beasthoodkidd
pc131313

good is evil and evil is good. humanity is justified by equilibrium. animals does not WHY

beasthoodkidd

Con

Order and Religion is the true wrong and absolute chaos is the true right. We humans are born evil and most people are blissfully ignorant of this fact of abomination. We try to make up for our greed by greedily pleasuring ourselves with kindness for in hope to be paid back in heaven someday. Humans why do we exist and does life not care what or how we live it? or is it just coincidence we are alive to began with and there is no supreme laws? All this is just speculation and cant be answered properly but humanity does have a right to defend itself does it not? if god is jealous why cant man be jealous of god? is being human a controdictory? yes or no
pc131313

Pro

I take up your challenge

"Order and Religion is the true wrong and absolute chaos is the true right."
This statement is not followed by explanation or proof. These two elements are necessary to establish a debate. You are making a lecture with this part. Not the first part of a debate.

"We humans are born evil and most people are blissfully ignorant of this fact of abomination."
the last four words are not ordained in a convention agreed upon by the ones the English language demands. Its is unclear what you mean by them.
If all men are evil, please explain Gandhi, Churchill, George Washington, several hundred european philosophers, at least 400 saints, and the fact there are not 7billion Hitlers on earth.

"We try to make up for our greed by greedily pleasuring ourselves with kindness for in hope to be paid back in heaven someday."
Please explain why humans recognized as good people are atheists. This is a typical American stereotype, according to which all men and women are Christian. Several religions to not hint at an afterlife. If it is againt our nature to be evil, what do you mean by "greedily pleasuring ourselves with kindness "

"Humans why do we exist and does life not care what or how we live it?"
This sentence makes absolutely no sense. Perhaps however a general thought direction can be extracted from it.
This rebutal will assume you mean "Does life not care how we live it?"
answer: no. you can choose to end it now by jumping off a bridge. You can blow up in a building. You can save people. This will ultimately make no difference. You will age and die. Thus the only logical thing to assume is that it is up to us to make a goal for ourselves in life.

"or is it just coincidence we are alive to began with and there is no supreme laws?"
It saddens me that the usa or whatever country you come from is so impermeable to common sense that you have not heard of the recent scientific discoveries. There is a small amount of time after whatever provoked the creation of the universe, during which human measure of anything, and anything man-made cannot provide even an unreliable estimation of anything. We do not know.
It is to be hoped that you have not been religiously brainwashed to the point you have actually believed there were so called "supreme laws" or you were lead to believe there could possibly be an explained reason to the apparition of the universe or earth or humanity.
You have made a mistake in the use of the verb "to begin"

"All this is just speculation and cant be answered properly"
yes, it is. I concede this point.

"but humanity does have a right to defend itself does it not?"
It does. Do you mean you are defending yourself? Do you mean humanity must fight against something?

"if god is jealous why cant man be jealous of god?"
I was born in one of the most atheist repubics on earth. I can debate on this point because of my ultra-catholic famly, but I will certainly hurt your religious beliefs due to my rjection of the existence of any god.

"is being human a controdictory?"
Do you mean "is being human contradictory?" If you do, think about what you just said. something contradictory would be, for example, "bright darkness" or "hot cold"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
You obviously seem to be quite depressed right now, due to something happening around you. Your paragraph is more a large collection of frightening questions, which would be without consequence, since you would be able to ask them to your parents and family and they would comfort you, if two elements were not in disfavour of your mental stability:
1) This site is mainly populated by people living in America. Americans often have a huge religious background, and little or no geographical and historical knowledge, disfavouring general culture, and thus the capacity to answer questions intelligently. I am sorry to any Americans who are angered by this. It only generally concerns people not on this website, since I have seen very intelligent and perceptive remarks on here.
2)The religious part in your paragraph suggests that you have been under the influence of catholic idiots, of the species that cavort around ranting at black people, gays, abortion, and progress in general. Do not listen to these people
If I am wrong and you are in a perfectly normal mood, please excuse me and proceed.
beasthoodkidd

Con

you tried to Justify your reasoning about how depress or how irregular my questions are by saying that such questions are improper or that they are written badly is proof enough to show that people have a superiority complex. i thank you for answering them all the best you know how as you say they are harsh and depressing questions but it because life is harsh and depressing. humanity is knowledge itself there is no evil in animals but humans are born as such which means there is spiritual beings such as demons and angles or what ever you would like to call them because humanity is the proof of a soul which animals does not have. if there is no good there is no evil, no humans equals peace
pc131313

