mosesbirdsall
nedeo1

grammar

mosesbirdsall

Con

should grammar matter to some people
nedeo1

Pro

I accept the challenge.
mosesbirdsall

Con

some people may be special needs and can't speak speak proper grammer
nedeo1

Pro

Grammar is very important, for instance, I had to read your round two argument twice to understand it. Grammar's also very useful, if you are going to write a formal letter or email to some one and they can't understand it because its got poor grammar then he might not know what you are saying. If they write back to tell you they can't understand and messed up the grammar it may be to hard for YOU to read. My point is that grammar helps us to all understand each other.
mosesbirdsall

Con

yah i agree but what about the special ed people my little sister is special ed and i try to understand her english so its better to know both
nedeo1

Pro

The special ed people should still care about grammar, just because your not good at it doesn't mean you shouldn't care and just give up on it and confuse every one. There is a level of slang and bad grammar that can be understood easily, this is fine as long as you use your bad grammar when it doesn't matter, however, when you are doing a test it's important to use good grammar. Also, if grammar didn't matter then i could barley debate with you or get technical on what you said and the mistakes you made.
mosesbirdsall

Con

nice point but still some people don't know how to use it and some people grammar doesn't come to mind and only questions and spelling when needed
nedeo1

Pro

Again I can not understand you, you are using bad grammar in a debate about grammar. I can't rebut your point because it doesn't make sense. Con quoted "nice point but still some people don't know how to use it and some people grammar doesn't come to mind and only questions and spelling when needed". I believe you meant "nice point but some people don't know how to use grammar and sometimes grammar doesn't come to mind and only questions and spelling when needed in tests."
However, I am going to rebut your point how you said it. You stated that some people don't know how to use it. I have no idea how to use "it" either. You also stated that "some people grammar doesn't come to mind", I'm not sure what "people grammar" is but it sure is irrelevant to this debate. After that you stated that that "only questions and spelling when needed". Needed when? During a road trip, during a dinner, during a cricket game? I'm not sure what you were talking about but it is irrelevant to this debate.

Grammar does matter during a test, you tried to say that only questions and spelling comes to mind. You can use correct spelling but you must use correct grammar to answer the question. For example, say you are asked the question: How was your day? you could answer with good grammar- It was good thank you, how was yours? Or you could answer with bad grammar- Good it was thank you, yours was how? That is about as understandable as your debate, the point is, if it's a casual or formal question grammar is necessary and should be used for understanding.
mosesbirdsall

Con

when need at all times like spelling bees do you need grammar for that no not that I can remember.
nedeo1

Pro

Again, you have failed to use proper grammar. And again, your argument is a sentence long. You have named one test where you need spelling, that is it. One instance in the entire world that you can argue about were you don't need grammar. This almost sums up the whole debate. We need grammar in test, letters, e-mail, debates, blogs, the internet, wiki', books, social media, english, speech and so many other things. All you can name is a spelling test. I thank you for the debate.
Posted by nedeo1 2 years ago
nedeo1
not sure what you mean? :/