’t even prove that your god exists. No one as of yet has been able to. No one. So please do away with the “facts”. god is just a little piece of spit on the sidewalk.

OK then god is always right. So you should be stoned to death for working on the Sabbath. So should everybody else. What a truly great way to get rid of half the planet’s population. POOF! You said it.

Um no, not by any means is god always right. Sheesh. That’s a sure sign of ignorance, arrogance and blunderheadism on your part.
Well your god does make mistakes. Where do you want me to start? He made billions in creating the human race with all of his broken bones, his beating hearts, his strokes, his diseases, his lung infections, etc etc etc
Oh and that very big big big mistake when this god of yours had to flood the earth and wipe out EVERYTHING.only to recreate it is a HUGE MISTAKE(S).quadrillions of them I might add. 2 of everything and Noah's family is EVERY living thing because its not enough to bounce back after a disaster like that for species. Oh here's one for yah... Hmmmm 2 ants were enough food for anteaters?

No your argument is useless because only a very select few ---christians--- and only christians would see eye to eye with you. And let’s put it this way… suppose you do indeed come on down here and you do follow your god’s law and you stone me to death because I do not worship your god, the penal system we have here in this country, and frankly pretty near in every country around the world will string you up and never let you go free and by you using the “Well its god’s law and I was only following god.” is as cheap and as ignorant and as truly arrogant and as truly insane as it gets. The problem is you and your f--- upped religion.

And no its not moral at all. Your religion is not moral. Your god is not moral. He's just a snowflake filled with pus to be popped with the next pimple.

Whatever he does is right and yet you cannot even prove he exists. Wow. Such a dilemma. And since you think the way you do… how can you possibly choose right from wrong when its a true impossibility?

No this god of your cannot kill whoever he wants. He cannot kill babies and children. Oh wait, just like in the flood, he killed pregnant women. So that’s the first sign of abortions, something in which you christians are so against. What a true hypocritical contradiction if there ever was one. Also another true hypocritical contradiction is its perfectly OK for your god to kill, but not man, and yet “thou shalt not kill. What? So you believe in a bouncing baby god who is indeed a contradictory hypocrite. Way to go! Um no this god of yours He cannot kill anyone. He has no authoritative power. Thankfully. Rightly. Justly.

Summary
It is so painfully obvious that you are brainwashed by your ordeal of your christian featherweight nobody god who does not frighten a yodeling yak.
It is also so painfully obvious that no matter what anybody says to you that no matter what it is, even if someone were to agree with exactly what you were to say, you would still manage to find fault with that person
It is also rather blatantly clear with your few sentences that you have no genuine friends or loved ones. What do I mean by genuine? Those that will go way way wayyyyyyyy out of their way to help you out in time of dire need and ---never--- ask you a single question. For that I cannot even pity you. But you deserve it. You did it to yourself. And you will die alone as so many here will.

No you cannot win this. You are just a spoiled brat who thinks he's won. I’ve already won. You cannot prove your god exists. Oh wait, I said that for a third time now I think?
Shanor

Pro

For one, I am Agnostic, not Christian, so don't just assume what religion I am. I went on to this site to argue, not preach (something you should already understand not to do.) Do you really think you can use the age old argument of "prove it to win this"? you insult me yet you have no true evidence for your argument. Who do you think wrote the Bible? Do you think that God himself (If he is real that is) decided to write down the story of the universe and give a perfect book of all of it. GOD NO (pun totally intended.) The old testament you talk about so much was stories passed down for generations, so it is fair to think people might have changed it over time to teach their children what the parents wanted them to know. And the new testament was censored highly by the church to exclude anything they did not want to believe. So how can a book written by God himself be censored by the church? Because even they knew it was mostly fake. Their is likely a seed of truth within most stories within the Bible, but it obviously is not the full truth.

This is not even an argument just so you know. This is just you trying to prove your superiority to Christians. You don't define your terms, you use the argument fallacy Ad Hominem, and you rant more then use logic. You say I have no friends or loved ones. Well I do no matter what you believe so don't think you can just insult and intimidate me and think you can make me back down. Come up with a real argument if you want me to treat you like an adult. Stop ranting and find proof that God did this and said this. Do you have eye-witness accounts? do you have news clippings form that time? Do you even have any real evidence to prove the Bible is the word of God? If not quit this argument and rant on a site that cares.