Pro

Very interesting reply.

here is my rebutal (not sure how to spell that, lol)

"it is because life is harsh and depressing"

I agree that life can often be harsh and depressing, but only if you let it get over you. For example, a few months ago, I was feeling very down and depressed. Then I set a challenge to myself; to spend the whole day smiling. I believe it actually worked. My life hasn't gotten better, but I actually manage to appreciate things in a different, better way. I think that life being harsh and depressing is often more a matter of you point of view than your situation. Of course, this is true only to a certain extent, but I hardly think that you are a battered war refugee, or a poor 11 year old kid in Mexico who has no future because he has no job opportunities where he is and he cant cross the border to the USA. And it is completely impossible that you are an ideological dissident in China, a starved peasant from North Korea or a terrified citizen of Iran.
So, yes, life can be harsh and depressing. But its all about how you look at it.

"humanity is knowledge itself there is no evil in animals but humans are born as such which means there is spiritual beings such as demons and angles or what ever you would like to call them because humanity is the proof of a soul which animals does not have."
----------------------------
deconstruction process
----------------------------
statement 1:
"humanity is knowledge itself"

agreed. Slugs, deer and salmon have not made any visible scientific breakthroughs as of yet.
______________________________________________________________
statement 2:
"there is no evil in animals"

Not sure. Animals cant really be said not to have evil or good sides, since none is apparent. If they would be evil, they would go out of their way to harm us. Yet they do not. Most of the time, their actions are justified by logic. An exception is the dolphin, which often goes out of its way to help humans. Yet if we can call the dolphin good, does it mean its opposite also exists? Evil dolphins? In any case, this statement seems correct to my logic. I agree.
statement 3, in opposition to statement 2:
"humans are born as such"

I do not believe they are. If we were all born evil, how come we have Churchill, Gandhi, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Rockefeller, Ford?
_______________________________________________________________
deductive sentence, following previous statements:
"which means there is spiritual beings such as demons and angles or what ever you would like to call them because humanity is the proof of a soul which animals does not have."

deconstruction of argumentation:
humans are capable of evil (agreed) --> humans have a soul (agreed) <-> which animals do not possess (half agreed, open for debate) --> \\concluding//: there are spiritual beings such as demons and angels (disagree)

I'm afraid I cant understand why the fact that we have a soul means that their must be a spiritual power. Could you please explain? This is interesting.
_____________

Self correction
_____________
I'm afraid I made some horrendous errors in my previous argument, because of a faulty keyboard. I am going to correct spelling. This part does not influence the rest of the debate.

"Several religions do not hint at an afterlife. If it is our nature to be evil, what do you mean by "greedily pleasuring ourselves with kindness "

ps: what I meant here was that how can we derive pleasure from kindness if it is our nature to be evil. I believe this should penalise argumentation votes for me.
beasthoodkidd

Con

Several religions do not hint at an afterlife. If it is our nature to be evil, what do you mean by "greedily pleasuring ourselves with kindness "

most people hope to get in heaven so most of the niceties that they do is because of this fact and not truly because they are actually kind
anyways we are born both good and evil i didnt mean to say all evil
and souls are actually spiritual to say angels and demons arent spirits is like saying people in the past didnt suffer for such acts like witchcraft or being vampires as in history books people burned witches and staked vampires
anyways the harshness of life make comfort a reality so idk if it technically good to say bad is absolute wrong in a world were our entire existence rely on both all i know to the reasons to life is that to live
pc131313

Pro

pc131313 forfeited this round.
Posted by pc131313 4 years ago
pc131313
don't *speak*
I had to give up my *computer*
This keyboard doesn't register half the keys I press.
Posted by pc131313 4 years ago
pc131313
XD lol, massive. I know, but unfortunately I'm not from a nation of people who don't seak 'caus they're afraid of what other people think.
beasthoodkidd and voters, I am sincerely sorry for the last round, I had to give up my omp yesterday for other people to work on it, and I'm extremely sick,so I had to go to sleep early. Again, sorry for not giving my third argument.
Posted by MassiveDump 4 years ago
MassiveDump
You're doing okay pro, but watch your conduct. It's mostly Catholic Americans that are gonna vote on this, remember xD
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
I think you want a discussion rather than a debate. Consider cancelling this, and starting a thread in the forums.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
beasthoodkiddpc131313Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I can't understand the resolution...