Joshua22
ConserativeDemocrat

government cover up

ConserativeDemocrat

Joshua22

Con

I think the government is covering up things from the people. Like the caves in the grand canyon that with artifacts that predates recorded history.and shut down the article about it. And why do they say ufo sightings are fake when they are eye witnesses mabe even our ancestors what are they trying to hide. They forget that we have the power to decide not them. This is all a cover up.
ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

The government is not a "Cover up." You have the BoP to show that the government is covering things up. You said that the government shut down a webpage about caves in the Grand Canyon and they deny UFOs. Source please. And eyewitnesses are not always reliable.

Plus, you know how hard it would be to keep all the things the government is supposedly covering up in the age of WikiLeaks and conspiracy theorists? Not to mention the government has 22,000,000 employees. I'm pretty sure that a few of them would of said something about how the government is covering up everything.

Source: http://cnsnews.com...

Your move
Joshua22

Con

Really then how come they never answer strait questions. I agree some eye witnesses aren't reliable. What about military witnesses who reported the same thing. And the government only give the public half truths. If you want to make a good argument do more research and get back to me.
ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

The BoP is on you to prove this. Please provide a source for your argument. Also, explain the rest of my points.
Joshua22

Con

My source is the internet and a retired army officer that asks that I don't give out his name so he doesn't get in trouble. My other source is look up mofan sorry if I miss spelled that.
ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

I can understand that you want to protect that person's identity, but that means that they are not a valid source. And it is your job to post the link. Con didn't provide any links, therefore his arguments are not valid. Vote Pro!
Posted by zookdook1 1 year ago
zookdook1
Feel free to cite some sources. Oh, and eyewitnesses are a terrible source of information.
Vote Placed by SkyLeach 1 year ago
SkyLeach
Joshua22ConserativeDemocratTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agreed with con before the argument, but his argument was very weak. He claimed special knowledge (informal fallacy) and 'the internet' as sources. Rather than reinforcing his argument, he degraded it. Pro was correct in that the burden of evidence and proof was on Con. Without providing even weak evidence and through the use of logical fallacies and sophistry Con actually made Pro's argument for proof stronger.
Vote Placed by KingEnder101 1 year ago
KingEnder101
Joshua22ConserativeDemocratTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con refused to give valid sources, and when he did, he simply said the "internet" and an unnamed military officer. This debate was boring overall, but con's arguement collapsed from the beggining.