My argument is that because he is God, nothing applies to him. If he created the universe he choses what is good and bad. So he has to always be right. Contradictions will not affect him because he is all powerful. Unless this is not the definition of God you have, you will not win this not just because you are ranting rather then arguing, you will not win this because by definition, not ethics, God can not do wrong. If you wish to challenge that state your definition of God so that we can come to an agreement over what the definition of god is.
backwardseden

Con

“For one, I am Agnostic, not Christian,” so you got caught in an absolute unchanging lie. Correct? I mean the spoiled brat 15 year old that you are doesn’t even know what he says. “The fact that he is…” as you stated in round 1... So like nearly every christian out there you don’t even know what you state and or say.

Let’s take a look at the definitions for “agnostic”
1. a person who holds that the existence of theultimate cause, as God, and the essential natureof things are unknown and unknowable, or thathuman knowledge is limited to experience. Synonyms: disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever; doubter, skeptic, secularist, empiricist; heathen, heretic, infidel, pagan. 2. a person who denies or doubts the possibility ofultimate knowledge in some area of study. 3. a person who holds neither of two opposingpositions on a topic: Socrates was an agnostic on the subject ofimmortality. Adjective 4. of or relating to agnostics or their doctrines,attitudes, or beliefs. 5. asserting the uncertainty of all claims toknowledge. 6. not taking a stand on something, especially notholding either of two usually strongly opposedpositions (often used in combination): to take an agnostic view of technologicalprogress; fuel agnostic energy policies.

So well gosh golly gee gosh darned it all you just got caught in a HUGE major hypocritical contradiction and or a flat out lie. And with the absolute convincing look and portrayal look of your god in your last misery in round 1 oh absolutely you are a fundamentalist or do you wish to take that back as well?

You went to this site, well um no it not this site, it my debate BIG DIFFERENCE, to argue because you are an arrogant bottom feeder a$$ with the soul attempt and only to try to p**a me off and for no other reason. NEWSFLASH: Hey hotstuff it didn't work. You only belittled yourself.

Then you continue “not preach... “ which is exactly to the letter what you did. So more hypocritical contradictions because you have no outs?
Tell you what, I’m not going to bother with the rest of your asinine silliness of you trying to defend yourself because you have no defense. You dug a hole so deep for your yourself and you have no way to worm your way out of it.
Grow up.
Shanor

Pro

Just so you know agnostic within religions means I don't know what created the universe or if there is a God and I accept that I will likely never know.

("For one, I am Agnostic, not Christian," so you got caught in an absolute unchanging lie. Correct? I mean the spoiled brat 15 year old that you are doesn"t even know what he says.) So the 40 something year old you are has decided to cuss out and attempt to intimidate a teenager? it seems you need to grow up.

(Let"s take a look at the definitions for "agnostic"
1. a person who holds that the existence of theultimate cause, as God, and the essential natureof things are unknown and unknowable, or thathuman knowledge is limited to experience. Synonyms: disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever; doubter, skeptic, secularist, empiricist; heathen, heretic, infidel, pagan. 2. a person who denies or doubts the possibility ofultimate knowledge in some area of study. 3. a person who holds neither of two opposingpositions on a topic: Socrates was an agnostic on the subject ofimmortality. Adjective 4. of or relating to agnostics or their doctrines,attitudes, or beliefs. 5. asserting the uncertainty of all claims toknowledge. 6. not taking a stand on something, especially notholding either of two usually strongly opposedpositions (often used in combination): to take an agnostic view of technologicalprogress; fuel agnostic energy policies.) look at my first comment

(So well gosh golly gee gosh darned it all you just got caught in a HUGE major hypocritical contradiction and or a flat out lie. And with the absolute convincing look and portrayal look of your god in your last misery in round 1 oh absolutely you are a fundamentalist or do you wish to take that back as well? ) Never will I be a fundamentalist nor do I care what you think I am. I am arguing with you I don't care what I believe. I am looking to have a good debate. sadly I settled with your Add to incompetence and ignorance.

(You went to this site, well um no it not this site, it my debate BIG DIFFERENCE, to argue because you are an arrogant bottom feeder a$$ with the soul attempt and only to try to p**a me off and for no other reason. NEWSFLASH: Hey hotstuff it didn't work. You only belittled yourself.) One, don't think the world revolves around you, I came hear to argue. You are just taking this personally. Two, you seem fairly angry to me. Or are you that angry normally?

( Then you continue "not preach... " which is exactly to the letter what you did. So more hypocritical contradictions because you have no outs? ) I was stating facts, you are the one telling everyone how stupid I am. You really should look up your terms more.

(Tell you what, I"m not going to bother with the rest of your asinine silliness of you trying to defend yourself because you have no defense. You dug a hole so deep for your yourself and you have no way to worm your way out of it.
Grow up. ) This is an obvious ploy to make it seem like I am on the losing side of this. I have out done you logic wise. You are just trying to cover up for everything you said previously by making it seem like I was winning an uphill battle. Sadly, I am not. I have been winning this argument the whole time. You are just trying to win through trickery. I am winning through logic.

You skip my important points and try to hit the parts of my argument that don't matter. Sorry, but you are not a genius who can bend anyone to your will. You are just some old guy who feels good making useless arguments. You cannot defeat logic. I have won and anyone who thinks about the "debate" logically knows that you have no substance to your argument. You are trying to attack my character rather then come up with an actual argument. So I ask the people who use this site to give me the win to show people like this that we won't tolerate feeling over fact, emotions over logic. Hopefully this guy will learn just how useless attacks with emotion are within arguments. Or he can stay ignorant. It's his choice. But is our choice to show him we will not tolerate this behavior.
Posted by backwardseden 6 months ago
backwardseden
@wmickas
No way way wayyyyyyyy too 2 to far too many debates on christianity VS atheism. And besides, you'd lose that one in a heartbeat should you take christianity because you cannot prove your god even exists. So atheism wins every single time. And not only that but the burden of proof is upon you to prove that your god does exist in which no one has been able to. Not one person. There's a debate going on right now just a few debates down.
You do realize "misotheist" is not even in the dictionary? So regardless of the definition in which I do agree with it as far as I am concerned, it is undefined as far as all others who would be scratching their heads.
Mmmmm K civil it shall be provided that you do not invent excuses for something in which you know nothing about in which christians are very well known for. And provided that you provide legitimate evidence. Now I'm not talking about faith because...
"Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn"t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can"t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, the most important truth your"re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence?"

"Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence."
Both quotes are from Matt Dillahunty
Rock solid evidence that doesn't require gullibility that is tangible.
Posted by wmickas 6 months ago
wmickas
Well we could do a debate about Christianity vs Atheism. By the way misotheist is a word which means "hatred of God" or "hatred of the gods" (from the Greek adjective _6;_3;`3;a2;_2;^9;_9;`2; "hating the gods", a compound of _6;Q50;`3;_9;`2; "hatred" and _2;^9;a2;`2; "god"). In some varieties of polytheism, it was considered possible to inflict punishment on gods by ceasing to worship them."- https://en.wikipedia.org... I would like more of a civil debate format. With no name calling or ad hominems.
Posted by dsjpk5 6 months ago
dsjpk5
No you don't have to take the position of God. That's not what Pro and Con mean. Pro would mean you agree with the claim that God "will put you to death if you're gay..." It doesn't mean you approve of His actions.
Posted by backwardseden 6 months ago
backwardseden
@wmickas
Sorry I was a bit harsh a few posts ago. There's plenty of debates to go up against/ talk about. I mean pick something. Or I can do it... absurdities in the bible proving god isn't real, contradictions in the bible proving the bible is unreadable, god chose the human race - what? god has emotions - evil, anger, wrath, rage, fury, jealousy proving he's imperfect, jesus was not the messiah etc etc etc many topics.
Posted by backwardseden 6 months ago
backwardseden
@MrDelaney
No go ahead and pile it on because you are someone who has the intelligence and know how to be able to do it. And I respect that - highly.
But I did change that dreaded word of "should" to "will" which I think makes all the difference in the world.
Ok I see the fault in the beginning of the debate I didn't correct it and I thank you for pointing it out to me... so it shall be changed.

"So are you debating whether or not God WILL kill people for something?
(in which case it sounds like you would be on the Pro side)" According to the bible god has killed for not following his absurd laws and those laws still remain intact today so god WILL kill according to the bible even though the bible has been proven false. But I haven't gotten into that yet. That's for another round so my opponent can be swallowed whole. So of course I do not agree with this so that is a NO aka a "con" - correct?

Or are you debating whether or not God is RIGHT to kill people for something?
(in which case you would be on the Con side) Of course not. god does not have the right to kill anyone for anything. Not ever. So that's still a NO. But my opponent would have to say YES, agreeing that its OK for god to kill others because of his inept laws so that makes it a "pro" for my opponent - correct?

Now I do 100% agree with you that wow oh wow there are many things that I've missed in the opening round to be killed for unjustly by god that are way beyond ridiculous and absurd. I mean there's so many. I have a few more rounds to hopefully list quite a few more of them.

And your 2 cents is worth a lot.
Please tc and have fun
Posted by backwardseden 6 months ago
backwardseden
@Lilieze
Well I changed the title and a few words along the way. But I still take the "con" positioning. I now have a proper title. One simple word makes a whole lot of difference. Instead of "wants" its now "will".
Oh I do get that if I am pro its a "YES". That's why I am a 'con" because I am a "NO". I most certainly do NOT IN ANY WAY agree with god's absurd ridiculous stupid laws, rules and regulations of death.
Yeah (if he existed) in which lovingly no one can prove.
Posted by MrDelaney 6 months ago
MrDelaney
Not trying to pile on here, but Lilieze is right, the debate setup is a bit confusing.

On the one hand the you have the resolution "God will put you to death," but then you say you want to debate that you should not be put to death for these things.

So are you debating whether or not God WILL kill people for something?
(in which case it sounds like you would be on the Pro side)

(in which case you would be on the Con side)

And on top of that - you should probably clearly define and delineate the 'somethings' for which you can be killed. Otherwise it's just too open ended and unfocused.

Just my 2 cents.
Posted by backwardseden 6 months ago
backwardseden
@wmickas
Well considering that there is n o such a word as "misotheist" only you would know what you are talking about there and I am not even going to leisure in a moderate guess.
No that's not a good idea for me to go to your website so we can "negotiate" a debate. Bad idea. I don't negotiate debates when it comes to god and his hate as he knowingly hates children, gays, women, - hey well over half the planet's population. Then he's committed countless genocides, loves evil, anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, raped women, slavery, jealousy... what? Jealousy? Jealousy is nothing but anger as disguised fear. And then he neatly passed down all those emotions down to man so in turn man could learn to hate. Great going god. Great going for those who believe in him. And its all there in the bible for those who pick it up and actually read the damn plastic thing.
Of course I hate god. Granted it the only thing I do hate. Without god in this world there would be a chance for the world to be at peace. And it was until god stepped in.
More people have died, more genocides have been created, more cultures have been uprooted, more wars have been fought, more blood has been spilled, more souls have been corrupted, more bodies have been stacked high on the battlefields alone, more atrocities have been committed, more false hope has been generated, more forests have been burned, more oceans have been polluted, more skies have been filled with smog etc etc etc and they all have been committed all in the supposed "good" name of this glorious god than for any other reason.
And the thing is, is there's no proof for god even have ever existed.
Posted by Lilieze 6 months ago
Lilieze
I get what you're trying to say, but you haven't correctly formulated your debate title..

"God wants to put you to death"

If you are pro, that means that YES, you acknowledge that god wants to do those things. Whether he wants to kill or not doesn't mean anything, and doesn't make your point clear at all. Your point is that god should not do those things (if he existed), right?
Posted by wmickas 6 months ago
wmickas
backwardsedan are you a misotheist? It seems that in the debates that I have seen you do it shows that you have a very bitter attitude toward God. We can negotiate a debate if it comports with the rules on my website blazeofhope.weebly.com
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 6 months ago
dsjpk5
backwardsedenShanorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con said, "you are an arrogant bottom feeder a$$", and "You are just a spoiled brat who thinks he's won". These are personal attacks, which are examples of poor conduct.